N-Europe

Programming on a DS

seamus_aran

Some of you are probably aware of the DS Linux so there is a communtiy for it but I was wondering if anyone cared to share their thoughts on an idea of mine...

I have speakers in my room like anyone else. But I hate getting up to change the music... I like to browse and, while a remote is a good way of doing this it doesn't provde me with menu's where I can look at what I'm doing... maybe I'm being finicky but I'd like it.

I'd like something like the remote for the ZonePlayer80. Then it occoured to me... the DS is wireless... would it be possible to create a program for my DS that allows me to browse my iTunes software?

Well. Is it? lol. I haven't given much thought to it but it would make life a lot easier for me and save me money... any thoughts?

is it this thing?

http://nds-homebrew.blogspot.com/

|

|

|

Win2DS a VNC program to DS

This is little old news, but this program is one of the best homebrew program out to the DS now.

It is a VNC program so you can control and see you pc on the DS.

If you want to test it, download it here from: Win2DS 0.5

If you need help, just leave a comment and I will try to help.

"Please click on the ads."

http://win2ds.1emulation.com/Win2DS0.5.zip

I couldn't get it to work, but I know almost NOTHING about running homemade games/apps on the DS.

Seems interesting, and I would try it, but I can't get a GBA flash cart from anywhere here. And the wifime method needs a certain chip + PCI wifi card.

But to do the remote controlling of your media player, you can use a series60 smartphone + bemused. You'll need bluetooth to get it working though. But the downside it only supports winamp and powerpoint.

PointyRemote is a great program for controlling your PC with your DS.. If you search around popular homebrew sites for DS you'll find it ;)

All you have to do is run the .exe on your PC and then start the homebrew application, find your AP, enter computer IP and MAC if needed and click connect. Works like a charm :heh: