NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

http://zhq2.com/exclusive_interview.shtml it's official! Zelda's dead after TP. cuz the next Zelda games WONT HAVE GANON VS LINK OR THE TRIFORCE!!!!!! now Zelda will only be a great memory...it's over. I'm going to be balling after I beat TP. good bye Zelda. I guess TP and PH will be the last real Zelda games made.

THe interview got taken down because NoE were uncomfortable with the content of the 2nd and 3rd parts...

Yeah and CubeChris has some crazy "Shut the hell up" warning so he can't even send it to me either!

Do i get the feeling that Nintendo of Europe hate us?

I mean we are the ones that keep there jobs safe!

hell even i cant say anything, cubechris is just like dr kauffman. he can shoot me from shtootgart and shtill cozh ze dezired effect

Apolagies for any inconvienience caused.

So.... how much would you be wanting? :wink:

http://zhq2.com/exclusive_interview.shtml it's official! Zelda's dead after TP. cuz the next Zelda games WONT HAVE GANON VS LINK OR THE TRIFORCE!!!!!! now Zelda will only be a great memory...it's over. I'm going to be balling after I beat TP. good bye Zelda. I guess TP and PH will be the last real Zelda games made.

Is this some kind of early april joke, are this news real and did Nintendo take the site down?

If so, it's cool news. It would be totally exciting if Zelda got a fresh start again. Over the last year I played quite a lot of Zelda games but despite being very good and epic, they also have a lot in common. I played ALTTP after OoT and somehow got the feeling OoT "stole" quite a lot from ALTTP.

I don't want to say they aren't original and I'm sure the formula would work for many years to come but making something new could make it "more awesome" and over the last month I developed and idea of a Zelda game set in the future rather than in the past - a bit like FF6 --> FF7

It could also offer them a lot of new opportunities like better connected storylines (I think Aonuma said that he wants to connect the Zelda storylines) and maybe talking characters.

I'm pretty sure it was Nintendo of America that wanted the Zelda games to flow chronologically, but I think Miyamoto was opposed. Though it seems to have changed now, for the better I might add.

I'm not sure whether I want a clean start on it, Nintendo often seems a bit hit and miss. Besides you'd be effectively killing off every plot feature. Aside from Ganon, Zelda and the Triforce what else is there?

Rest assured though, whatever they end up choosing, you'll still end up with a couple of million fanboys taking up pitchforks in rage. (Don't forget the WW debacle)

Seriously, why release all this info on a game that has been in development for three years two months before E3. I think it's too early to throw the possibility of a cruel April Fools joke out the window just yet.

I don't believe in a clean start, it's like making a Super Mario 128 without Bowser for god's sake!

And if that's true why making PH who looks like a sequel to WW? sure it won't have ganon, nor zelda... but it's after WW who pretty much finishes it... anyway this is what I call a sidequest not from the main story, as happened with all the games without ganon... LA, OA, OS, MC and even MM... They have to continue the storyline in the home consoles, what they can do now is like create another alternative setting, but ganon, Link and Zelda have to exist in it... I for one just want them to pick up right after Majora Mask.

Oh and the triforce... why getting rid of it? it's just so epic... In OoT you never get the triforce, just a shard of it... in WW you're not even the chosen and you have to look up for it, and in TP he is a chosen from the beggining (he has the triforce)

nintendo even had hardware with triforce naming, a arcade gamecube, why let the triforce idea go through the window? it's dumb...

Anyway I'll wait to have it explained and if it's really true, nintendo knows what they do, and I don't believe they'll be doing this without a masterplan behind it.

I won't believe this for the obvious reasons :/ Anyway, about the movie, I'll see what I can do. But it is pretty embarassing lol

After reading it more carefully, I'm pretty sure it's BS. "You may have read in the official Nintendo publication of the US this month how my assistant director, Makoto Miyanaga, was concerned initially with the wolf gameplay segments." I doubt they are aware of interviews other members give to mags. Besides yesterday the guy went posting around IGN and other sites that Nintendo and Reggie himslef have been calling him and sending him instant messages, because they didn't want him to reveal stuff. C'mon if it was that big of a secret, they wouldn't tell him. Besides Zelda in first person? Yeah right.

Its real apparently guys... news on the front page ;)

The key word there is "Apparently"

I wont be listening to any news today... well i might read it but i wont be taking it seriously:heh:

I won't believe this for the obvious reasons :/ Anyway, about the movie, I'll see what I can do. But it is pretty embarassing lol

After reading it more carefully, I'm pretty sure it's BS. "You may have read in the official Nintendo publication of the US this month how my assistant director, Makoto Miyanaga, was concerned initially with the wolf gameplay segments." I doubt they are aware of interviews other members give to mags. Besides yesterday the guy went posting around IGN and other sites that Nintendo and Reggie himslef have been calling him and sending him instant messages, because they didn't want him to reveal stuff. C'mon if it was that big of a secret, they wouldn't tell him. Besides Zelda in first person? Yeah right.

agreed, hellfire... you just saved my day.

the guy probably just want's attention to his site... why give him all the info they could be giving someone else? it's not even leaked information but a full interview... to a fan site who claims to know "all the truth" when april fools is tomorow...

And Zelda in first person? why couldn't it work in third person even with the new controller? it's like... this is surely bullshit... miyamoto always said he wanted you to see link and interact with him, why make a first person zelda? it's called link because he is the "link" between the player and the game... if he is nowhere to be seen why call him link? besides it would go in the Metroid prime way, like a First person adventure, a little silly dont you guys think? Zelda is third person, there will be no "in you face" action, the best chance is a first person mode like in Zelda when you throw a arrow and it changes the camera, or in RE4 when you use the knife, that way you'll still see link...

Now, excuse me, I'm going to write a interview with myiamoto where he clearly states that Mario 128 won't have Bowser in it... and hope somewhat people will believe me, as the interview will be released in April 1st and all..

you guys, the reason btw that I was saying I wouldn't play any more Zelda games after TP and PHis cuz of what was said about how Mr Aunoma would like to take away the Ganon and/or the whole triforce concept. and I mean, that's what makes the Zelda games legendary. it's seeing how Ganon's made another come back and what the triforce's role plays inthe game. that is so exciting! if that's gone, there's nothing! I don't know about you guys, but I don't want the future of Zelda games to be all about fighting some stupid ass Vatti or something! I hope to god this is a cruel April fools joke, but honestlly why would Mr Aunoma be so cruel and worry his fans about this? but it has to be a joke. I mean, he should know he'll be causing a HUGE loss of the Zelda fans if he goes through with this plan to make triforceless and Ganonless Zelda games! I didn't agree with voice acting in Zelda games, but whatever, go ahead do it!! i don't care! just PLEEZ DONNNNNT take ganon OR the sacred triforce! the whole " what makes Zelda games so magical!" away! I mean you see the triforce symbol everywhere in Zelda games for a reason! it belongs with the series in at least some way in all Zelda games! pleeeeeeeez tell me this is all a nightmare or a cruuuuuuuel cruuuuuuuuel joke! :(

Oh cmon stop being a pussy, MM, LA and the Oracles don't have Ganon or Zelda and they all rock. I don't doubt they'll change some aspects for some games, I mean think about it: it's been 20 years with Ganon and, if Zelda is to live another 20 they must have vartiety. I'm not saying to eliminate them, but I want them to stir things up a little.

Sooo... the next "zelda" game wil just be called:

Link the Sword of might

and not Zelda the Sword of might

Oh cmon stop being a pussy, MM, LA and the Oracles don't have Ganon or Zelda and they all rock. I don't doubt they'll change some aspects for some games, I mean think about it: it's been 20 years with Ganon and, if Zelda is to live another 20 they must have vartiety. I'm not saying to eliminate them, but I want them to stir things up a little.
they all rock, but they are sidequests, as much as Majora Mask is my favorite Zelda and favorite game ever... it doesn't have that feel of seeing ganon in the game for the first time, he simply doesn't appear...

know what I mean? OoT is much more epic, games with ganon are epic...

There's no bigger villain, I enjoy those sidequests a lot, but I don't want Zelda games to turn in the way of every game boing a sidestory...

Anyway I'll still buy them and if I was the creator/guy who makes the games I might have wanted to do this aswell, but as a customer I don't want that at all... Zelda is starting to have a good story linking all of the games, why throw it all away for the sidequests?

Majoras Mask is amazing and no Ganon.Shame is we know how it will end.Like TP is Episode 3 of Star Wars and WW is Episode 6.We know what happens its just gonna be darker.For Ganon leaving the series it's shame we know what happens to him.

I enjoy the Zelda games that don't feature Ganon but I don't want them to get rid of him altogether. I'd prefer if the games keep going the way they are, some with Ganon, some without. But not all without!

I totally agree with all you guys about I enjoy the side quests too, but I don't want them to make all side quests...we need that " epic" part of the Zelda series to remain like we can hope that one day they'll make another epic game where Ganon makes a come back. and you know what? imnot worried about this at all cuz if they do this, nintendo will start going down hill fast. zelda will start falling rapidly and so will nintendo and hell yes theyll go bankrupt and in a very short amount of time. SOOO whyam I not worried? well duh! cuz they'll realize the way to fix the prob. BRING BACK GANON AND THE DAMN TRIFORCE and then we'll go back off strike. but if theytry to take these two things out of zelda, I say we all go on strike to set them back on track. I think theyve lost their damn minds!!

Zelda doesn't have to be in every Zelda, but the can't get rid of her all togher, it called Zelda, it wouldn't sell so well if they changed the name, and it would be stupid to change it so much, "if it aint broke don't fix it". Saying that change can be good, but you only have to look at some of the handheld titles, to see that they don't all have to be a standard link-zelda-Ganon story.

but they can't get rid of Ganon! or the triforce! that would kill the Zelda series! come on! don't you people care?! what's the point in EVER playing another Zelda game again after TP if they're going to kill it after this cuz this is the " last normal zelda title." they must think fans want change after 20 years, but damn, maybe a little, BUT NOT THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!! NOT TAKING AWAY WHAT MAKES THE ZELDA GAMES!!!! the very essence of Zelda games is the triforce, if they take that away. THEYRE DOOMED ALREADY then there's Ganon, if they take away Link's arch enemy WHICH DOESNT NEED CHANGING! IT NEVER GETS OLD TO DUEL GANON! then theyre FUCKED! im sorry u guys but this makes me fucking mad as helllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!