NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

Anyone else concerned about Wii having bugs?

The controller will have been through lots of testing etc before release. Remember it is in thier interest for this thing to work or they wont make any money! Besides nintendo make suprising hard wearing products, my NES still works unlike some of my friends PS2's.

You can't compare those two. But in my experience Nintendo is really concerned about the quality of their products so I doubt hardware problems will be an issue. With software it is different - bugs can't be avoided and I really don't want a console where I need patches to play.

Furthermore there is a difference between a software bug and lets say a bad implementation of the controller. That is up to Nintendos QA and the developer.

Regarding the past Nintendo consoles, I'm preety sure it won't have those issues. Nintendo don't launch buggie systems. That's a fact. period

When the Gamecube launched there was a load of them that would crash. I had one, there was a letter in NGC where someone had one, and NGC said they'd been getting a fair few letters with similar problems, and when I took my console back to Game he said they'd had a few people returning them. So not every Nintendo console is perfect.

If anything were to go wrong though with the Wii I'd expect it to be with the controller, but I think Nintendo will have planned it and tested it through enough to avoid these kinds of problems.

When the Gamecube launched there was a load of them that would crash. I had one, there was a letter in NGC where someone had one, and NGC said they'd been getting a fair few letters with similar problems, and when I took my console back to Game he said they'd had a few people returning them. So not every Nintendo console is perfect.

That would probably turn out to have been a defective batch of components, rather than a design flaw, which is what you could only rightfully call a hardware bug.

That would probably turn out to have been a defective batch of components, rather than a design flaw, which is what you could only rightfully call a hardware bug.

Ah, yeah I suppose it would.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Nintendo have never released a buggy piece of innovative hardware in the past, so it's very unlikely we'll see that trend broken now.

I'm sure Nintendo will produce a lot more functional machines than Sony Will.

I'm sure a lot of PS3 will have defective batches of components.

PS3 defective batches?

Kinda reminds me of my families Sony misfortunes...it seems they only break JUST after the warranty expires. Never had something break within that time, bloody con-artists.

According to reports, the PS3's cell processor yield is dangerously low, and this will have a knock-on effect of making the PS3 available only in very limited qualities until the yield can get up to improved levels.

They will probably rush it out, with a high presentage of them being faulty. Then they will delay it to fix the problem, saying that they have shortages for the next 3 months, destroy what ever they have left. Then they will re-release it in late January, when it should've been originaly released. :hmm:

couldnt be worse than the ps3 lol, and nintendos hardware is usually of a stupidly high standard.

I believe the pokemon systems had a few bugs.

Butterfree, other bug pokemon.

Sign in to follow this