Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only 1 hero of time and its a couple of decades after OOT
And Hero of Time ceased to exist in TP (and WW) reality, he can't make a comeback, at all, as he no longer exists.

CooInTheZoo... Majora Mask never took place in Twilight Princess timeline, only OoT... what you said could happen but not on Twilight Princess... ohhh, the possibilities :wink:

I've been thinking about that quite a lot lately but it could mean a few things.One being the type of controller we use to play previous Zelda's will change for future Zelda games like the Rev control and eventually virtual reality.All in all I think it will be the control pad that will change with TP being the last with the control pad then Zelda moving to more innovative pads like revs

Hm but if what makes future Zelda games different is the way you control, then they wouldn't say Twilgiht Princess is the last as we know it as it features the control scheme when used on Rev. I'm starting to think possbily he means...future Zeldas will be...first person?

Hm but if what makes future Zelda games different is the way you control, then they wouldn't say Twilgiht Princess is the last as we know it as it features the control scheme when used on Rev. I'm starting to think possbily he means...future Zeldas will be...first person?
nah, I don't think so, by diferent I think they were just talking about the control scheme, you always have to see link, it was always third person kind of view, you always saw link...

they changed it all back in OoT and made a control scheme for 3D Zeldas, and stayed with it, even in wind waker... I believe it was supposed to have a diferent scheme, but Nintendo backed down with the good old formula...

Now, another generation with the same scheme? it's simply not going to happen, Zelda TP is the last of it's lineage, but I wouldn't say they'll change more than that...

More fitted for a MMORPG is Fire Emblem for example... It wouldn't make any sense to make a MMORPG from Zelda... it's like... were are the dungeons, and the enemies? everybody will want to play as Link, I don't want to be a Goron or a cannon fodder hylian...

first person Zelda would be like... making a first person Tomb Raider or Super Mario for example... you have to see link and his surroundings from it's back, that's the only option that makes sense, It's not like the FHC won't work as is... Zelda is a leading game in female audiences... no FPS is... also there is this disease called "motion sickness" that keeps some people from being able to play a FPS without getting nauseous, and FPS in japan have no sucess at all... there's already Metroid Prime sacrificing it's sales in Japan to please the rest of the world... they won't do the same for Zelda, they might even create a new franchise for a FPS (or MMORPG for that matter) there's no point in raping Zelda...

Guest Stefkov

i actually thought first person as soon as he said its the last zelda of its kind.

but coming to think of it after that last post, it wouldnt be a full zelda experience if you never saw link. also, pedrocasilva, you right about the motion sickness, thats why they chose only to do the sligshot, box etc in first person mode when your ata stand still its be hard to aim .

however thinking about that. didnt the people who had a go of the revamped metroid with the FHC say it was a lot easier to control, it was more fuid. so maybe its the same s hackinga sword, i mean it maybe has more movement in it than just pressing a button to fire your gun. but maybe it wont be that hard and they could try and keep it as still as possible without making it unrealistic.

i actually thought first person as soon as he said its the last zelda of its kind.

but coming to think of it after that last post, it wouldnt be a full zelda experience if you never saw link. also, pedrocasilva, you right about the motion sickness, thats why they chose only to do the sligshot, box etc in first person mode when your ata stand still its be hard to aim .

however thinking about that. didnt the people who had a go of the revamped metroid with the FHC say it was a lot easier to control, it was more fuid. so maybe its the same s hackinga sword, i mean it maybe has more movement in it than just pressing a button to fire your gun. but maybe it wont be that hard and they could try and keep it as still as possible without making it unrealistic.

yeah, but that's also possible to make in third person... you'll never see from links eyes constantly through a game, I think... but you could make a diferent third person camera pretty close to the character for example.

resident-evil-4-20040729030247452.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Zelda running in that kind of perspective most of the time (only with a sword instead of a rocket launcher), being link on one of the sides but showing more of it's body, till the waist probably and a diferent angle of the surroundings, not from above the head...

But see where i'm getting at? you'd always see Link's head and hat... it would be third person but it would still be pretty close and in a good perspective to use the FHC, that's always more likely than a pure first person perspective...

