NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

I was going to say something about TP but after watching those videos of the cd-i zeldas then I think I'll kill myself instead.

lol omg did i say zelda? I ment link! Sorry, guess I was in too much shock from seeing the horrible actor

Honestly it could've been Zelda or Link :wink:

About the CD-i games - all Dutch sentiment for Philips has changed into hate. I had to stop myself from punching my Philips monitor - terrible.

so did anyone see what I was talking about with that ancient ruin looking bridge in the background of the walk way to Ganon's tower in WW? you can see it good if you look up to the left once you walk out of the castle or at the first tree you see on the walk-way once you go out of the castle.

so did anyone see what I was talking about with that ancient ruin looking bridge in the background of the walk way to Ganon's tower in WW? you can see it good if you look up to the left once you walk out of the castle or at the first tree you see on the walk-way once you go out of the castle.
saw that a long, long time ago mate... don't burn ya brain cells with that, just wait for the prequel and see if it has a relation with it.

saw that a long, long time ago mate... don't burn ya brain cells with that, just wait for the prequel and see if it has a relation with it.

I'm not burning my brain cells over it. lol. I was just sayin I thought it was interesting , that's all.

I'm not burning my brain cells over it. lol. I was just sayin I thought it was interesting , that's all.
I can agree on that, but I won't be jumping the gun for it :wink:

Yeah the stuff behind the hills (I've checked it out) is pretty standard Hyrule stuff. I don't think they put it there with Twilight Princess in mind.

Yeah the stuff behind the hills (I've checked it out) is pretty standard Hyrule stuff. I don't think they put it there with Twilight Princess in mind.

Well I wouldn't be so sure.

Well I wouldn't be so sure.
well... I know one thing for sure... Twilight princess wasn't even planned when they did Wind Waker, it's not like the story was written or even the details... thus if they make it like that it's just a matter of hegemony between games and paying a homage to it like giving it a real meaning, but I'm 95% sure it doesn't have any particular meaning in WW.

now that's going to happen with a lot of stuff... look at the bridge it looks like a bridge outside temple of time... looks a lot like the ones in TP... and Ganons Tower? I bet it'll be very, very similar and remiscent in TP... but... it doesn't mean they were done that way in WW with a meaning...

well... I know one thing for sure... Twilight princess wasn't even planned when they did Wind Waker, it's not like the story was written or even the details...

Actually at E3 2004 miamoto stated that the project was started even before they had finnished wind waker. This early stage of game development is ussually used to form the main storyline and graphix engine for a game.

Mr Miyamoto himself said this game was in development around the time of WW. They had allways planned to make another GCN Zelda with Link as an adult. They weren't about to leave us with just the " kiddy WW" game. Even though that would have been enough cuz that was such a great game. They could have just pushed this one to be a Revolution title but they didn't. They're making an all new Zelda for the Revolution and that is excellent news IMO.

Mr Miyamoto himself said this game was in development around the time of WW. They had allways planned to make another GCN Zelda with Link as an adult. They weren't about to leave us with just the " kiddy WW" game. Even though that would have been enough cuz that was such a great game. They could have just pushed this one to be a Revolution title but they didn't. They're making an all new Zelda for the Revolution and that is excellent news IMO.
give me the source then, because that never happened to my knowledge... also even if they always did have the intention they didn't have a written argument for it... and development didn't start before WW was over, let alove putting things on WW because of TP...

Also of course they always planned another Zelda game for GC... all nintendo consoles recieve 2 exclusive zelda games (apart from SNES) anyway... NES=Zelda+Z:AOL, N64=OoT+MM, GC= WW+TP... it's only natural...

As for a new zelda for revolution being in development, are you sure? the fact they are playing around with it doesn't mean it's in development, the control scheme you are seeing for TP... enhanced for revolution was probably meant to test how a Zelda could be done on revo... And even if the game is in development it's in a very early stage not the focus (obviously) of the team, they already have Zelda PH dor DS in development, just think which titles have priority...

Say it was released around the Revo launch, and people bought a Revo just to play the game, can they save the game data on the Revo mem cards? Or do they have to go out and buy a GCN card? Or will Nintendo include a mem card with the game?

Miyamoto said after WW that the next Zelda GC would be cel shaded.

Miyamoto said after WW that the next Zelda GC would be cel shaded.

No he didn't!

He said that they're using the same 'game engine' as WW. Which led to the impression that the game will indeed be cel-shaded.

Obviously the game engine you see for Twilight Princess is vastly different to the one used in the WW. But essentially it is the same game engine.

A bit like how OOT is a modified Super Mario 64 game engine.

I think in terms of movement, controls, physics, etc... TP will be pretty much the same as WW.

Even if Twilight Princess's story was made before the maps of the Underwater Hyrule were made, why would Nintendo make the buildings similar so fans could say 'oh wow it's liek teh same' while it conflicts with general design, level design and the knowledge that their Twilight Princess plans are going to change anyway during development?

I remember clearly that he said the game would be cel shaded besides saying it would use the same engine.

I remember clearly that he said the game would be cel shaded besides saying it would use the same engine.

Ok, I believe you.

But it isn't cel-shaded now, is it!

But it isn't cel-shaded now, is it!

Really? Damm I thought it was

HM Fusion have an Exclusive Interview with Eiji Anouma! Good [and interesting] read

http://www.hayesmates.co.uk/fullfeature.php?subaction=showfull&id=1143656530&archive=&start_from=&ucat=20&

I recommend you read it all(and part two is coming tommorow).

More dungeons than any other Zelda!

Possible bonus disc!

and:

HM - Like Revolution controller support?

EA - We will be utilising the Revolution hardware although not in a way many will expect.

Does anyone needs more confirmation than this? It's going to be a revo title.