NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Windows Messenger Live Help

I've had Windows Live for a few months now, but when I try to log in it says I have to download a new version in order to log in. I try to download but it says every time that it failed to install due to Windows INstaller not being properly installed. I get error code 1603. Can anyone help, as I can no longer log in to my MSN account.

Yeah I tried reinstalling but it seems Windows Installer is having none of it. It says either I'm running in Safe Mode which I'm not, or Windows Installer isn't installed properly, which I just installed!

Hmm i got this with my old computer, but on my new one it works fine. I just recommend just uninstalling it and installing msn 7.5.

Theres not much difference. Really.

msn 7.5 plus! with a few add ons is the best thing ever!!! live messenger sucks hot air!

msn 7.5 plus! with a few add ons is the best thing ever!!! live messenger sucks hot air!

And all the lovely lovely spyware?

This happened to me once, it worked when I let it change my homepage, I don't know if it still asks you to do that.

If that doesn't work do this:

Restart your computer.

Download it again.

Try installing.

I went back from live to 7.5, breath of fresh air if you ask me. Didn't like it at all.

Thanks everyone for your help. I just turned off my computer while I went to DS Download Station, when I came back ad turned it on, it installed fine. Thanks!

Live Messenger hasn't been letting me send messages at random times the past few days, it's irritating.

Sign in to follow this