NEurope
That Guy

Zelda: Wind Waker/OOT?

I know that absolutely everyone loves Zelda: OOT and The Wind Waker got criticism from fans, but I was just wondering what the views of people who played WW first before they got into OOT.

I recently started playing OOT and I have to say, I'm not impressed in the slightest. I'm not a graphics whore so the graphics aren't bothering me too much, I just can't put my finger on why I don't like it.

I'm a bit worried that since Twighlight Princess is a realistic Zelda instead of cel shaded I might not like that after all of this waiting.

Did anyone else like Wind Waker but not OOT?

I liked both and played Ocarina of Time after Wind Waker (my first Zelda game).

Well I started playing zelda gamnes after I played Link to the past on snes when i was young. I really love OOT and I think WW is great too but OOT is the best zelda game (and possibly the best game ever!) IMO!

Anyway I really can't understand why you don't like OOT but you should dammit!

Well I started playing zelda gamnes after I played Link to the past on snes when i was young. I really love OOT and I think WW is great too but OOT is the best zelda game (and possibly the best game ever!) IMO!

Anyway I really can't understand why you don't like OOT but you should dammit!

Lol, I know! I get annoyed while playing it, that I'm not loving it. I really loved Wind Waker, it's one of my favourite games of all time. Maybe it's the control, it just feels a bit weird to me, like not as tight as Wind Waker. I dunno.

Why don't I freakin like it?:blank:

You might not be a land-lover, are you missing you're little boat or what? ( i know i would)

Because your weird mate. Simple as.

YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE IN OUR FORUMS NOW P**S OFF!!!!

Yes I'm joking, but go play some more OOT and make yourself love it!

Honestly That Guy, you have issues. I am so in love with it that I am trying to hunt down Japanese soundtracks of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and The WInd Waker.

I can understand people who play Ocarina of Time for the first time nowadays, not liking it!

Firstly, Ocarina of Time is my favourite game EVER........ EVER!!

But nowadays if I start a new playthrough of the game, I probably don't enjoy it quite as much as I did back in the N64 days. (Though I still enjoy the Ganondorf fight and ending just as much! It's one of the best gaming moments ever!)

The problem is simply that times have changed!

Playing the game now the graphics don't bother me either (it's part of the charm!),

However I think the story and adventure as a whole has been greatly effected as times gone on. The story (by todays standards) now lacks ALOT of depth (where before it seemed an epic adventure) and the game as a whole can actually feel pretty linear. Hyrule also seems much smaller and confined, where before it was the complete opposite.

So much of what made the game special on the N64 has been copied or bettered by todays games, so the game just won't appear as special or groundbreaking if you're playing it for the first time now!

To be fully appreciated, Ocarina of Time had to be experienced in the N64 era, when it was truely like nothing you could have ever imagined! and thankfully that's how I saw it!

i got my cube with collectors edition and the first one i played as far as i can remember was oot i think it's a great game (that was the first time i played a zelda) about a month later i rented ww but i didn't have room on my memory card so the game was a little boring without saving. soon i got a new card rented it again and got stuck in the fortress at the beging (i hate stelth missions.) recently i've been playing oot and i thought it was the best 3d zelda ever. last weekend i bought ww and i'm now at the second time you go to outcast island and i think ww is better than oot. besides the nes ones and four swords advntures minish cap is the only 2d zelda i've played and i prefer it over oot.

That Guy, I feel your pain!

I bought the WW with the 2nd disc with OoT and MM on it, and duly enjoyed WW very much (not a very tough game but enjoyable).

OoT though...I can;t make myself play it. I've only got a few more Temples to do but the game just feels so unresponsive (perhaps because I'm not playing it on the N64 pad it was designed for?) and slow in pace. It's also much more difficult that WW. I have a load of friends who swear by OoT as the best game ever, but I just don't see the appeal. I guess when it originally came out it broke a lot of new ground but now it seems dated and unappealling.

However, I have sworn to finish it before I get my Wii with Twilight Princess!

How far have you got into the game? Now when I play into it, I only really start to get into it after I get to the Forest Temple (Adult Link is sex on a stick...in gaming terms obviously :P). It's my favourite game of all time by FAR, but I think now I kinda have to force myself to play through the beginning.

Everything develops, thats why we in the future also will try to convince our children that movies, music and games from our youth is fantastic while they can´t see whats so special about it.

A Link to the past was my first Zelda game and man do i love it. But I have tried the Zelda-games for NES and don´t really enjoy them. Same thing about OOT, I skipped N64 and had a PSX instead. I heard about OOT and tried it on an emulator but never beat ganon due to a bug, later i got the collectors-disc for the GC and after finishing WW i played through OOT. The experience was enjoyable, but I´m sure I would hold the game in higher asteem if I had played it when it was new. Hence my favorite game of all time is A Link to the past, that game was awesome at the time, and hopefully still decent for those who try it now.

But regardless of what you personally think of each individual Zelda-game, you must give the creators credit because they are all milestones in gaming-history.

i got my cube with collectors edition and the first one i played as far as i can remember was oot i think it's a great game (that was the first time i played a zelda) about a month later i rented ww but i didn't have room on my memory card so the game was a little boring without saving. soon i got a new card rented it again and got stuck in the fortress at the beging (i hate stelth missions.) recently i've been playing oot and i thought it was the best 3d zelda ever. last weekend i bought ww and i'm now at the second time you go to outcast island and i think ww is better than oot. besides the nes ones and four swords advntures minish cap is the only 2d zelda i've played and i prefer it over oot.

pffft you have got no taste -.-

Oh and btw IM THE ELF HERE not anyone else. Now go play with your little penis and post back after you feel more relaxed and not so stupid.

sorry if im being stupid but im really hot and bothered.

well i seem to be on my own here, but i actually hated OOT - hence i dont really like zelda

the fighting is rubbish and it takes ages to get around and im scared when it goes dark and that thing with the propellor starts chasing you. also, sometimes you are stuck for ages not having a clue where to go, and some dungeon rooms look the same and it incredibly easy to get lost

The devil shall eat your soul and you will meet a painful fate involving pigeons...

That Guy, I feel your pain!

I bought the WW with the 2nd disc with OoT and MM on it, and duly enjoyed WW very much (not a very tough game but enjoyable).

OoT though...I can;t make myself play it. I've only got a few more Temples to do but the game just feels so unresponsive (perhaps because I'm not playing it on the N64 pad it was designed for?) and slow in pace. It's also much more difficult that WW. I have a load of friends who swear by OoT as the best game ever, but I just don't see the appeal. I guess when it originally came out it broke a lot of new ground but now it seems dated and unappealling.

However, I have sworn to finish it before I get my Wii with Twilight Princess!

Unresponsive, yeah, thats the best way to describe it. I really wish I'd had an N64 instead of Playstation. Missed out on so much... :cry:

The devil shall eat your soul and you will meet a painful fate involving pigeons...

no game, no matter how good, pleases everyone

and remove me from your sig

I adore Ocarina - in fact any Zelda that doesn't have 2D sequences...

For some reason when I got the Collectors Edition (which I've sold now, i'll get them on Wii Virtual Console) the game seemed slow and combat was simplistic - and Wind Waker spiced this up with those sublime Parry/Counter Attacks.

All in all, Ocarina is an outstanding game - the most accomplished game ever - and has left a legacy in gaming.

pffft you have got no taste -.-

Oh and btw IM THE ELF HERE not anyone else. Now go play with your little penis and post back after you feel more relaxed and not so stupid.

sorry if im being stupid but im really hot and bothered.

Get the **** off your high horse damn it. People are entitled to their opinion, so what if he doesn't think OOT is the godly game you attempt to jizz over.

I personally preferred Wind Waker, having never owned an N64 I never played OOT properly. I had played Zelda games before that, but Wind Waker just appealed to me more. I really fell for the graphics and the amazing colour. The vastness of the oceans and the exploring element. The return to Hyrule was quite special too, even though I hadn't played OOT at this point I still made sure I knew the story. The intro and the music to the intro blew me away.

OOT was good, but I think, like people have already said, because times had changed and games advanced. The things that made it so amazing back when it was first released were no longer that special.

Get the **** off your high horse damn it. People are entitled to their opinion, so what if he doesn't think OOT is the godly game you attempt to jizz over.

I personally preferred Wind Waker, having never owned an N64 I never played OOT properly. I had played Zelda games before that, but Wind Waker just appealed to me more. I really fell for the graphics and the amazing colour. The vastness of the oceans and the exploring element. The return to Hyrule was quite special too, even though I hadn't played OOT at this point I still made sure I knew the story. The intro and the music to the intro blew me away.

OOT was good, but I think, like people have already said, because times had changed and games advanced. The things that made it so amazing back when it was first released were no longer that special.

For god sake ramar it was a ******* joke dammit!

grrrrrrrrrrr you people take things too seriously!

Lol, Ramar's funny when he's mad.

Also: OOT can be a complete chore if you don't know what you're doing, but once you hit your stride and start doing well, it turns into a great game.

BTW, I too, like Wind Waker more: Less frustrating, waaaay better music, and an infinately better combat system.

Hmm i agree with the topic.

I too didnt have N64 and only experienced OOT on the GC.

I played WW first and i loved that, trully magical and the ending just capped of one of the most beautiful and polished games i have ever played.

OOT on the otherhand...was different, i guess i didint like the darker and grittier setting, and i couldnt get into it basicallly.

I wanted to like it...but alas couldnt in the end.

Now its just picking up dust ;P

I think you have to be experience Ocarina of Time first in order to fully appreciate it. Preferably, playing it on the N64. Now, games have arrived with better mechanics, and it's really testing whether this game can or will stand the test of time.

If you can see past all this, there is an awesome game there. It may feel slow, but the story will draw you in. It wouldn't do Nintendo any harm if they could update this game in someway for newer gamers. Maybe making it more fluid by today's standard, so it doesn't feel so slow maybe.