N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Not bitter at all, I'm glad we've got Roader in charge. All I'm saying is, he's taken safe bets in the past and the Villa job is pretty much a zero pressure position - they're a nothing team going nowhere at the moment, it'll be expected that it'll take some time for him to turn things around anyway and any improvement on mid-table mediocrity after that will be success.

Speaking of which, I've managed to get the bank holiday weekend off so I'll be going to the Newcastle-Villa match in precisely 20 days :D

Had a cracking time down there last season - although I lost my voice for 3 days after, woke up covered in blood because the guy I was staying with sliced his hand open by falling through his coffee table and sprayed crimson all over the room I was sleeping in, and I ended up chasing off some Man U fans through Nottingham after they made a rubbish attempt at bottling my mate. Good times.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Villa fan in the country has high expectations about O'Neill. They know he transformed Leicester City from Division One obscurity to League Cup winners, beating us on the way. Plus we see him stop years of Rangers domination in the SPL by winning the domestic treble with the Hoops in his first season in charge. But I don't expect O'Neill to lead us to a trophy this season. He has under a fortnight now to get used to his new squad, and get them to play the way he wants them to play. Hell, I don't expect us to win our first game, as we're against Arsenal, AT Ashburton Grove!

So long as our players don't get injured all the time, and maybe if our goalscorers become goalscorers, we might still be playing Premier League football next season. If not, we'll be returning to another League that we were a founder member of.

I dunno why Chelsea don't just sell Crespo off, he really really wants to play in Italy. He hates it here.

Ashley Cole is most definately gonna be going to Chelsea this week. I'm hoping we get at least £20 million for him. I won't be sorry to see that bastard leave. Him and Chelsea deserve each other.

So Hernan Crespo moves to Inter Milan on a free transfer. He signs a 2 year deal and Chelsea reserve the option to take him back after the first year.

Good news for us, apparently we're interested in Obafemi Martins and he's now handed in a tranfer request.

Tell him to bring in some sturdier seats for your stadium, they all broke last season when we scored!

He doesn't do that you ninny! :heh:

They only broke because it seems like a fair amount of geordies are all quite fat. Or you deliberately broke them because Villa Park is a nicer stadium than St. James Park.

I just went onto avfc.co.uk and this is what I saw:

neillam7.png

Laugh out loud.

They are who exactly? ;)

Just got back from Watford vs Inter Milan, 1-1 in the end. Very good result, Milan were almost at full strength, with only the likes of Figo, Materazzi, Crespo and Vieira not playing (to my knowledge of their team).

Good result for Arsenal too.

They are who exactly? ;)

How's aboot Gareth Barry? If he isn't so good why did Tottenham want him?

Spanish side Levante wanted Olof Mellberg, he did quite well at the World Cup.

We have good players, but they all keep getting injured. It's like what happened to Birmingham City last season. On paper, their team looked very good, but because of injuries and inconsistency (Pandiani and Heskey) they got relegated.

But, because of all the injuries, youngsters like Ridgewell, Cahill, Whittingham, Moore and Agbonlahor have been given chances and Ridgewell did well last season. Our youngsters are better than they should be.

0,,10265~593784,00.jpg

O LRY?

:blank:

Gareth Barry is a good player to be fair. We were linked with him during the Milner saga as part of some swap deal or something and I would have been very happy with him in our squad. Although we've clearly got far more pressing positions that need filling, such as the one currently occupied by Shola "Fenham Pele" Ameobi.

Gareth Barry is Villa's only good player. Melberg is poor if I'm honest. Agbonlahor, he was poor for Watford during his loan spell last season.

All Villa players are quite good, like I said, if they didn't keep getting injured. We'd be doing well.

We have good midfielders like Gareth Barry and Gavin McCann, who can hold the middle, we have decent defenders like Aaron Hughes, JLloyd Samuel played well in some games, like against Chelsea, and Liam Ridgewell has been getting a lot of starts because of Martin Laursen's injury. Thankfully, Martin's fully fit now, so there's one less thing to worry about. Our strikers are, overall, very good. JPA and Baros have played for their country and have performed well. Luke Moore is a homegrown lad and so the passion dwells in him to perform for his favourite club. And our goalies are very good. But we still need more players. Players like Stiliyan Petrov and Steed Malbranque. Also, somebody should tell Martin O'Neill that we want "Der Hammer" back.