NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Potential Uses for the Wii-mote's speaker

I thought this would be a cool idea. Just to get some ideas on how the speaker on the Wii-mote will be used.

We've had several ideas so far. Such as, how it will be used in the Twilight Princcess, or with something like Wario Ware.

What about in a Spiderman game? Use the Wii-mote like a web-blaster. Aim at the screen, and fire to hurl a web. A web blasting sound will come from the speaker and you'll see the web fly on the screen. I think we can expect this sort of thing.

But, let's be more creative here.:)

What are your ideas?

In a game where you use a gun (like red steel) the sound of the gun when you fire would come from the speaker but whatever it hits makes a noise on your TV.

Also noises like when you reload or if shells drop out the gun (say if your using a Revolver) should come from the speaker too.

I'm not that concerned about the speaker. I play games at a loud volume - there is absolutely no way a DS-style speaker will make any impact. Hopefully, a seperate (better) speaker will be released... although i sincerely doubt that!

Twilight Princess - OOT Lost Woods style puzzles, where you have to follow the music to get through.

In games like Resident Evil (or Sadness maybe):

Eerie whispering or the sound of the wind whistling.

I think in any game where the Wiimote is used to represent an object (such as a sword, bow and arrow, baseball bat etc...) the sounds of that object striking or discharging should come from the Wiimote speaker for added realism.

I think fist sounds would make sence coming from the Wiispeaker, but not voices..

Turn the flashlight on in Resi Evil, and you hear it click maybe?

errr you guys arent thinking outside the box...

so far the ideas are pretty obvious, tellyn is on the right track

how about, a tracking device????? eg.

jim would know what im talking about, *holds up wand

WE CAN FIND HER WITH THIS

YOU GET ME???

I'd like a mini game in Wario ware where you have to move the controller in 3D space with a sound from the speaker getting louder as you get near the desired point.

Use the speaker to give tips in Zelda or Metroid

Invisible enemies in Metroid that can only be located by using the controller as a kind of sonar radar.

In Res Evil or Metal Gear, holding the controller to your ear like a phone during the walkie talkie briefings bits (forgot their name)

A metal detector tool in Animal Crossing Wii, again using the speaker to indicate hidden treasures.

In multiplayer FPSs, having individual sounds coming from the controller relative to your position.

In GTA (if it happens) have the music from your car come from the controller.

What about a multiplayer shoot em up or strategy game where your controller rings like a phone, indicating to you to hold the speaker up to your ear. When you do, it whispers secret information or objectives that your opponents won't know about. :)

Either that or just turn it into a very expensive maracca.

how about, a tracking device????? eg.

jim would know what im talking about, *holds up wand

WE CAN FIND HER WITH THIS

YOU GET ME???

Hahahahaa. They NEED to create an Aliens game, just for the motion tracker sound.

How about...in a tense moment in Resident Evil, you can hear the sound of a beating heart through the Wii-motes speaker?

Oh. Really sorry about that. :indeed:

*Racks brain*

OK, how about this:

A game where two people are speaking at the same time. One speaks through the TV speaker, one through the remote speaker. They say almost the same thing, except for maybe one or two key words, such as:

'You can find the key in the yellow wardrobe"

'You can find the key in the red wardrobe"

Which might reveal to you that you need to look in the orange wardrobe. :)

Seriously, I doubt there's much in the way of innovation here. What can they do with the remote speaker that they can't do using an additional sound channel through the TV speaker?

I remember in mgs2 , there was that mic u used to eves drop on what ocelot and solidus are talking about. you could have that

How about...in a tense moment in Resident Evil, you can hear the sound of a beating heart through the Wii-motes speaker?

Genius idea, you deserve some sort of prize. :)

I'd like a mini game in Wario ware where you have to move the controller in 3D space with a sound from the speaker getting louder as you get near the desired point.

Invisible enemies in Metroid that can only be located by using the controller as a kind of sonar radar.

In Res Evil or Metal Gear, holding the controller to your ear like a phone during the walkie talkie briefings bits (forgot their name)

A metal detector tool in Animal Crossing Wii, again using the speaker to indicate hidden treasures.

In multiplayer FPSs, having individual sounds coming from the controller relative to your position.

Nice :D some pretty good ideas there!

I love the walkie talkie one and gta, brilliant.

...Invisible enemies in Metroid that can only be located by using the controller as a kind of sonar radar...

This is a genius idea! I'd love this if it was ever implemented!

Damn, what if Eternal Darkness came to Wii. That would make some crazy sanity effects :awesome:

I really like these ideas :D

In any game, whatever your character says (in a cut-scene, for example) can only be heard from the Wiimote speaker. I guess you could also use it for those radio commands in Counter-Strike.

You know what would be a good prank? If the TV was off, the controller was rumbling violently, and the speaker says "The controller will self-destruct in 10 seconds" or something. Would be great for those who have never heard of video games (especially where I live).

If you put your tongue on it while it's making vibration, memorize the pattern, then repeat the directions played on your tongue....that might be fun.

I guess you could use your hands.

Having the gun attachment + rumble as you shoot a machine gun + gun sound effects from speaker = drool

Please help develop AC for the Wii. That is all.

My question is how good will this speaker be? I mean with a decent 5.1 system you could already do most of those effects you guys mentioned. Will it really change a game that serious if I sit 2-3m away from my TV and its speakers?

That thing needs a microphone - that would add a lot more fun and realism especially in games with more than one player.

My question is how good will this speaker be? I mean with a decent 5.1 system you could already do most of those effects you guys mentioned. Will it really change a game that serious if I sit 2-3m away from my TV and its speakers?

That thing needs a microphone - that would add a lot more fun and realism especially in games with more than one player.

I think there's an huge difference, since it's in your hands and the controller acts like a link between you and the game. And you don't need a decent 5.1 system to do that you can even use a 20 year old tv with mono sound.

Sign in to follow this