NEurope
tie.nano

Wii WindowBlinds Skins

Been working on a visual style for Windows XP, that reflects the Wii's look and style.

Only started work on it last night. So there's obviously alot that I need to work on still.

I thought maybe you guys could give me some ideas, on what I could include in the style -That's only if you're interested in seeing it fully designed though.

There's going to be 2 substyles.

-- Wii [black]

-- Wii [White

Here's a preview:

wiipreviewbi2.th.jpg

Edit: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/tienano/WiiPreview.jpg

ImageShack seems to be screwing up or something.

I've got an idea for the Start Button. So I'm thinking of getting rid of the design that I've got at the moment for it. But I'll be keeping the "house" symbol, as it's focus point.

Ignore the Close, Minimize, Maximize buttons. Plus anything else that doesn't seem to be part of the overall design, Lol.

Oh yeah...I need an idea of what I could do for the Start Menu.

Anyway. If you've got any ideas, let me know. :)

Edit:

Update added further on in this thread. Along with a conceptual creation of the Start menu.

Edit:

Black Skin:

previewofwiiskinht4.th.jpg

Click:

Wii - Black -- Download @ DeviantArt

White Skin:

wiiwhitepreviewax8.th.jpg

Click here to Download @ DeviantART

Is this going to be a proper theme? or a Stardock one? because it looks very nice, but im not using stardock.

Is this going to be a proper theme? or a Stardock one? because it looks very nice, but im not using stardock.

Visual styles can be applied through your regular desktop settings by modifying a dll file called uxtheme.dll (google it) or using a program like stylexp. As far as I can see, this isn't going to be made for stardock, but I'm sure tie.nano would be able to tell you for sure ;)

It looks great so far, make sure you don't overuse that half-white glass effect, it's been done to death lately :heh:

I'm making it, in SkinStudio. So I presume that you'll need WindowsBlinds in order to apply it. But if there is quite a few people here that are wary of Stardock, then i'll try and port it to an msstyle.

Anyway, thanks for the comments so far. And I've done an update:

preview2updatedzs0.th.jpg

Ignore the Inactive Help, and Maxmize buttons --still to do them, Lol.

What do you think?

I've attempted the white alternate substyle. But ran into some bother with it. Hopefully i'll sort it out. But I think I'll get the black version finished, and out of the way first, before I do.

can i just ask what would i have to downoad from stardock to eventually install this, all i see on the website is windows blinds and i thought that was different.

btw its looking nice.

Thanks for the comments.

I've did a conceptual start menu:

srtmenucon02jp0.png

It's done 100% in Photoshop. So it hasn't been broken down yet, and applied to the Visual Style.

What do you guys think?

Looking good, although isn't the reflected home image a bit too wide, or is it that its squashed?

Have you done anything on the white substyle, can't wait to see that!

This looks really impressive. When you've completed it I'm definitely going to use this style.

I do like that start menu.

I think, Twilight_Link that its wide/squashed because its meant to show maybe it's shadow going backwards.

I just noticed, that turn off computer button is the power buton from the wii, thats so cool.

That looks hot. I'll definetely get it when you finish it.

Have you uploaded the wallpapers on the internet? I could settle with those for now :smile:

Stefkov, you've got it almost right.

The reason why the reflection is the way it looks, is because I was distorting it, to follow roughly the same angle as the lighter part of the Start Menu (Directly above the taskbar) -- it's supposed to represent the slanted edge on the Wii hardware; where the power, reset and disc open / close buttons are).

I'll have a fiddle around with it more; see if I can make it a bit better.

And thanks yet again, for the comments. :)

Anyway. Here's a new preview:

Note: The reflection isn't on here. (Decided to remove it, until I sort it out more).

th_84201_WiiSuitePreview_514lo.jpg

DCK: The Wallpapers are pretty old, Lol. But here (They are pretty large in file size):

Normal: 1280 x 1024 px

nintendorevolutionwallpaperblackjk4.th.jpgnintendorevolutionwallpaperwhiteml7.th.jpg

Widescreen: 1680 x 1050px

th_80740_WiiWide_341lo.jpg

I love it, can't wait until it's finished. Now the hard choice...white or black?

Should I do a Red Substyle?

Not if it means the other two will take longer to do!

Seriously though I don't think you need to bother, the black and white ones are great as they are, don't think it would have the same feel if you used a 'proper' colour!

Not if it means the other two will take longer to do!

Seriously though I don't think you need to bother, the black and white ones are great as they are, don't think it would have the same feel if you used a 'proper' colour!

I supposed you're right.

But I was planning on creating a red one, after I've completed the Black and White ones.

Oh well, I guess I could make the red one for personal use. :hehe:

Update:

I've managed to incorporate the design of the Start Menu I made, into the Visual Style. Everything is where it should be. I got the buttons to work aswell (Logoff / Shutdown). :)

It definitely took alot of work. :hmm:

screenfi8.th.jpg

I'm liking the preview of the white one, looks sexy.

Black is still nice though, gonna set one of those wallpapers as my desktop

This is some quality work you are producing, keep up the good work. I am also creating a theme for windows...I know how long and hard it is to make one.