N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

I actually want Chelsea to beat Arsenal and then win the title at Stamford Bridge!

I always feel better if I am actually watching the United game that wins them the title, rather than the chasing team dropping points to give us the title!

Yeah, I know what you mean.

But it ain't happening :P

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the teams all around the bottom who are taking legal action will not be happy one bit!

EDIT:

I'm happy enough if pompey beat everton we will be up to 5th!!!!

Exactly.

1. Go Portsmouth! I love seeing them do well for some reason.

2. I hope the lower clubs get the reward they deserve. West Ham fielding their illegal players and only getting the £5 million fine was pathetic, considering they'd deducted points in the past.

Exactly.

1. Go Portsmouth! I love seeing them do well for some reason.

2. I hope the lower clubs get the reward they deserve. West Ham fielding their illegal players and only getting the £5 million fine was pathetic, considering they'd deducted points in the past.

3-0 now,noble....

1.Thanks!!! Glad to hear someone loving it!

2. I do the financial benefit of staying in Prem is far higher than £5 million, and there is a precendent for points deduction for illegal players, can't remember who it was in lower leagues (either this season or last) but they forgot to get international clearance for a player and had all the points deducted for games he had played in and that was a mistake. whilst West Ham knew what they had done and even pleaded guilty! plus Bury got kicked out of cup for an ineligible player...

I originally wanted the 3 W's to go down (Watford, Wigan, West Ham). But after West Ham beating us and the chat me and my brother had with some rather nice West Ham fans on the way home made me change my mind. Most of their fans are pretty humble, and admit they're not been brilliant, but they graft.

I'd like to see Fulham go down for some chuckles.

Could end up in a big hoo-hah after the season ends. Fingers crossed for a big point deduction to relegate them - after they think they're safe enough to stay up! That'd make my season for sure.

yeah...

Tevez just came close to a hat trick...

I would love it if Bolton missed out on a UEFA cup spot. I would also love it if Wigan where relegated on Goal differance with Tevez scoring the crucial goal. Because Dave Whelan is a **** and while hes up on his high horse spouting all kinds of shit he forgets JJB Sports where fined for price fixing Football shirts a while back.

I think it would be unfair to dock them points to send them down after a performance such as this.

Like you say, West Ham pleaded guilty, and they should have been punished there and then. This is the FA's fault, not West Ham's.

Yeah I do agree with you it is the FA's fault they have been investigating it since January and really should have taken action much sooner, then points deduction wouldn't have been as much of an issue, I think basically they bottled it and chickened out...they didn't want to send West Ham down...

Yeah I do agree with you it is the FA's fault they have been investigating it since January and really should have taken action much sooner, then points deduction wouldn't have been as much of an issue, I think basically they bottled it and chickened out...they didn't want to send West Ham down...

To be honest, in past incidents any points the team earned while fielding inelligable players was removed. However, up until the premier league said that West Ham where free to play Tevez and Masch they had earned a grand total of 0 points with either of them in the team.

I'd love to know where Dave Whelan has got this 10 points bullshit from.

It would be highly hypocritical to deduct points from the Hammers if they managed to stay up.

If they lost today, should they get deducted points anyway? Of course.

West Ham have got lucky, and you need luck in a relegation dogfight. I honestly think they'll stay up now. Their luck has just changed.

Punishments shouldn't be dished out based on performance.

No, they should be dished out after the enquiry.

But, if they were to dock points, it would be a bit like:

"well, we thought they'd be going down anyway!"

The thing is, the FA made their decision, and they have to stick with it. They can't just change their mind because the team have decided to suddenly give an account of themselves.

To be honest, in past incidents any points the team earned while fielding inelligable players was removed. However, up until the premier league said that West Ham where free to play Tevez and Masch they had earned a grand total of 0 points with either of them in the team.

I'd love to know where Dave Whelan has got this 10 points bullshit from.

I can't comment on the 10 points I think it's been worked out at 4 or 5 points, using the premise of taking all of Tevez's goals off games they have played before the hearing...

I wish I could remember which team it was who had points deducted in lower leagues because that did stick and of course Bury got kicked out of cup and lost appeal, as I said before:

1.Thanks!!! Glad to hear someone loving it!

2. I do the financial benefit of staying in Prem is far higher than £5 million, and there is a precendent for points deduction for illegal players, can't remember who it was in lower leagues (either this season or last) but they forgot to get international clearance for a player and had all the points deducted for games he had played in and that was a mistake. whilst West Ham knew what they had done and even pleaded guilty! plus Bury got kicked out of cup for an ineligible player...

There was of course when Middlesborough got points deducted for not fulfilling a fixture, which ok is a different case, but it is still a breach of the rules, which also state that if any team is found in found in serious breach of the rules then it will result in points deduction and fines, so the teams around there do have every right to feel aggrieved...

Having said all this, I like every neutral would much rather the league positions be decided on the match not in the courts...