N-Europe

Ultimate Bad Guy

McMad

I'm bored, tired and sleepy, so i've decided to create a new thred.

I haven't checked to see if there has already been a thread like this but if it takes off please don't lock it. (I'm looking at you Stocka).

Anyway this thread is pretty obvious from its title.

So who is your favourite bad guy in Videogame history?

It could be the original bad guy; your oponent in Pong.

Or even Bowser or King Koopa as i prefer.

Maybe the legendary psychopath Sephiroth.

So say you favourite villain and if you want leave a few sentences why you like him/her(!).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sephiroth, no question. The guy was cool and a complete nut but also multilayered, so he wasn't just some evil guy made up as a plot device. He's one of the one videogame characters you could want to be.

Runners up include: Lavos from Chrono Trigger, although he would have come first if he actually managed to say anything in the entirety of the game.

I'd also have to say the Dahaka from Warrior Within because the chase scenes were absloutely intense.

Last and least would probably be Salazar from Resi 4, that guy was a pain in the ass, until he grows into that beast of a boss...man that was scary...

sephiroth.jpg

How is that not cool?

Sephiroth>ALL!!!! It was just that battle with sephiroth against that dragon in the flashback... I immediately fell in love.

In a similar way, you can also say Seifer from FF8. He was a villain but wasnt really a bad guy with bad intentions. The scene at the end, when you see a happy seifer... it made you feel happy for him, even if he was against you throughout the game.

seifer_kill.jpg

Oh yeah, and he kept calling Zell "chicken wuss."

Guest Stefkov

I thought it was funny in Pokemon bein ale to name your enemy, Bill, anything. so think hes the on in my mind, becuase i havnt played very many (any) old games o know who my favourite bad guy of history is.

Being able to call him penis head, and cock. was the funny thing about him. also the face that he was a bad guy, but he was a little shit, who always lost. always acted hard,then you come out with a level 5 snorlax and **** is lvl 3 squirtle. i made that up.

Guest Jordan

*sigh* at you Sephiroth bumers.

FF7 is so freaking rose tinted, not to mention one of the most boring FF games i've ever played.

Guest Jordan

*Stupid Jordan pressed the back button on his mouse and had to type this again*

I've played and finished the PC version. I have a great love for Squeenix, Kingdom hearts, Dragon Quest and Crystal Chronicles are great games/series.

I really REALLY liked FF9 and yes i know theres alot of problems with the combat system and such. What can I say, i hate the people who ass rape FF7 on the gamefaqs forums... seems this place isn't safe either.

You take it back. This second! Jordan, correct me if im wrong, but I've never actually come across you praising a game, all you seem to do as say "ugh...so and so is laak so fookin shit," FF7 was a beautiful game. The music was beautiful, the locales were beautiful, the characters and the story? Beautiful. It was a perfectly crafted game, and only someone without a heart can have played it all the way through and called it boring. Secondly, If you don't have something to say about the topic at hand, sit down and have yourself a nice cup of shut the fuck up! I think you're mistaking me (and zell) for people who actually give a crap about what you think. If you count the number of people who like, nay, adore FF7 you will infact have an army of people that will testify to the games greatness. It's not hailed as a nigh on perfect RPG for no reason.

Edit: Ok...I need anger management...

Hey im not one of those people who ass-rape ff7.FF7 is a very good game, and people loved it even more because it was the first decent RPG on the PLaystation.

Anyway how could we forget this fellow?

re4monster6.jpg

He was just so cool!

Bloody hell... the conversations between him and Leon were freaky, although the atmosphere kinda died thanks to the terrible script:

"Your just an extra in my script." "I don't remember being part of your crappy script!" *shudder*

But what really freaked me out about Salazar was I never knew actually how old he was. He said he was 20 but he was a cross of an 11 year old and a 70 year old...

And that boss fight... he gobbled me up:(. Bastard.

I have quite a dislike for Majora/The Skull Kid.

Majora's Mask was a lot deeper than it let on.

At the beginning Link was searching for his lost friend Navi. The only being who was there with Link the whole way through Ocarina of Time, Navi knew Link well and they must have had a very close relationship.

Therefore it must have hurt Link a lot to lose his best friend.

Then in the beginning of Majora's mask, Link is with his other close companion Epona. He also has the Ocarina of Time which Princess Zelda entrusted to him, that must mean something then?

So Link is looking for Navi in the lost woods when he is attacked, and mugged.

His horse is taken, the Ocarina of Time is gone and now Link, a small child, must be quite scared being all alone in the Lost Woods.

Link chases his attackers to get back what has been taken from him.

But then he loses something even more important.

His identity.

He is turned into a hideous creature and now had nearly nothing left, just his will power to carry on.

Because of all this I hated Majora very much because Link is the hero of Hyrule that no-one knows about, and now he has had to suffered the worst fate when he deserves the debt of the whole world.

art02.gif

The bastard.

Whats all this talk of Final Fantasies and (Im guessing) Resident Evil?

That was a nice post about Majora's Mask, a great game made all the deeper for reading that take on it.

Anyway, for my contribution its the baddest of all. He's shown up under many different names and guises and we loved beating him to a pulp in each and every one of them... thats right, King K Rool, Kaptain K Rool, Baron K Roolenstein, whatever he called himself in DK 64 when he was a boxing champ needing a boxing lesson from the chimps... take your pick, for each one is as bad as it gets!

I'd have to say Ganondorf or Baby Bowser/Shadow Mario. Ganondorf first because he's just evil, he had a well thought out plan in Ocarina of Time where he swore fealty to the king of Hyrule and then took the Triforce from the Sacred Realm. Baby Bowser because that was quite a good plan in Mario Sunshine. Pretend to be Mario, deface an entire island and have Mario arrested as he arrives for peace and quiet on Delfino Island.

Sigh I was expecting this Sephiroth love. I totally don't understand it. He doesn't have anything special aside from a big sword. He's just the usual lunatic bent on world destruction. Not to mention that his final form is ridiculous. And bard shut the hell up, who do you think you are to come here like you own the place? What do we care if lots of people think FF7 is perfect. Lots of ppl think PS2 is the best console everm I dont have to agree with them. Most ppl love ff7 bcause it was the first in 3D. The story, music and characters were great, but asides from that it's a terribly dull game. The graphics are horrendous, it's actually hard to see where the hell you're supposed to go, so you need to turn on those little arrows indicating exits. That's ridiculous. Not to mention that it has nothing special gameplay wise aside from materia, it's just a simple walk and battle RPG, without any puzzles or anything to think. Now, this is my opinion and I can have it, so can you have yours, but justifying it by saying that a lot of people agree with you is childish at best. I don't care if you need anger management :P

Anyway, it's hard to say who's the ultimate bad guy, I loved ganondorf in WW, because he was badass, but actually quite well characterized. Ramirez from SoA also rocks a lot.

OK, what about Saturday. I like Saturdays.

Hahahaha ha ha... ha.... *tumble weed*

Anyway sorry to be a bit of a final fantasy fanatic, but here' another cool villain.

seymour.jpg

I have no idea how he got his hair that way.

I have no idea how he got his hair that way.

It's called Garnier Fructis Spiking Gel, best.gel.ever.

I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy bad guys, bad seeing thats a tender point I'll move on swiftly.

Wesker from Resident Evil is a bit of bad ass, though I haven't played many Resi games so I don't know too much about him.

The Black Knight in Fire Emblem Path of Radiance was a good bad guy. He was evil as sin, but he was a true fighter. He wasn't going to try and kill you until you up to his level. The fact you couldn't even scratch him without this one weapon scared the crap out of me everytime he turned up.