NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

I think Nintendo should do what konami did with castlevania

Say what games are redundant to the storyline or say its in a different timeline so to speak, and give the Zelda series an official timeline.

Yeah, there should be a unified theory for Zelda by Nintendo. Or just release bit by bit in each game like they're doing. :P It will take some time.

Does anyone else think you're reading into the story too much? I don't think they're linked up at all and Nintendo are just trying to very loosly link them now...

Oh yeah that's exactly it.

I bet the one after Twilight Princess is gonna come along and then mess up the timeline and fans will be going crazy once again.

I think the timeline thing is good as is, the only thing I would confirm officially is where does AlttP take place, in which reality.

For me, main-quest games since OoT have a really tight storyline when it comes to storytelling and relations between themselfes, I won't ask more than that.

^-- Finally a significant preview of the game is coming up [referring to the post above]. Everyone have your fingers crossed that this game will deliver. It mustn't be anything less than perfect, otherwise Nintendo will die [in the console market that is] due to retaliation of ANGRY gamers being betrayed and let down by Nintendo.

retaliation of ANGRY retards being betrayed and let down by Nintendo.

Fixed for clarity. Only true idiot gets melodramatic over game and starts to scream how company x has "betrayed" him. BTW, I give 2.8 out 10 for your pretentious and stupid post.

^-- Finally a significant preview of the game is coming up [referring to the post above]. Everyone have your fingers crossed that this game will deliver. It mustn't be anything less than perfect, otherwise Nintendo will die [in the console market that is] due to retaliation of ANGRY gamers being betrayed and let down by Nintendo.

Won't happen. In the worse case scenario, you'll have a minority bitching about how the game is a disappointment and a few less copes of the game will sell thats it.

10 million plus gamers are anticipating and expecting this game to be an all time classic. Failure to live up to expectations will result in retaliation from a minority but will disappoint a lot of those 10 million plus people that could possibly buy the game. Negative grapevine [unofficial word of mouth] will multiply to the extreme courtesy of the bitching minority and the disappointment of so many gamers that just wanted Nintendo to fulfill their promise and the result, a fatal blow to Nintendos already severly tarnished reputation will follow which will be beyond repair and could ultimately spell failure for Wii. Nintendos future rests on this very game.

A rule shall be enforced for this particular topic. A record number of 5 star ratings has been given for this thread. Whoever gives this thread anything other than a 5 star rating shall receive an AUTOMATIC lifetime ban from N-Europe forums FOREVER. No exceptions.

10 million plus gamers are anticipating and expecting this game to be an all time classic.

That's such bullshit, if the Legend of Zelda had that big-a fanbase then it would be the highest selling game on the planet.

Wind Waker only sold just under 4 million so I'm going to say that only a million (maybe) are anticipating this game.

WHO THE HELL GAVE THIS THREAD LESS THAN 5 STARS TO DROP IT TO A 4.9 RATING?!!! :mad:

Mods, track their IP addresses, take the appropriate measures to ban the JERK(S) that perpotrated this inexcusable act.

WHO THE HELL GAVE THIS THREAD LESS THAN 5 STARS TO DROP IT TO A 4.9 RATING?!!! :mad:

Mods, track their IP addresses, take the appropriate measures to ban the JERK(S) that perpotrated this inexcusable act.

You and only you are accountable for the drop in perfect user ratings for this thread. You fuelled their actions by giving them the very idea to do so.

EVIDENCE:

A rule shall be enforced for this particular topic. A record number of 5 star ratings has been given for this thread. Whoever gives this thread anything other than a 5 star rating shall receive an AUTOMATIC lifetime ban from N-Europe forums FOREVER. No exceptions.

Enough said. Now quit crying and find something better to do with your time than contradict yourself.

----------------

That's such bullshit, if the Legend of Zelda had that big-a fanbase then it would be the highest selling game on the planet.

Wind Waker only sold just under 4 million so I'm going to say that only a million (maybe) are anticipating this game.

How is it bullshit, it could be not that far from the truth actually, the most realistic Zelda we've ever seen for launch with a brand new console for the 1st time ever is bound to have a higher amount of anticipation than with any previous installments of Zelda. Wind Waker only sold in minimal quantities because it was a less than spectacular game that didn't have the sort of appeal this game has, cel shaded graphics just didn't appeal to long time fans of the series and gamers in general. Ocarina of Time for N64 sold approximately 8 million units worldwide and it was released in the second half of the consoles life. This games got the potential to be the highest selling Zelda game ever. Those numbers with 10 million plus even if they became a reality wouldn't become the highest selling game on the planet, they'd still wouldn't surpass numbers of games such as Grand Theft Auto Vice City & San Andreas that sold 13 million copies each.

10 million plus gamers are anticipating and expecting this game to be an all time classic. Failure to live up to expectations will result in retaliation from a minority but will disappoint a lot of those 10 million plus people that could possibly buy the game. Negative grapevine [unofficial word of mouth] will multiply to the extreme courtesy of the bitching minority and the disappointment of so many gamers that just wanted Nintendo to fulfill their promise and the result, a fatal blow to Nintendos already severly tarnished reputation will follow which will be beyond repair and could ultimately spell failure for Wii. Nintendos future rests on this very game.

Welcome to Exaggerationville. Population: You. :D

so is anyone else hoping that this game dosent have much stealth in it

I liked the stealth element in the Forsaken Fortress, it was a nice breath of fresh air.

And Solitanze even though this game is getting a lot of good publicity it is not going to sell that well because it is not going to be that accessable to buy.

Sure it's going to be on two consoles, but the Gamecube is dead now, I'd expect the GC version of TP isnt even going to get close to a million.

And then it's on the Wii aswell, that's where the main sales will come from, and like Smash Bros it will probably sell well over the years but I do think that games like Super Mario and Smash Bros will come along and they'll appeal more to your averge Joe gamer who is actually interested in the Wii.

so is anyone else hoping that this game dosent have much stealth in it

The stealth at the fortress was nice in TWW. Would like more of that...

I didn't enjoy the stealth parts in The Wind Waker - they just seemed to drag on a bit. I much preferred them in the N64 Zeldas.

I'd rather do away with them altogether for TP, though, to be honest.

http://blogs.ign.com/matt-ign

Quote: By this time next week, I will be preparing to spend 48 hours with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii. . .I bet I'll be able to give you our full impressions before the end of the week.

Who is to blame:

a) Nintendo?

b) 10 million gamers who have hyped up this game even worse than MGS2?

Really, you're only screwing it up for yourself.

By the way, it sounds to me Matt could actually get a review of the game now. It should be beatable in 48 hours...

http://blogs.ign.com/matt-ign

Quote: By this time next week, I will be preparing to spend 48 hours with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii. . .I bet I'll be able to give you our full impressions before the end of the week.

read that earlier, lucky sod.

I want zelda, now.

Who is to blame:

a) Nintendo?

b) 10 million gamers who have hyped up this game even worse than MGS2?

Really, you're only screwing it up for yourself.

By the way, it sounds to me Matt could actually get a review of the game now. It should be beatable in 48 hours...

With many more things still to do :heh: