NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
knightendo

GAME and Wii placement :D :D :D

they probably don't want people running backwards and forwards to storerooms all the time, especially during peak seasons.

You haven't worked for the company long have you? Or any company? The powers that be come up with these big grand schemes they think will work, but not actually working on the shop floor makes them deluded.

And no we don't use the control system but we are supposed to. Its something like having a display box with the name of the game on its side, the guts attached to it and spare copies upstairs. I don't know, as I said, we never have used it.

And as far as guts vs display boxes. All I have to say is "But why do you have boxes on your shelves if you don't have them in stock RANT RANT RANT". Fucking idiots.

And as far as guts vs display boxes. All I have to say is "But why do you have boxes on your shelves if you don't have them in stock RANT RANT RANT". Fucking idiots.
But it makes no sense...

Anyway, go GAME, suppose this helps some in the UK.

good to hear, it might be fun walking into GAME now, insead of trundling all the way to the back i can havea smile on my face as soon as i walk in the door. like when the lite launched. walked into GAMe in salford or soewhere, and i walked right past the ds games, to the psp games, then had to walk back.

oh, and sony have instructed GAME already that pre-orders for the ps3 will HAVE to be accompanied with a £150 deposit!!! AND the shops will only get enough machines in to cover the EXACT amount of deposits! yep, they're gonna claim "oh look we're so popular we're sold out, and that's making headlines for us, aren't we great" when it's being cooked up by them all along as per usual!

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo people that dont know of this deposit they have to give will be turned away on launch day because they didnt hand over a £150 deposit :angry: poor sony mistake after mistake after mistake.

(or are asking they parents to get it for them on launch, or a gift etc will be turned away as well)

*fanboy mode* :love: mwahahahah*/fanboy mode*

Sony are getting REALLY arrogant if that is true. How stupid can they be. Oh well. More Nintendo goodness for me!:bouncy:

This is fantastic news! The DS really has got Nintendo back to the top (well....I can say that with more confidence when the Wii outsells the ps3 5:1...:P)

You haven't worked for the company long have you? Or any company? The powers that be come up with these big grand schemes they think will work, but not actually working on the shop floor makes them deluded.

And no we don't use the control system but we are supposed to. Its something like having a display box with the name of the game on its side, the guts attached to it and spare copies upstairs. I don't know, as I said, we never have used it.

To be honest, I think the control system is pretty much up to the manager.

In one store I worked in, all guts and lives were just put in the drawers, with overflow going in the stock room or in the cabinets.

In another, you had to have 10 guts, and 1 live in the drawers. The 10 boxes had to be out on the shop floor, and the rest of the lives were in the stock room or cabinets. Obviously if you didn't have 10 copies of the game, you'd put all of the guts in the drawers, and make the boxes up using the promo material and dummy boxes...

happy days indeed! nice to hear gamestation are so behind it too :D

as for gutting the cases, there's only so much space a shop can have, to store all those games AND have duplicate game cases for every singe one is asking a bit much. a lot of the time new releases will have extra stock in the drawers still wrapped up and we'll give them out.

and if anyone notices star points missing (before you leave the shop mind!) report it, so it can be investigated and the culprit caught!

our store (yes ashley iv only worked there a few months but being 28 and having worked for past ten years i know what you mean about managers making decision without having a clue.... that's why northern ireland's railway system is so f****d up! (my last employer)) anyhoo, our store puts as many "live" boxes sans guts out as possible, but if that game has a lot of display cases we'll just file the live box and gut away together still sealed up. once a game is off the chart/display area and into the zig-zags we keep two copies of each game out, gutted, any more get put into the drawer complete. we have no games out the back at all, just masses and masses and masses of drawers on the shop floor lol!

To be honest, I think the control system is pretty much up to the manager.

Nope. Old worm-head (regional manager) has now said if we fail anything in the standards and efficiencies (which include the control system if im correct) the manager and assistant manager will get a disciplinary. But it should be up to the manager, as they should have some flexibility because each store is different.

happy days indeed! nice to hear gamestation are so behind it too :D

as for gutting the cases, there's only so much space a shop can have, to store all those games AND have duplicate game cases for every singe one is asking a bit much. a lot of the time new releases will have extra stock in the drawers still wrapped up and we'll give them out.

and if anyone notices star points missing (before you leave the shop mind!) report it, so it can be investigated and the culprit caught!

our store (yes ashley iv only worked there a few months but being 28 and having worked for past ten years i know what you mean about managers making decision without having a clue.... that's why northern ireland's railway system is so f****d up! (my last employer)) anyhoo, our store puts as many "live" boxes sans guts out as possible, but if that game has a lot of display cases we'll just file the live box and gut away together still sealed up. once a game is off the chart/display area and into the zig-zags we keep two copies of each game out, gutted, any more get put into the drawer complete. we have no games out the back at all, just masses and masses and masses of drawers on the shop floor lol!

Oh which game in belfast do you work in? You can give your fave mod a discount ;)

Nope. Old worm-head (regional manager) has now said if we fail anything in the standards and efficiencies (which include the control system if im correct) the manager and assistant manager will get a disciplinary. But it should be up to the manager, as they should have some flexibility because each store is different.

Ouch. That sucks.

I haven't worked in GAME since Christmas though, so it's probably changed in the 7 months I haven't been there.

this makes me wonder why i bought all those crappy non-nintendo consoles...PSP, 360, PS2...there all going tits up and they took my money! Ah well, at least i can trade in those consoles to add money to my Wii fund.

Wii Fund: £444.26 and climbing

this makes me wonder why i bought all those crappy non-nintendo consoles...PSP, 360, PS2...there all going tits up and they took my money! Ah well, at least i can trade in those consoles to add money to my Wii fund.

Bloody hell! What you doing, buying a Wii and every game and accessory that comes with it!! :o

Hey knightendo, enjoy your stay there, they are a nice company.

I've just had my last day at Gameplay, which is based in the Game HQ and had to run out of the fire exit, setting all the alarms off as the stupid security guys locked my card and didnt bother to come and get me, despite the fact that I was walking around the building at 8:40pm!!

The Game HQ is really weird at the moment.. there are snooker/football tables, ds and xbox 360 demo pods and giant king kong, lara croft, hitman and lego daft vader figures everywhere!! Weird.... In the void, we would have great fun messing around with the figures when nobody was around...my friend had King Kong fall on him after messing around with his arm.

Game are pushing Nintendo products really well at the moment. If you look at the new gameplay catalogue, you will see a big picture of a ds lite on the front and the front pages are dedicated to the ds and wii...this was done as Game requested to have the catalogue that way. I have big ears.;) The PSP is also being pushed though, because it's the summer and handheld consoles are big at the moment.

To me, it just seems as if they really like what Nintendo are trying to do. I really like what Nintendo are doing...They are making me play games.

Game are pushing Nintendo products really well at the moment. If you look at the new gameplay catalogue, you will see a big picture of a ds lite on the front and the front pages are dedicated to the ds and wii...this was done as Game requested to have the catalogue that way. I have big ears.;) The PSP is also being pushed though, because it's the summer and handheld consoles are big at the moment.

Yeah was look at that the other day. I found it amusing it said the Wii's estimate price, but didn't mention the PS3's price.

soag, i'm in the castlecourst branch, if you're in introduce yourself sure! (30% discount on games if i buy it for ya lol!) you can't miss me, i'm the only one with my name WRITTEN on my badge (Phil, by the way) instead of printed out, d'oh!

and pyxis, sounds like game hq is one cool place to work! you know that huge new super mario bros figure thing? hehe, now he's standing proudly in the corner of my room - sweet! :D

can't wait till we start getting ready for the new remerchandising and the wii!! won't be able to contain myself with all the hype!! :o

soag, i'm in the castlecourst branch, if you're in introduce yourself sure! (30% discount on games if i buy it for ya lol!) you can't miss me, i'm the only one with my name WRITTEN on my badge (Phil, by the way) instead of printed out, d'oh!

and pyxis, sounds like game hq is one cool place to work! you know that huge new super mario bros figure thing? hehe, now he's standing proudly in the corner of my room - sweet! :D

can't wait till we start getting ready for the new remerchandising and the wii!! won't be able to contain myself with all the hype!! :o

You have prob served me before then :heh:, I'll be in tomorrow I'll be wearing a wanyes world hat so I'll be easy to spot. Want a new ds game will prob get phoniex wright i think.

You have prob served me before then :heh:, I'll be in tomorrow I'll be wearing a wanyes world hat so I'll be easy to spot. Want a new ds game will prob get phoniex wright i think.

not in till sunday again so wont see you today :S let me know by PM sure next time ur down this way and i'l let you know if i'm about sure.

Popped into work today and someone had bought NGamer and stuck the Mario Galaxy poster on the "hatch" (for the counter) so bit of advertising there.

knightendo, just curious as to what exactly this is? Is it a cardboard standee or an actual figure? do you have any pics? TIA :bouncy:

:hmm: bit much...most on this forum will prob have change from £300

sorry it's blurry, taken with a dodgy phone camera there now. he's about five feet tall, and usually have him looking out the window lol! never fails to entertain me, the faces of people walking past :D

383838107a1517332399b920785586l.jpg

Sign in to follow this