NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Saw the United match yesterday, some great goals and a fair scoreline. Ronaldo was pretty ineffective which surprised me but Newcastle handled him well.

Not really lookin forward to the game with Charlton tonight. We have got so many injuries: RVP, The Beast, Adebayor, Walcott, Ljungberg, Djourou and Gallas. Wenger is considering bringing back Henry for today as well.

SHOULD be 3 points for the gunners today though.

Just bought tickets to the Man City game on the 30th. What a pallava, site said it was down for maintenance as I was paying, then loaded the confirmation screen. I got my confirmation email and they've taken the money, emailed the box office to be safe though.

Now skint until that student loan comes through.

Damn you see Ghalley of tottenham? kicked in the face and lost 4 teeth!! you saw one fly out.. Horrible.

Also Niemi's injury looked pretty bad but I hear he is gonna be ok.

Yeah that looked really nasty. The tooth ripped from the gums, blood all over his face. The player didnt get a red/yellow card either. Was it not considered as 'high foot' ? Maybe the guy who got fouled just had his head too low.

Niemi had a pretty nasty fall but as you pointed out, I think he was released from hospital yesterday.

Argh, we're down to 14th place now because of our recent slump! And we have Chelsea tonight.

But I am calm, all things look bleak, but, fortunately, Ipswich beat Birmingham 1-0. :yay:

Argh, we're down to 14th place now because of our recent slump! And we have Chelsea tonight.

But I am calm, all things look bleak, but, fortunately, Ipswich beat Birmingham 1-0. :yay:

support for villa this week from me, and then hate you again the folowing week for the FA cup. :grin:

support for villa this week from me, and then hate you again the folowing week for the FA cup. :grin:

:blank: Why? We won't beat you.

Overall: As a Man Utd fan, gutted we didn't get 3 points. As a football fan, I think the scoreline was a fair one.

Couldnt have put it better myself. Newcastle played a good game, although the equalizer was a tad on the lucky side, it was a good game.

I kinda lol'd when that guy had 3 teeth knocked out. That one that went flying and 2 ther other two, the commentators said were in the shoe of the player who injured him!

Chelsea play in 5 minutes. Gonna watch it.

Hooray! (I am an Ipswich fan too)

The only good thing I have to comment on about the Villa - Chelsea match is Villa's defending.

That is all.

Chelsea pushed Villa defeded. Everytime Villa got the ball at least into Chelsea's half, it was a wasted opportunity. Villa deserved that draw, however it was just as boring as the Ukraine - Switzerland match.

Yeah that looked really nasty. The tooth ripped from the gums, blood all over his face. The player didnt get a red/yellow card either. Was it not considered as 'high foot' ? Maybe the guy who got fouled just had his head too low.

No it wasnt considered a high foot as ghalley bent down to head the ball and at the same time the portsmouth guy went to kick. Nasty.

20 Minutes into the Villa/Chelsea game, I said to my brother "I think this could end goalless."

Chelsea only had something like 2 shots on target. It just wasn't happening for them today.

YES! I thought we blew it yesterday by not conquering the Castle of New, but today saw that we were let off.

Stupid Villa. Isn't that the second time they've drawn against chelsea this season?

Stupid Villa. Isn't that the second time they've drawn against chelsea this season?

Might be. Hardly stupid of them, considering where they are in the league and where Chelsea is, and also considering their run of form.

It's the opposite, imo. Well done, Villa. Us United fans salute you!

Might be. Hardly stupid of them, considering where they are in the league and where Chelsea is, and also considering their run of form.

Just venting my annoyance...

Well salute them now but got a Villa double coming up....the FA cup then the league, so roll over please villa :)

VAN PERSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry is back everyone.

I almost creamed myself sitting there in my seat then looking at the big screens of a close up of god himself. My inital reaction was "Holy fucking shit thats Thierry!! He's not meant to be back yet!" My second reaction was "Cheers Thierry, just fucked up my bets". Having been informed by Sky Sports News that Arsenal would play 4-5-1 with Aliadiere up front, I put 3 small bets on, Arsenal to win 2-1, Fabregas to score first, Gilberto to score last. Alas I was wrong and six pound went down the piss pan (oh dear?).

As for the match, Arsenal were superb, very little to defend, lots of chances not taken. Scott Carson deserves a fucking medal, he was amazing for them tonight, countless saves, I felt sorry for him. Only quality player on their team. Arsenal do need to stop passing into the box all the time and just bang a shot out of no where, worked for the first penalty.

Was nice to wind old Pardew up, stupid old tart. All in all good game.

Well salute them now but got a Villa double coming up....the FA cup then the league, so roll over please villa :)

i hate back to back matches, especially when united have only one style of play! unless we carry out team changes from one match to the next, it will be a draw and a defeat, or maybe 2 draws. We arnt as diverse as chelsea even though we are more potant, we dont have players that can change games totally, all we do is go from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 so if they keep it narrow and tight, we are screwed, very similar to west ham game.

hehe, my dad was at that west ham game. He's a hammers fan.

hehe, my dad was at that west ham game. He's a hammers fan.

Hehe, my girlfriend's uncle is a hammers fan, too.

Also, one of my friends is a Chelsea fan, and her boyfriend is a hammers fan. Things can get quite nasty, sometimes! Ahhhhh.

I went to the Villa Chelsea game. I couldnt believe the amount of times Villa made a rubbish pass that was intercepted. They kept getting caught on the ball and they werent quick enough on the break. When they were going forward it seemed as though they didnt have a clue about what they were going to do. Nobody made space in the middle so there were no options but to run with the ball and that didnt work.

I have to say though that Villa's defence was brilliant for the most part and held Chelsea back well.

As for Chelsea, it looked as though they weren't putting in enough effort. I may be wrong but they didnt seem to have the desire to win.

Players that stood out:

Milan Baros (which was a shame because he only came on half way through the second half), Essien

Le Guen has left Rangers. If this was any other team it would be a good thing, but the chances are Rangers will get a decent manager now...

Le Guen has left Rangers. If this was any other team it would be a good thing, but the chances are Rangers will get a decent manager now...

not gonna be easy, any names linked for the job?

yeah im a manc fan through and through, had a season ticket last season in the stretford end but cudnt afford it for another year, as my m8 cudnt drive us down there any more

Reminds me of the joke of

"How many Man U fans does it take to change a floodlight bulb at old trafford?

Two. One to change the bulb and one to drive him there from London, or Ireland, or Wales, or Yorkshire, or Scotland, or Essex, or..."

not gonna be easy, any names linked for the job?

I haven't seen any yet... The usual suspects will come up again though.