NEurope
Stocka

I believe we are still yet to see the final secret

Yes because if you´re expected to sell 20000000 or more units, the price wil go way down! That visor is probably some kind of prototype and is expected to sell ca. 100000 units!

bastards, it looked better before than now. oh well, its not something we'll look at all the time anyway

wiiflap.JPG

OPEN THE FLAP BE IS!

Cant see any thing though, but i think its puts water on the fiery rumour that the secret has something to do with the flap. Because if they are willing to show the inside, there couldnt be something there that they wanted secret.

The light looks better now than it did before - and besides, the comparison is between the black and the white version. Of course the light will appear brighter on the black console.

there is no other secret i refuse to believe i will not hear of such a thing. i will wait for the console to be release then i will see. i built myself up for the third secret at E3 but nothing came. no third secret.

console looks better now than then.

Also both shots are taken at different veiwing angles. Makes a big difference for something that is essencially a ring around the edge. Still can't believe how small the damn thing is. I mean it just looks like a big DS Lite.

The slot & light don't look as cool anymore :(

That's because the 2005 pictures were obviously Photoshopped. There's no way it has such a light by itself.

Good find Demonmike.

From your picture, I measured that the black hole is 40.1 mm wide by 10.7 mm thick. (Considering the whole thing is about the size of three stacked up DVD cases). There seams to be a (eject ?) button or a LED at the left.

A compact flash (type II) is 43 mm wide and 5 mm thick. So the hole is about the size of two compact flash card. (Not two compact flash slots, two compact flash cards).

That doesn't fit the two SD cards storage annouced, but could receive a microdrive (same size as a compact flash).

My bet is it's not final yet, and that this is a version using a compact flash card.

Edit :

Substeinar posted while I was writing. a gba cartridge is 9.5 mm thick (perfect fit) and 60 mm wide (50% more than my evaluation). You can see instantly that the hole is less than half of the slot which is a bit more than 120 mm large. The idea would make sense still.

________

married woman Webcams

Edited by Philoss

A collection of misunderstandings and people who want it too much. Nintendo won't put the SD card slot on the back of the console. An expansion port will not provide enough bandwidth for an expansion, and neither does it agree with Nintendo's philosophy of 'don't care about graphics' and most importantly the philosophy of easy game design.

It's the SD card slot. Note the big fat period.

No i disagree with you all, it is definatly a holographic projection imaging device.

Still, do you think Game boy games could be downloadable on virtual console ?

I never owned a portable console, so there's a lot of game that I would like to play.

________

Zamantha live

Edited by Philoss

i dont think so. not gameboy and such, its a home console, if it can do GB games then i dont see why to hold this info back. surely they would have released this info with saying it can download back console games.its not much of a thing to take everyone by surprise.

it could be all the info on downloading demos and such for oyur ds, or demos for the Wii or something. but i dont know unlikely?

its hard to tell what it is, im trying to think something that we gamers but not all techy might notice. but it could be something internally which most of you techies could think about.

Everyone seems to be assuming that the speaker on the wiimote was the last secret,

.... hmm i obviously dont pay attention any more since im going completely black on this "speaker" lol

.... hmm i obviously dont pay attention any more since im going completely black on this "speaker" lol

May 9, 2006 - Nintendo today unveiled the final piece in the Wii controller puzzle: a built-in speaker placed in the middle of the freehand-style pointer.

The square audio outlet is used to deliver "in-your-hand" aural immersion. Since the right-hand Wii-mote is used for direct interaction with objects in the games, Nintendo included the controller speaker to give players direct audio feedback pertaining to do those objects.

For example, when you are casting your lure while fishing in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, you can hear the whirring of the line as you flick the controller forward. Likewise, when you nock your arrow and pull back the bow string in the game, you can actually hear the creaking and more accurately feel the tension on the string.

The quality of the audio output is expectedly limited -- imagine the sound quality from a Nintendo DS speaker.

http://uk.revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706147p1.html

_41392071_wii203pa.jpg

voila, picture not from ign had to find the bloody pic elsewhere

Gameboy support is unlikly since it would be a potential hit to the DS. After blowing the image up and playing with the brightness/contrast I have seen nothing but a black mark on a white box. Simply put in this image the entire thing is a collection of black pixels. Since we know SD cards will be supported and we have seen EVERY other spot on the box I think it's safe to assume the SD slots will go there. That leaves a fair bit of room left over (even after you give some room for spacing the slots so they look good).

What else goes in there? Good question :)

ooooh thats pretty cool cant believe i had never heard of it before though haha

From your picture, I measured that the black hole is 40.1 mm wide by 10.7 mm thick. (Considering the whole thing is about the size of three stacked up DVD cases). There seams to be a (eject ?) button or a LED at the left.

A compact flash (type II) is 43 mm wide and 5 mm thick. So the hole is about the size of two compact flash card. (Not two compact flash slots, two compact flash cards).

That doesn't fit the two SD cards storage annouced, but could receive a microdrive (same size as a compact flash).

My bet is it's not final yet, and that this is a version using a compact flash card.

Are you serisouly saying that you couldn't fit an SD card slot in that space??? You do know that Compact Flash cards are physically the biggest types of flash memory around, don't you? You could probably fit two SD slots in the space one CF slot takes up. Also, Nintendo have a partnership, of sorts, with Panasonic who created SD cards, so I think it's a safe bet you're not going to suddenly see a shift to another format.

Answer to YenRug :

I could easily fit a unique SD slot in that space, but There shall be two of them, and I assume they would be in the same place. If you place two SD card slot vertically, you need some space between them (for your fingers), and it would be more than a cm high (even though I have small fingers). If you place them horizontally, it would take 2 x 24mm = 48 mm plus a bit of space between them and on both side, which is a bit large, and not thick enough.

I didn't want to say that Nintendo is going to switch to Compact flash, but rather that they were using it to develop the console. Memory cards don't need to be tested, so they could change it at the last second without problem.

________

Medical marijuana

Edited by Philoss

How about this: the slot is there to connect your Wii to your PC to use it as a dev-kit? Nintendo went on about allowing games to be made be lots of people, this could be a feasible place to put a connection I would think. No reason why the slot couldn't take an SD card and a connection like this? Alongside the company (Hudson Soft?) recently announced to be making development software, this would be a very amazing final secret and would explain the comments from the Nintendo people......