N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

Zell, you reckon you can get a day off work on the 28th? Cos i'm going to be getting a train to birmingham on that day to enter the brawl tourny..you should enter yourself in it :)

And you know, you already have a nice shiny HD set, so if you can enter and win you can send it this way.......:smile:

Well I'm now working Sundays, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if I can be arsed to go all the way to Birmingham for the day to play Brawl though... and I'll only have like a week a go and practice (not to mention that the game reads about 10% of the time). Dunno, could be a lot of fun.

Oh and my "shiny HD set" is really my dad's and the only times we get to use it for games is the late hours of the night... so if I win the new TV will go in the games room :P

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm now working Sundays, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if I can be arsed to go all the way to Birmingham for the day to play Brawl though... and I'll only have like a week a go and practice (not to mention that the game reads about 10% of the time). Dunno, could be a lot of fun.

Oh and my "shiny HD set" is really my dad's and the only times we get to use it for games is the late hours of the night... so if I win the new TV will go in the games room :P

haha. Well i've put down my details, you should enter :D and don't forget once exams are over you can come over and we can play :)

Just had a read through the rules. Round one consists of 4 players in each match and 8 matches in each draw. Winner of each match will advance making 4 matches in that draw with 2 players each. 4 Semi Finalists fight it out in 1 match to make a finalist, then finals is obviously a 2 player match.

Each match lasting 4 minutes.

This is gonna be troublesome to knock people out. When 1 person is at a high %, everyone will go for that one person, and since i'm Link, it'll be a tad hard.

Ah well.

Just had a read through the rules. Round one consists of 4 players in each match and 8 matches in each draw. Winner of each match will advance making 4 matches in that draw with 2 players each. 4 Semi Finalists fight it out in 1 match to make a finalist, then finals is obviously a 2 player match.

Each match lasting 4 minutes.

This is gonna be troublesome to knock people out. When 1 person is at a high %, everyone will go for that one person, and since i'm Link, it'll be a tad hard.

Ah well.

Na you'll do fine with Link, his down air has always been amazing. Spam it like a beast and i dunno, up+B a lot. Most of the people competing will be noobs tbh.

Yea, was thinking most people that play will just spam attacks alot like Pikachus Thunder, Pits constant arrows etc.

Need to get a lot of 4 player matches in before the big day. Just need to make sure I knock out the guy with the % before everyone charges for him/her.

Should be fun anyway.

Free-for-all time matches? *sigh*

I can see characters like Ike doing very well in the opening rounds. I can also see a lucky final smash winning someone the round (someone like Sonic, who has a stupidly overpowered final smash, could very well kill everyone in on swoop).

Good thing Sonic isn't in it, though Final Smashes are gonna be a pain aswell as all the items dropping down. Mario, Pikachu and Samus will just destroy you if they get their hands on a Final Smash. Why couldn't it be 1 vs 1, stock match and itemless :heh:

And you need to suck more. ^^

Lewisham it is. I have confirmed my place ^^...But for honours sake I've gone with Sheik. Deathjam, who will you be using?

Signed up too. Lewisham it is :awesome: Not sure who to pick though. Seeing as I havent played brawl, I need to pick someone whom is similar to their melee incarnation and from what I have seen, Marth seems to fit that bill. But I am best when I play as Ganon or Samus. Bah who would you suggest. :confused:

Zell, you reckon you can get a day off work on the 28th? Cos i'm going to be getting a train to birmingham on that day to enter the brawl tourny..you should enter yourself in it :)

And you know, you already have a nice shiny HD set, so if you can enter and win you can send it this way.......:smile:

HAH tried this with my mate and he said HELL NO

I don't see many of the stores getting 64 players. At least the store i'm going to won't. Not many people round my parts that have heard of smash bros. nevermind importing brawl.

Looks like we all stand a good chance of getting the TVs. I also play as Ike so hopefully i'll get a good couple of kills.

I don't see many of the stores getting 64 players. At least the store i'm going to won't. Not many people round my parts that have heard of smash bros. nevermind importing brawl.

Looks like we all stand a good chance of getting the TVs. I also play as Ike so hopefully i'll get a good couple of kills.

yeah if i'm really honest i'm pretty confident. I mean, most people will be people (kids) who signed up at the last minute tbh. Those that have played Smash before will only have played melee; big advantage from the get go.

yeah if i'm really honest i'm pretty confident. I mean, most people will be people (kids) who signed up at the last minute tbh. Those that have played Smash before will only have played melee; big advantage from the get go.

Ugh. Please say it aint so :( Is there really that big a difference between the two? I never relied on the advanced techs but I could do most, if not all of them.

Item knowledge and exploitation FTW :D

Exactly! *insert predatory fangs smiley*...Those kids XD...I can picture their miserable faces now. But of course other importers from other Nintendo forums will surely be there.

Signed up too. Lewisham it is :awesome: Not sure who to pick though. Seeing as I havent played brawl, I need to pick someone whom is similar to their melee incarnation and from what I have seen, Marth seems to fit that bill. But I am best when I play as Ganon or Samus. Bah who would you suggest. :confused:

Most veteran characters feel the same to me to be honest, I'd just be careful of Mario's FLUDD, Sheik's nerfing and Link; he seems a bit heavier to me. Remember you wouldn't get to choose Ganondorf maybe not even Marth as they are not characters on the starting roster. Samus seems ok, but then I never play as her. I suggest a well rounded character like Link to be on the safe side.

For me its either Sheik (with nerfings et al ^^) or Pokemon Trainer, Ivysaur has powerful smash moves.

Edit: after reading the rules...No way I'll be using Sheik. Pokemon Trainer all the way.

Yea, was thinking most people that play will just spam attacks alot like Pikachus Thunder, Pits constant arrows etc.

Need to get a lot of 4 player matches in before the big day. Just need to make sure I knock out the guy with the % before everyone charges for him/her.

Should be fun anyway.

I believe in you man, in fact i wish every N-Europe forumer the best of luck. Would be great if we all come back with TVs from our respective neck of the woods.