NEurope

I've always been more interested in the more detailed ships I think. Argos have a Star Wars day sale on at the moment so I might order the X-Wing later. 

I have discovered the New Zealand version of Lego Masters is available on 4oD. Again, most entertaining 

Stayed up until midnight then sat in the queue on lego.com for 45 minutes so I could order the new Tie Interceptor 😴

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Stayed up until midnight then sat in the queue on lego.com for 45 minutes so I could order the new Tie Interceptor 😴

Did you end up getting the X-Wing as well?

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Did you end up getting the X-Wing as well?

Yep. I've got 2 shelves that need things going on them that they should both fit perfectly on.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie though, if I had the space I would have absolutely bought one of the massive sets like the Venator. I love the designs.

55bpnmUAuqdDFHVfjNMvwR-1200-80.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Not gonna lie though, if I had the space I would have absolutely bought one of the massive sets like the Venator. I love the designs.

A friend of mine and I were talking about this the other day. We said if we both had the cash and space we would love a room dedicated to Lego builds. :D 

My eldest brother actually has a room in his house that is set up with something similar. Him and his wife started buying toys from their childhood, as well as Lego sets that are part of franchises they love (Star Wars and Harry Potter) and have the room kitted out with all of this stuff. You get smacked in the face with nostalgia was you walk in the room. I love it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

A friend of mine and I were talking about this the other day. We said if we both had the cash and space we would love a room dedicated to Lego builds. :D 

My eldest brother actually has a room in his house that is set up with something similar. Him and his wife started buying toys from their childhood, as well as Lego sets that are part of franchises they love (Star Wars and Harry Potter) and have the room kitted out with all of this stuff. You get smacked in the face with nostalgia was you walk in the room. I love it.

Yeah I do like that idea. For now though I expect this'll be me done for the Lego sets unless I see something I really like (or they finally release proper Star Trek sets 😆). My wallet can't afford two expensive collecting hobbies and omnibus' already taken up too much space on my shelves as it is.

• Haha 1

Anyone bought the rose bow-kwet?

Thinking I may buy for missus' 40th

I've recently had a real inkling for doing some lego. I've done a bunch of papercraft and puzz3D over the years, but nothing really hits like lego.

However, the pricing for lego is, generally, fucking incredibly extortionate. Can anyone recommend a set that is good value for money in terms of build-time? Or is that a stupid question..?

32 minutes ago, jayseven said:

I've recently had a real inkling for doing some lego. I've done a bunch of papercraft and puzz3D over the years, but nothing really hits like lego.

However, the pricing for lego is, generally, fucking incredibly extortionate. Can anyone recommend a set that is good value for money in terms of build-time? Or is that a stupid question..?

I think it would completely depend on what you like in the way of themes. I mean I could say for me that The Mighty Bowser set was totally worth the cost based on the build and how awesome he looks. 
I love the fairground sets but the can be quite expensive too. Build time will vary based on person too. I could probably build any of the sets I built within a day but tend to lengthen it out by just doing a set number of bags per day. It’s going to come down to how much you want to build at once and how much you’re willing to pay. 

I get what you are saying, but my starting point really is build time per quid spent. Most lego sets I've seen are pretty awesome end-point-wise, so I'm just hankering for a long time, not a good time, y'get me?

15 hours ago, jayseven said:

I get what you are saying, but my starting point really is build time per quid spent. Most lego sets I've seen are pretty awesome end-point-wise, so I'm just hankering for a long time, not a good time, y'get me?

If you're looking for builds that will take you more than a few hours then, you're going to be looking at spending a fair amount on a set. I think anything over the £75 price range should be a good start there, you can easily make them last. But if you're looking for a set that will take a day or two (or more) then you're going to be looking at some of the Expert Creator sets. Maybe even venture into the Technic side of Lego as they can be more time consuming with the little details pieces.

I have the roller Coaster set that took me a few days to do. The DeLorean Time Machine set took me a good while to build. If you have the funds and really want to do all in with build time, maybe something like The Eiffel Tower should take a long time to build, or the set with the most pieces (I think it is still it), Titanic. I can see that taking a while to build, but it looks fantastic, (still saving for that one), the Loop Coaster seems like a good fun build that could take a bit of time too. last on my current to get list is the Lord of the Rings set, Rivendell. 

but it's all personal preference really on what you like to build. Hope you can find something. 

Anyone ever used a Light My Bricks light set for their Lego? I'm kind of tempted to pickup the X Wing set while it's on sale.

Posted (edited)

AP1GczOPe8svRdn4nOjSjkrcxICPfHxJM0iAcns6

Despite watching videos on these I don't think I ever fully appreciated how big they are! Thankfully it fits but I can't open the wings.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

J8qy8EQ.jpg

For a £20 set this has so much detail on it. I never thought much of these Spped Champions sets, but I now have this one and the Bond set.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

We’ve had one Barad-Dûr set, but what about second Barad-Dûr set?

I love the original set of this, but it’s one of those half sets, where the front is a full facade but the back is open. This looked like it may be more enclosed and the base certainly looked a lot wider. I still need to buy the Rivendell set, but this is now also on my list. 
Wait scrap all that, the other tower we got was the Tower of Orthanc  

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/the-lord-of-the-rings-barad-dur-10333

found it on Lego, it’s still only half a tower but dang it looks awesome. Then I saw the price, £399.99!!

Edited by BowserBasher