NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Well, we have 9 games left and 2 big away games up next. After winning against Luton we have to show we aren't a one trick pony and follow it up with a win against Leicester and an 6 point win against Southend.

I'm beginning to feel a confidence I haven't felt in a long time.

We're not down just yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf-MYI3wlng

After doing 50 things that make us smile, we needed a good old-fashioned dose of bitterness. Who else is annoyed that Kieran Richardson will get a Premiership winner's medal?

* Anton Ferdinand, Nigel Reo-Coker, Bobby Zamora and the rest of West Ham's Baby Bentley brigade will get bigger contracts at bigger clubs next season.

* Kieran Richardson will collect a Premiership winner's medal.

* Michael Ballack gets paid £140,000 a week for smoking a big, fat cigar.

* Rio Ferdinand probably gets paid three times as much as Nemanja Vidic to be roughly a third as good.

* Liverpool have lost their last two games and yet somehow this has made them the best team in Europe.

* Phil Neville is still more likely to play at left-back for England than Gareth Barry, Matt Taylor, Leighton Baines or Nicky Shorey.

* Frank Lampard will get voted in as World Player, European Player, PFA Player or some other such nonsense of the Year. Michael Essien will get nothing.

* Micah Richards will join Chelsea this summer.

* As one of the best players outside of the top four, Dimitar Berbatov will undoubtedly be linked to all four of the Premiership's elite this summer.

* Kevin Nolan actually gets paid by the BBC to do that 'column'.

* Jamie Redknapp actually gets paid by Sky for his 'expert' view.

* Bolton are probably going to play European football next year. People in Spain will actually think this is how we play football in England.

* Steve Coppell has as much chance of winning Manager of the Year as Alan Curbishley.

* Mark Viduka will get a big, fat contract somewhere, having tried for approximately the last three months of his current deal.

* Harry Redknapp will proclaim avoiding relegation has made Portsmouth's season a success, despite the fact that they self-combusted in January when in fifth.

* We will still have to read 427 more 'Wembley delay' stories before it's actually ready.

* Arsenal have won nothing but their fans still believe they play the best football in the Premiership.

* Michael Owen's return to full training will be watched by 47,000 jobless Geordies. And Jim White.

* Anyone who ever criticises Cristiano Ronaldo is accused of xenophobia born of England's World Cup exit to Portugal. No, sometimes he's just a nasty little diving git.

* We can't win with England - we want them to get to Euro 2008 but we really, really want to see that smug grin wiped off Steve McClaren's face.

http://www.football365.com/

I laughed at some of them.

Best one was;

Jamie Redknapp actually gets paid by Sky for his 'expert' view.

Jamie Redknapp knows sweet f*** all about football. He was a rubbish player, and an even worse pundit.

Best one was;

Jamie Redknapp knows sweet f*** all about football. He was a rubbish player, and an even worse pundit.

he was actualy a pretty decent player when he was at Liverpool before the injurys ruined him. But yeah he's a shit pundit.

Liverpool have lost their last two games and yet somehow this has made them the best team in Europe.

But we are the best team in Europe.

Best one was;

I actually like Jamie Redknapp and some of his views are pretty decent. I would personally say that he is one of the better pundits on TV.

I actually like Jamie Redknapp and some of his views are pretty decent. I would personally say that he is one of the better pundits on TV.

I agree. But then again I don't like any pundits that much (except for Ian Wright, what a legend)

Going to the Norwich v Birmingham game tonight, friend had a spare ticket. Haven't been to carrow road in a while despite living very near.

But we are the best team in Europe.

but you aint even the best team in England so how can you be the best in Europe?

but you aint even the best team in England so how can you be the best in Europe?

Oh...bugger.

*ducks for cover. An angry Liverpool fan is never a pleasent sight*

Barcelona are the European champions, right? And we just beat them over two legs, knocking them out of the Champions League, and hence making Liverpool the best team in Europe :D

Barcelona are the European champions, right? And we just beat them over two legs, knocking them out of the Champions League, and hence making Liverpool the best team in Europe :D

Yeah, well we beat you a few weeks ago. So, in that case:

Man Utd. > Liverpool > Barcelona.

Football doesn't work like that, fool. :D

and come on you haven't even won the domestic league for 18 years now, stop living in the past :)

We beat Barca last time we played them and beat Liverpool the last time we played them, so I guess we're the best team in the world.

Well, we have 9 games left and 2 big away games up next. After winning against Luton we have to show we aren't a one trick pony and follow it up with a win against Leicester and an 6 point win against Southend.

I'm beginning to feel a confidence I haven't felt in a long time.

We're not down just yet!

I'm feeling you on that one! My housemate complained that I woke him up when I was watching the Sky Sports 1 latest scores thing and the scoreline came up as 1-1, I was gutted since we apparently dominated the first half but didn't convert any of the chances!

* Kevin Nolan actually gets paid by the BBC to do that 'column'.

I actually like his column! It's one hell of a lot better than Owen Hargreaves' anyway.

* Anyone who ever criticises Cristiano Ronaldo is accused of xenophobia born of England's World Cup exit to Portugal. No, sometimes he's just a nasty little diving git.

Where is "* Everyone will love Didier Drogba for winning the Golden Boot and forget the fact he is a diving prick" ?

By the by, did anyone see Robben's somewhat shady performances in the FA Cup? He dived twice at least, and the referee played on. Why did he not recieve a card for repeatedly diving? I'm beginning to wonder if he's teaching the entire Chelsea team diving lessons given some of the acting I saw in that game.

streaming Manu vs Europe now.

Gonna be cool watching the best players in europe (basically in the world)

and we're not living in the past, this year, were winning the prem, were still in FA cup, were still in CL

so Liverpool only in CL at the moment? oh ok!

Is Andy Cole playing?!!!

This match is pretty poor. Manu 2-0 up already, competition seem very sleepy. Ok its a celebration match but this isnt great, sloppy football.

yay, europe have got one back

Watching it as well, and I agree that it's pretty boring football. There have been two great goals though, with one of which being a blinding free kick by Ronaldo.

I think the tempo of the game needs to be upped a bit, and made more competitive. Hopefully Gerrard and Carrager coming on will do that.

Losing to Sheffield Wednesday :( 1 point from 5 games providing a miracle doesnt happen (It wont). So glad we have already reached the "Magic" 50 points barrier

Best one was;

He can't be as bad as Alan Hansen though.

Can't believe Leeds let a 1-0 lead slip after only a single bloody minute....

Southend snuck a win in the dying minutes and thank god QPR only drew. It means we're still bottom but picked up a point on Luton who lost 2-1 against Hull.

The Southend game on Saturday is HUGE. We need a win.

The Southend game on Saturday is HUGE. We need a win.

Please win you useless northeners. If you win we'll roll over for you at Layer Road in a few weeks. (we'll probably do that anyway on current form)

He can't be as bad as Alan Hansen though.

Screw you, man. Alan Hansen is a God.

where are/have/had people stream the united vs eruopean VI from? I wanted watch it and was annoyed it wasnt being shown on tv.

where are/have/had people stream the united vs eruopean VI from? I wanted watch it and was annoyed it wasnt being shown on tv.

It was on BBC 3 and could be streamed from the BBC's website.

I thought it was really enjoyable, especially the first half. Ronaldo's free kick was sensational, although I would have preferred that one to have gone wide and his attempt against Borough gone in!