NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Yeah that pisses me off, I don't want to farm either.

Thing is, don't some CDs only appear twice? That would be sad.

I actually get a little excitment from picking up a CD, 'ooh what could it be'.

Joys of Smash.

Yeah, actually getting a CD is one of my favourite parts of the game. I got another of the Mother songs this morning. I hope that's not right about some CDs only appearing twice, although I don't know why it would be - for a start, what's the point of stopping you getting a full music list, and the KK Slider trophy?

I finally got my hands on my brawl, but there's a problem... It's all black & white. :( I have 60hz tv and I've chosen the 60hz option in the screen settings, but still I dont get the colours. I was wondering, that if I'll buy a RGB-cable, would it bring colours for mah brawl?

Though this isn't a major problem, as we have in our household another tv, which is much newer and should run Brawl without any problems.

Yeah, some T.V's can run normal games, like Melee in 60 Hz, but for US Brawl you need a better T.V.

As for the cables, yeah, they should work, I think.

You may have to ask the tech experts.

I finally got my hands on my brawl, but there's a problem... It's all black & white. :( I have 60hz tv and I've chosen the 60hz option in the screen settings, but still I dont get the colours. I was wondering, that if I'll buy a RGB-cable, would it bring colours for mah brawl?

Though this isn't a major problem, as we have in our household another tv, which is much newer and should run Brawl without any problems.

PAL-60 and 60hz NTSC are totally different. Hense the reason for the black and white colours.

Try an RGB scart, it might work... it might not.

I had a really long session of this last night, and the game was running perfectly. Seriously, me and my mtes were on it for three hours without a hitch. So I decide that I will try and get past the same Subspace mission that always fails to read. And guess what! It failed.

It always fails on the same things, it's not random. This is starting to make me believe that there's something up with my disc. I think I need to borrow my mates copy and see what happens.

I got black and white Brawl on the first five TVs I tried it on, and eventually got it to work in colour on my granddad's old TV which he was getting rid of. I don't know if the RGB cable will help, to be honest - when I try to use it in Brawl, everything goes a bright shade of red.

Buy your grandpa's T.V for a tenner as a temporary relief then.

Such a great game.

I got black and white Brawl on the first five TVs I tried it on, and eventually got it to work in colour on my granddad's old TV which he was getting rid of. I don't know if the RGB cable will help, to be honest - when I try to use it in Brawl, everything goes a bright shade of red.

RGB mostly gives a red signal with the US Brawl. But for some reason I get a perfectly fine RGB signal on the tv downstairs. I think it's a rare occurence though, you're better off using component if your tv supports it.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I'll plug my RGB in permanently once I'm not playing Brawl so much.

And dwarf - my granddad was throwing away the TV anyway, so I got it for free! :)

RGB mostly gives a red signal with the US Brawl. But for some reason I get a perfectly fine RGB signal on the tv downstairs. I think it's a rare occurence though, you're better off using component if your tv supports it.

HDTV's aren't like SDTV's.

SDTV's aren't "region specific" so to speak, but some are specifically made for the EU market meaning they leave 60hz out sometimes.

All HDTV's support basically all signals (unless you're talking about different resolutions).

Bottom line, if you're gunna buy a TV right now. Buy HD.

Just why the heck have they changed the Pokémon characters' names on the European version of the Dojo to ALL CAPITALS? It looks astonishingly stupid.

Ever played pokemon? it's how it should be...

No, it's now how it should be. Notice that in the Pokémon games, all characters' names are written completely in capitals, but that doesn't mean that's how you spell their names. It's just the Pokémon games' way of highlighting names in the text. Many games do that in some way.

Besides, the US version of the Dojo only capaitalises the first letter (like it should be), the original Smash game and Melee only capitalised the first letter, so why would they suddenly change it? I swear it didn't change on the European version till Jigglypuff was revealed, but then they changed ALL the Pokémon's names.

Well at least now we know what they're hard at work at.

Sorry if I'm slow ...

What are they hard at work at?

Sorry if I'm slow ...

What are they hard at work at?

For the European release I presume. :p

For the European release I presume. :p

:p No, I mean: What are they hard at work at for the European release?

:p No, I mean: What are they hard at work at for the European release?

Changing all the Pokemon to capitals. :smile: No wonder it's taking so long. ;)

Guilty secret - I played level with only sandbags on high this evening for a couple of matches so that they'd only spawn CDs and stickers (albeit slowly). Got six new CDs in about ten minutes, including 'Mike's Song', which I was pleased about. :D

There's a challenge for unlocking more than 72 songs I found out yesterday. Could of sworn I had more than that. I barely CDs enough as it is, but if there's more it's gonna take me a while to get them all.

How many CD's are there to unlock?

Most recent unlock was Corneria, which was topical to what I've been posting about.

EU release update.

Something I notices on nintendo.co.uk

4 games are listed in upcoming.

1: Wii Fit -25 apr

2: Ace Attourney - a date in may, i forget

3: Smash Bros. Brawl - 2008

4: Ninja Gaiden DS - 12 jun

anyone think its strange of them to put the title between those two dates?