No-ones said it was the last in 'ancient' hyrule have thay?
of course not... who want's a new hyrule found by link from WW? I for one... don't give a damn... I like good old hyrule, place of the legends, I don't need a new place that isn't hyrule, it would even detract from the magic of the game, as they don't explain that much most of the time, going into detail in that...

but I want TP and WW adventures with hyrule mentioned to end... so sidequest's... whatever... WW is already a pretty far descendant of hyrule, it's like... the last of it... if they want hyrule in that reality... just shift it over a few milenia when the water level is back to normal... that or let TP have multiple endings, one of them leading to WW and the others leading to a alternate storyline without hyrule flooding...

But as you know... they have another reality, with ancient hyrule and ganon sealed, just waiting to be explored already...

Alternate endings would be great in TP makes a whole new timeline :)
I'd like that a lot... I don't want a sequel to WW to be considered mainquest, at all... WW is the end of the line...

Link defeats ganon with the power hero of time had just after he defeated

volvagia/temple of fire...

that being... two temple sages out of 7... he was only able to accomplish it because ganon

lost his triforce aswell... you people saw it... he went after ganon in the final battle and he

couldn't even touch him at first... the master sword was just a normal sword without power.

He wasn't even a chosen one, just a regular kid... he had to look up for the triforce, whereas

Hero of Time gained the Triforce after opening the sacred realm and TP Link starts the game

with it as a birth mark...

Ganon even goes at him with no killing intent, just wanting his land back, after seeing that

dream destroyed he battles Link only with the intent to loose, he's not even like in ooT when

he looses like "I lost to this kid!" but more like, "look the wind is blowing" like who says,

"the life goes on"

That said... it really feels like a proper ending to that part of the main storyline... there's no point at all in making a sequel to WW as a mainquest game.

but one day the master sword comes out of Ganon I believe. he'll never be killed or give up. he's allways gonna be after that damn triforce and taking over Hyrule whether it's new or old he just wants it....and technically " new" hyrule is still old Hyrule cuz it's still in the Hylian world just like in WW they lived on Hyrule's mountain tops so they lived in Hyrule technically.

but one day the master sword comes out of Ganon I believe. he'll never be killed or give up. he's allways gonna be after that damn triforce and taking over Hyrule whether it's new or old he just wants it....and technically " new" hyrule is still old Hyrule cuz it's still in the Hylian world just like in WW they lived on Hyrule's mountain tops so they lived in Hyrule technically.
In TP/WW outcome Ganon changed, became a pittyful man, because his goals were destroyed, he lived hoping for a salvation and that salvation was destroyed, he is more a bitter man than a baddie now... In TP he should be in all his glory like you've never saw it before though...

What WW did was show that Ganon was still a humam-like creature (ok a gerudo, but you get what I mean) like all others and he was living for a dream, a goal... that gives him a diferent perspective and a motive, it's a little of Aonuma's touch, to be honest, just like in MM he gave Link a diferent, more personal touch... WW also features that.

But what about the other reality where he's sealed aswell? or if TP has multiple ends and the flooding doesn't happen... he'll not necessarily change his personality and goals into the WW outcome right? so why resorting to a WW Ganon comeback? no one want's to see that... knowing the other possibilities.

EDIT:and no...

new hyrule should be any other Land, because at the end of the game King of red

lions says something like: "find you own land, but that land... won't be Hyrule"

That's the "new Hyrule"... thus it's not even remotely interesting to the main story.

