N-Europe

Need for Speed: Carbon

darkjak

the sensor bar really suits that HDTV quite well :)

the game looks ok but not exacly the best pictures of it, itll most likely be just abit less shiney than the 360 version, which is fine for me because currently racing games have been heavier on the looks than the gameplay

To me the cars and the buildings look like GTA on the Playstation 2.

478.jpg

476.jpg

That finally proves that you can't look any screenshots with neutral mindset. Yeah, this surely looks like GTA3. :indeed:

gta3_map.jpg

And yes, those two are indeed from Wii version. I don't know where Revolution Report did get them, but you can notice from small things (like road and N64-esque smoke) that these aren't from Xbox 360 or PS3 version.

No but lets face the facts, if you want to play normal consle games then your going to have to own a ps3 or 360 to get them as they are not going to be on the wii thats my point. So to play games like dead rising and devil may cry etc your gonna need another consle as you won't get games like these on a wii proberly.

don't count on it. look at the games Ubisoft are bringing to Wii. if a developer wants to, anything "normal" can be brought to the Wii and play better than on the other two. Look at Madden, THAT's how games should be handled by EA, but for some reason this particular developer is just lazy and EA are letting them away with it. "player fatigue" is the lamest excuse, period! or should i say "exclaimation mark!"

this game will suffer the same way NFS on DS did, as it was a lazy, lame version just thrown out to apease fans. there is no excuse why there should be no online (unless they're under NDA's from ninty about online services) and new controller support is a must. after all, not everyone who buys Wii will have the classic controller or an old GCN one, what are they gonna do? turn the wiimote on its side and play it like an old NES game?! this is just shit, EA needs to give these guys a kick up the arse.

and the best NFS was the original one on 3DO imho :)

That finally proves that you can't look any screenshots with neutral mindset. Yeah, this surely looks like GTA3. :indeed:

And yes, those two are indeed from Wii version. I don't know where Revolution Report did get them, but you can notice from small things (like road and N64-esque smoke) that these aren't from Xbox 360 or PS3 version.

Well those pictures are from the 360 version - at least IGN has them listed for 360 on their site. Furthermore those are EA "bullshots" like they did with Madden. In this case I rather believe that IGN knows which pictures are connected with each version of the game. They don't list those screenshots for the Wii whereas the reccently released pictures (althouth the quality is very low) do look a lot more different and to be honest horrible.

IGN picture: need-for-speed-carbon-20060622113908489.jpg

They don't list those screenshots for the Wii whereas the reccently released pictures (althouth the quality is very low) do look a lot more different and to be honest horrible.

How you can honestly say anything from tiny, postcard sized pictures that are taken with camera? There's good reason why most companies don't allow taking direct photos of their games (for example, there was photo ban on Gears of War during E3). They simply make games look worse than they really are.

How you can honestly say anything from tiny, postcard sized pictures that are taken with camera? There's good reason why most companies don't allow taking direct photos of their games (for example, there was photo ban on Gears of War during E3).

Well the car looks like a low polygon modell and so do the buildings. Shadows look pretty simple aswell and the reflections on the car don't look to good either. Furthermore I played the XBOX version which looks when it runs on a TV better. I would say that I am confident that this game will look even worse on a standard definition TV - now it is displayed on a HD TV.

You are right there are good reasons for publishers to prevent taking pictures of unfinished material but EA showed that game on their booth so obviously they don't care.

But Need for Speed Carbon will ship in November on all plattforms - so I guess those pictures show a nearly finished version.

How you can honestly say anything from tiny, postcard sized pictures that are taken with camera? There's good reason why most companies don't allow taking direct photos of their games (for example, there was photo ban on Gears of War during E3). They simply make games look worse than they really are.

exactly! people are too quick to judge based on badly taken screens! hardly fair!

i learned my lesson from seeing constant screenshots in magazines of titles such as mario kart ds and animal crossing ds and they looked very blocky, but then when they were released the screenshots improved, and when you play them they look amazing! right now, all we can really do is wait, and read how these games play... after all that's the important thing!

This game sounds really bad. Why O why would we wan't Point to drive?

Hope they fix the controlls.

1up hands on:

In the version we tried, you control the game by looking at a small steering wheel icon on the bottom of the screen below your car. It has a small circle on its outer rim that determines where you point the Wii-mote, so the idea is that you point the controller left and right slightly to turn the wheel icon, thus turning the car and controlling the game. It's like those DS control options, but using the Wii-mote as a pointer rather than a stylus.

The nunchaku attachment serves as your gas and break -- hold up on the analog stick to go and down to stop -- and also allows you to perform a hand brake by jerking it up quickly.

Most Wanted on my notebook looks a lot better but I guess that is the disadvantage of being a developer friendly console.

That makes absolutely no sense. Wii is more capable than XBOX no doubt, the only problem here is that devs are lazy and focusing on the controller (which is good). Being developer friendly has nothing to do it.

Also, those controls seem lame.

Yeah, the GameCube had pretty crappy graphics for its era. That was due to its developer friendliness.

The controller should definitely be held horizontally.

ur being sarcastic right...? gcn had much better graphics than ps2.

i do realise that if you are being sarcastic i now look like a fool for having to ask, but hey :D