Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Veronica Mars

Ashley

Well some people have been wondering what my sigs have been about over the last week, and to answer those questions; they're about Veronica Mars, my newest TV love.

Describing the show is a bit difficult without making it sound lame, but in a nutshell its about a 17-year old girl whose father is a PI. In her time she has picked up a few PI skills herself and helps out classmates (usually for money) but is trying to discover who killed her best friend, played by Amanda Seyfried, of Mean Girls fame. It sounds kinda corny but its actually a brilliant show. Much prefer it to Lost and Desperate Housewives.

Anyway it starts next Monday on Living TV at 6pm, but its been shot in the feet by its timeslot. This show, while giving a fascade of a teenage high-school drama, is a noir at heart with storylines about rape, hegemony, drugs, child abuse and sex scandels so I'd imagine they'd be a fair amount of cuts. Of course the DVD comes out next month so if you feel like it why not.

But still, just wanted to recommend this great show to everyone. The first few episodes don't encapsulate its greatness, its not until the main storyline kicks in that it becomes good. And now for some critics opinions:

DVD Talk

The best new show of the season -- and remember, this is not an opinion, but objective, irrefutable fact! -- is UPN's Veronica Mars. There's a lot to like about Rob Thomas' junior detective drama, from its stellar supporting cast to some of the most clever plot twists on network television. Perhaps the most remarkable aspect of the show is its leading lady, Kristen Bell, who's just a hell of an actress. Bell has the chops to effortlessly juggle a character who's wickedly sarcastic, incredibly bright, and still tender and vulnerable; it's that depth she offers that helps make Veronica Mars -- both the character and the show -- so hopelessly endearing.

TV Guide, March 13-19 edition

Teen detective drama Veronica Mars is the best show you're not watching.

Kristin Veitch from E! Online

Honestly, I'm going to be so heartbroken if this show doesn't survive, so if you, like me, happen to think this show is better than any other show on television right now (I'm not kidding, I do), please vote for it in our S.O.S. campaign in the column!

[update: Veronica Mars won the poll with an astounding 56% of the votes. The second place Arrested Development only received 9% of the votes.]

The Guardian

[The O.C. is] square and sappy next to the year's best teen show, the ever-improving Veronica Mars.

Veronica Mars is a great show, but, as you said, a difficult show to describe and get across how good it is.

It becomes an even more difficult sell when someone watches episode 2 and sees that is has Paris Hilton in it, but she's only in the one, so don't let it put you off.

I really didn't have the foggiest as to whodunnit till the final episode, can't wait till I get the DVD so I can try and spot the clues.

Season 2 starts this week, should be great, and with the added bonus of a bikini-clad Charisma Carpenter!

• 1 year later...
Yeah you're about 3 years too late.

It's good and all, never better than the O.C.

The orange highlighter I have infront of me is better than The O.C.

Anyway due to major bumpage this thread needs locking. But still. Watch the motherf'n show.