Ganon didn't want to rule the the ocean and it's isles... he just wanted his land back, that's all...

you guys, this is new to me to be honest...I've never really thought about " alternate timelines" can someone explain? could nintendo really make Zelda games in which the flood never happened just to make it more like a legend where some didn't happen, they were just legend and it's up to us to guess at which ones really happened? for example we can say WW didn't happen just like LA ...it was just a dream or merely a legend... it is very interesting to think of the possibilities that nintendo could come up with with these alternate timelines... so technically theyre all legends...think of it like Hyrule really does exist literally and we all live in it instead of our world, Earth...ok? and think of the legends from as far as millions of years ago and all the tales of how we were created by the three golden goddesses or we have the theory of evolution...the ones of us that believe our " Hylian bibles"choose to believe in creation and to believe in the chosen, Link and read about the legends in our " Hylian bible" and try to figure out what happened when and what didn't happen and about " the end of the world" that this ancient Hylian text speaks of that Ganon could threaten our modern world and return in our lifetime " like the return of Jesus" and destroy us ...but the legends speak of a saviour, " the modern Link" who will save us and it's up to us to believe the legends and that a saviour will save us and there is a Ganon thatwill threatenour world and that this ancient triforce he's after does exist in our modern world in some " heaven" or " other deminsion or realm " or we could choose to believe " ah all of it's BS,we evolved, Queen Zelda's generation doesn't go back millions of years! it only started a few hundred years ago, there is no saviour known as Link, there is no triforce shit and there's no ******* Ganon!" and people that claim Queen Zelda is married tothe modern " Link " are ****** up! Hyrule evolved and all the legends are crap! made up by ancient Hylians which probably had the brains of cave men who didn't have anything better to do but make up dumb ass stories!

you guys, this is new to me to be honest...I've never really thought about " alternate timelines" can someone explain? could nintendo really make Zelda games in which the flood never happened just to make it more like a legend where some didn't happen, they were just legend and it's up to us to guess at which ones really happened? for example we can say WW didn't happen just like LA ...it was just a dream or merely a legend... it is very interesting to think of the possibilities that nintendo could come up with with these alternate timelines... so technically theyre all legends...think of it like Hyrule really does exist literally and we all live in it instead of our world, Earth...ok? and think of the legends from as far as millions of years ago and all the tales of how we were created by the three golden goddesses or we have the theory of evolution...the ones of us that believe our " Hylian bibles"choose to believe in creation and to believe in the chosen, Link and read about the legends in our " Hylian bible" and try to figure out what happened when and what didn't happen and about " the end of the world" that this ancient Hylian text speaks of that Ganon could threaten our modern world and return in our lifetime " like the return of Jesus" and destroy us ...but the legends speak of a saviour, " the modern Link" who will save us and it's up to us to believe the legends and that a saviour will save us and there is a Ganon thatwill threatenour world and that this ancient triforce he's after does exist in our modern world in some " heaven" or " other deminsion or realm " or we could choose to believe " ah all of it's BS,we evolved, Queen Zelda's generation doesn't go back millions of years! it only started a few hundred years ago, there is no saviour known as Link, there is no triforce shit and there's no ******* Ganon!" and people that claim Queen Zelda is married tothe modern " Link " are ****** up! Hyrule evolved and all the legends are crap! made up by ancient Hylians which probably had the brains of cave men who didn't have anything better to do but make up dumb ass stories!
my gosh... that's a really dificult post to read, and you're making quite a lot of spoilers over there... but to summarize... we already talked about that possibility here (of WW alternatively never happening)

It's just a matter of TP having multiple endings and one of them where hyrule doesn't flood,

thus... WW would never happen in that outcome, but other story could...

or... if they were to make a Game in Majora Mask reality where infact... WW never happened

and never will... they would be picking up where they left of... Wind Waker was the first

game in the other reality, at that time it would be only natural to make a game

chronologically passed after MM, right? :)

EDIT:

Errrrr. well certainly it's not TP but there is already a sequel to WW, or are forgeting Phantom Hourglass?

But I believe TP will not be the begining of a new timeline, but the new zelda for REV will be.

yeah but that's not a mainquest game, it's just a game like Oracle series and minish cap... If I were nintendo i'd use WW reality to fit all the newer handheld Zeldas and spinoffs on the series (not the mainquest ones).

I don't know for Zelda Revolution... But I'd love to see a triology for Hero of Time...

Ocarina of Time -> Majora Mask -> Zelda Revo

as in:

Beggining/Birth(OoT)->Development/Life(MM)->End/Death(LoZRevo)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!