NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Zidane: genius or idiot?

What do you think of Zidane's headbutt?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Zidane's headbutt?

• Great
    • Terrible

The poll is a bit misleading. Basically, it's asking if we thought the headbutt was good or terrible!

He ended his career on a real low note, and he's going to have to live with that. In a few years time, if you ask him "how did you want to end your career?", he'll probably say "lifting the world cup."

The guy is still an awesome footballer, and hopefully that is how we all remember him by.

If someone called your mum a terrorist whore, wouldn't you hit them?

I know I would.

Ah for for fuck sake.....:heh:

Come over to Ireland and watch a hurling match. Players receive more physical abuse, more verbal abuse AND dont get paid and there's not 1/10th of the antics that go on in "Professional" soccer.....

The poll is a bit misleading. Basically, it's asking if we thought the headbutt was good or terrible!

He ended his career on a real low note, and he's going to have to live with that. In a few years time, if you ask him "how did you want to end your career?", he'll probably say "lifting the world cup."

The guy is still an awesome footballer, and hopefully that is how we all remember him by.

QFT

The newspapers most probably made up the other footballer calling his family names, but even so, you don't react like that. Everyone wants an excuse for him, but he's just an idiot.

The newspapers most probably made up the other footballer calling his family names.

They had so much to gain. Welcome to planet no motive.

has zidane or any other reliable source actually confirmed he called his family/mom a terrorist hore?..is it just in newspapers?

it has tarnished his name as he was a role model for footballers everywhere in the world...and to see him raising his..head...in anger is disgraceful surely he couldve waited till he was in the car park or sumthing ;):)

mightve done it out of frustation that he wasnt going out on a high with the world cup and instead he got so angry he had to take it out on someone

Yeah I use to play football, I played for about 8 years. I never once retaliated to any of the verbal running about on the field. Because I knew it was all that, its just verabl crap that means nothing, and is there to wind you up. Failing to ignore it and returning it in physical or verbal form makes you just as bad as the person saying the insults.

It wasn't just an insult. He also nipple crippled him.

It wasn't just an insult. He also nipple crippled him.

Is that meant to justify it?

I've had people stamp on my foot, hold onto my shirt, even shorts. I never retaliated, I just got in with my game. Zidane let it affect him and did exactly what Materazzi wanted.

I live in hackney, and never before have i seen so many people love someone for not taking any shit. I asked around, what you think of zidanes action, they said, they would of smacked him up. This being, I dont think zidane would of done anything had his mum not been in hospital.

Sign in to follow this