N-Europe

Guest Jordan

Dunno if this is the right place to go, but what the heck. I'm looking around a little for an MP3 player, as my current one, while pretty fine, lacks in a number of spots. Naturally, the better the combination of battery life, storage capacity and price, the better, and while I by no means need top quality, I do want decent hardware for a decent price. Other than that, there are a few features that I really want:

• Rechargeability, preferably via USB connection to my computer.
  • Ability to drag and drop. No tie-ins with certain programs, simply being able to drop the files onto the MP3 player and play away.
  • Song sorting (and this is really a must). Being able to organise your songs as you wish, not being bound by title or artist sorting or anything else. Multiple folders/playlists also preferred.

And while not a must, it would still be nice to have:

• A neckstrap, belt click or something like that. It's nice to be able to carry the MP3 player without the fear of dropping it.

Of course there are other factors that mean something like menus being easy to navigate and the ability to plug in my own headphones, but you rarely have to worry about these things.

Anyway, I hope you can help me find something. :)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if this is the right place to go, but what the heck. I'm looking around a little for an MP3 player, as my current one, while pretty fine, lacks in a number of spots. Naturally, the better the combination of battery life, storage capacity and price, the better, and while I by no means need top quality, I do want decent hardware for a decent price. Other than that, there are a few features that I really want:

• Rechargeability, preferably via USB connection to my computer.
  • Ability to drag and drop. No tie-ins with certain programs, simply being able to drop the files onto the MP3 player and play away.
  • Song sorting (and this is really a must). Being able to organise your songs as you wish, not being bound by title or artist sorting or anything else. Multiple folders/playlists also preferred.

And while not a must, it would still be nice to have:

• A neckstrap, belt click or something like that. It's nice to be able to carry the MP3 player without the fear of dropping it.

Of course there are other factors that mean something like menus being easy to navigate and the ability to plug in my own headphones, but you rarely have to worry about these things.

Anyway, I hope you can help me find something. :)

How much do you wanna spend and what how much storage do you need?

By song sorting are you saying you dont want a player that sorts music by ID3 tags? You would rather use the tree folder layout?

Edited by khilafah

How much do you wanna spend and what how much storage do you need?

By song sorting are you saying you dont want a player that sorts music by ID3 tags? You would rather use the tree folder layout?

Well, the price and storage capacity are not too important as I've mentioned, but to set some limits: I will prefer at least 2GB of storage, and I will at max pay £50 - and then it has to be good!

When I say song sorting, I mean that I can decide exactly what order the songs come in. I want to be able to rearrange the order of the songs, and it would also be great to be able to make subfolders for playlists. I don't want the MP3 player to sort the songs automatically, even if it is alphabetically or by artist etc. The MP3 player I have know sorts them randomly, it appears, though I think it is based on when the file was last edited.

Well, the price and storage capacity are not too important as I've mentioned, but to set some limits: I will prefer at least 2GB of storage, and I will at max pay £50 - and then it has to be good!

When I say song sorting, I mean that I can decide exactly what order the songs come in. I want to be able to rearrange the order of the songs, and it would also be great to be able to make subfolders for playlists. I don't want the MP3 player to sort the songs automatically, even if it is alphabetically or by artist etc. The MP3 player I have know sorts them randomly, it appears, though I think it is based on when the file was last edited.

£50 max is pretty difficult dude. Maybe Iriver E100 would be good for you. that Supports both ID3 tag and tree folder music sorting.

I think you can get the 4GB version for under £50 these days.

The E150 would be better if you can find it also try and find the Iriver E50. Just remembered SanDisk Sanza Fuze. You can get 2GB for £30-£40.

Check this review.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2008/03/sandisk-sansa-fuze-review.php

Edited by khilafah

£50 max is pretty difficult dude. Maybe Iriver E100 would be good for you. that Supports both ID3 tag and tree folder music sorting.

I think you can get the 4GB version for under £50 these days.

The E150 would be better if you can find it also try and find the Iriver E50. Just remembered SanDisk Sanza Fuze. You can get 2GB for £30-£40.

Check this review.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2008/03/sandisk-sansa-fuze-review.php

Thanks, dude. I'll look into it. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone..

A few questions. I am highly considering the S545. Does anyone have a quick say about this player? Opinions about it, good, bad, or indifferent.

Would Ebay be the only place I would be able to find an S638 since it has been replaced by the S545?

All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

• 1 year later...