NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I really want Ridley -i'm sure you saw him- and Kraid in it.The Dark Samus fight will be amazing.If Samus losses her abilities I wonder how she'll lose them :hehe:

Bashing Ridley while riding on his back.... awful risky there! Hey I just remembered, didn't they talk about being able to use the ship? Ahhhh mommy...

Just watched the video of the game being played at E3, i wish i was there :(

The video is very grainy but it does look significantly better than MP2. Will have to get this game.

The new Space Pirate design looks a bit weird. Other than that this game looks like sex.

h t t p://rapidshare.de/files/20130886/Metroid_Prime_3_Corruption_1.wmv.html

Looks very cool. I like the use of the grapple beam to grab shields away from the Space Pirates.

I'm a bit worried by that video, if you watch closely you can see that you can aim within the screen when making small movements, and you can only look somewhere else by making drastic movements.

I'm not sure i'm entirely right but i guess it looks as though MP3 won't have the same sensitive aiming style that PC FPSs have.

It seems as though the guy playing was only ever able to kill something whenever he locked on, therefore pointing with the controller proved to be too much of a chore for him.

On the brightside though i don't think i saw any blue doors which means there is less of a need to load a lot of the time on the Wii.

I want a lock screen option on MP3,

when you aim with the Wii-mote the whole body moves (whole screen)

not juste the weapon.

I'm a bit worried by that video, if you watch closely you can see that you can aim within the screen when making small movements, and you can only look somewhere else by making drastic movements.

Pikmin used a similar control system, it worked fine.

Pikmin wasn't a fast paced action game though, was it?

@ Shadow: I'm trying to have faith, i'm totally hyped for Super Mario Galaxy, but after reading Red Steel's bad preview on Joystiq i'm just a bit concerned.

BUt review's aren't you opinion, i always say paly it yourself before you judge it.

"Don't knock it until you've tried it" - Lipton iced Tea

It's the first time people have played the game so you can't expect them to be good at it. It's going to take time to adjust to this new control method. How long did it take to get used to Metroid Prime Hunters touch screen control? And did you instantly have the ability to use the dual analogue control method of FPS games effectively?? And could you use an analogue stick properly the first time you tried? No.

I know that MP3 wont let me down.

But I am still hoping for a 2D metroid game on DS though.

How long did it take to get used to Metroid Prime Hunters touch screen control? And did you instantly have the ability to use the dual analogue control method of FPS games effectively?? And could you use an analogue stick properly the first time you tried? No.

Well actually yea,I got use to them in a matter of seconds.MPH control was easy and wasn't hard to get use to.And for analogue ,yea I could use it properly wasn't that hard...

Well actually yea,I got use to them in a matter of seconds.MPH control was easy and wasn't hard to get use to.And for analogue ,yea I could use it properly wasn't that hard...

Well for me Super Mario 64 took a while to get used and start controlling Mario precisely. I didn't just instantly pick up the controller and play like I was an expert. It took time to get used to the sensitivity of the analogue stick. Hunters has taken me a lot longer to get used to but that's probably because I suck at it.

It's the first time people have played the game so you can't expect them to be good at it. It's going to take time to adjust to this new control method. How long did it take to get used to Metroid Prime Hunters touch screen control? And did you instantly have the ability to use the dual analogue control method of FPS games effectively?? And could you use an analogue stick properly the first time you tried? No.

But i thought the whole point of the Wii was the simple 'pick-up-and-playability'. I'm not saying the game is going to be that way when it's released, but everyone shouldn't be too positive or too negative.

But i thought the whole point of the Wii was the simple 'pick-up-and-playability'. I'm not saying the game is going to be that way when it's released, but everyone shouldn't be too positive or too negative.

I don't think pick-up-and-play applies to games like this. It's more for games like Wii Sports and Wario Ware etc. They look simple and fun whereas Metroid is a more complex action game which obviously uses a more complex control method.