Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed.

There will be no PAL GC version of Zelda.

Suck on this rumour mongering, non-truth tellers

http://gonintendo.com/?p=5779

Cube Zelda confirmed mid December for EUROPE by Nintendo UK PR agency and Dave Yarton.

I have been sickend by the crapness of this rumour ever since e3 and by the smugness of mainly americans who try to perpetuate it.

Suck on this rumour mongering, non-truth tellers

http://gonintendo.com/?p=5779

Cube Zelda confirmed mid December for EUROPE by Nintendo UK PR agency.

I have been sickend by the crapness of this rumour ever since e3

I love it. "No specific date given". And on gonintendo too. Not IGN, not Eurogamer or 1up.

We have a US date. Where's the Japanese date? Where's the PAL date? There isn't one.

I wish it weren't so but sadly until I see a date on the NOE site I remain unconvinced. I hope we get it, I really do because if we don't it'll force my hand on the Wii.

/damn you Nintendo

Why do people talk crap and say theres no TP for GC :nono:

Show me an official date. When I see one I will be pleased and say with great joy I was wrong. Till then...

I love it. "No specific date given". And on gonintendo too. Not IGN, not Eurogamer or 1up.

We have a US date. Where's the Japanese date? Where's the PAL date? There isn't one.

I wish it weren't so but sadly until I see a date on the NOE site I remain unconvinced. I hope we get it, I really do because if we don't it'll force my hand on the Wii.

/damn you Nintendo

Show me an official date. When I see one I will be pleased and say with great joy I was wrong. Till then...

It's been said since the conference it will be released in the middle of December because they're focusing on the production on the Wii version.

And yea,Twilight Princess for the Gamecube will be released in the middle of December means it's not.

Hey we don't have a date for Brawl,Prime 3,Galaxy,Dragon Quest,Final Fantasy,Super Paper Mario so it's not coming out in Europe anymore!

It's been said since the conference it will be released in the middle of December because they're focusing on the production on the Wii version.

But you're taking what was said about the US version and deciding that you want it to be true about the PAL version too.

The "production of the Wii version" is just what Perrin Kaplan came up with when pressed as to why the GC version had slipped from Wii launch.

But you're taking what was said about the US version and deciding that you want it to be true about the PAL version too.

The "production of the Wii version" is just what Perrin Kaplan came up with when pressed as to why the GC version had slipped from Wii launch.

No i'm not,i'm pretty sure someone from NoE (Yarnton) has said middle of December,not anyone from NoA.

Hey we don't have a date for Brawl,Prime 3,Galaxy,Dragon Quest,Final Fantasy,Super Paper Mario so it's not coming out in Europe anymore!

Err, we don't have any dates for those nevermind a PAL one. Flame all you want. There is no PAL Zelda until we have a date. There's no way NOE is going to take the wind out of Wii's sails in mid-Dec with a GC Zelda. Then you're looking at Q1 2007 at which point you decide there is no point and cancel it.

And Jet Set Willy, stop being so smug.

Smug? WTF? I WANT a PAL GC Zelda. I want it more than I want Wii Zelda. But there isn't one. Show me a date on a professional gaming website - not on a blog.

Err, we don't have any dates for those nevermind a PAL one. Flame all you want. There is no PAL Zelda until we have a date. There's no way NOE is going to take the wind of of Wii's sails in mid-Dec with a GC Zelda. Then you're looking at Q1 2007 at which point you decide there is no point and cancel it.

You are wrong and digging a hole for yourself. Its ok to be wrong but we will flame you.

It is going to be release in 2006

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/search/search.jsp?searchText=twilight&indexName=all

See where this is going

You are wrong and digging a hole for yourself. Its ok to be wrong but we will flame you.

It is going to be release in 2006

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/search/search.jsp?searchText=twilight&indexName=all

See where this is going

Hey, if I'm wrong then I'm pleased. I'll enjoy being wrong every second that I'm playing GC Zelda.

But we should all know better than to believe everything Nintendo say. MP3 at launch *cough*.

This is taken from the neo gaf forums.

"This quote is taken from a video on Jeux-France.

Vous confirmez donc que Link sera bien présent pour le lancement ? Et qu'en est-il de la version GameCube ?

Oui, vous pourrez manier Link avec la télécommande de la Wii dès le 8 décembre. D'ailleurs, la maniabilité a totalement changé pour offrir une immersion totale au joueur. L'équipe de Monsieur Eiji Aonuma travaille dur pour nous proposer une expérience de jeu adaptée aux capacités de la Wii. Concernant la version GameCube, elle n'arrivera pas en même temps. Il faudra patienter puisqu'elle est maintenant prévue vers la mi-décembre. La raison de ce report est simple, les usines de productions sont actuellement déjà saturées avec la Wii...

From the Director of Marketing for Nintendo of France, Mathieu Minel.

Translation:

-'What about the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess ?'

-'A Gamecube version is planned for Europe, but not at the same time with Wii, because our factories are satured of Wii's games. So, Zelda for Gamecube will ship in Europe around Middle December.'

Well, I have only translated this part, because the interview is long and because this is the most important thing.

I'll Update this post if I found more informations.

EDIT 1: It seems that Miyamoto's big secret was Wii's Channel. And Minel says that no other Hardware's secret is under way.

EDIT 2: Wario Ware Wii will ship aroud the 15th December."

If anyone could find this video then all our worries will be put to rest.

Hey, if I'm wrong then I'm pleased. I'll enjoy being wrong every second that I'm playing GC Zelda.

But we should all know better than to believe everything Nintendo say. MP3 at launch *cough*.

I don' know where everyone said it would be available at launch day. Whenever Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft say 35 games at launch - they mean launch window which is from launch day to march 2007 when MP3 will come out.

This is taken from the neo gaf forums.

"This quote is taken from a video on Jeux-France.

From the Director of Marketing for Nintendo of France, Mathieu Minel.

Translation:

-'What about the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess ?'

-'A Gamecube version is planned for Europe, but not at the same time with Wii, because our factories are satured of Wii's games. So, Zelda for Gamecube will ship in Europe around Middle December.'

Well, I have only translated this part, because the interview is long and because this is the most important thing.

I'll Update this post if I found more informations.

EDIT 1: It seems that Miyamoto's big secret was Wii's Channel. And Minel says that no other Hardware's secret is under way.

EDIT 2: Wario Ware Wii will ship aroud the 15th December."

If anyone could find this video then all our worries will be put to rest.

McMad, if you are right you have made my day. Cheers for digging this out.

I don' know where everyone said it would be available at launch day. Whenever Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft say 35 games at launch - they mean launch window which is from launch day to march 2007 when MP3 will come out.

Check IGNs news archive for E3 coverage. Or even Cassamassina's blog where he rumoured a while back that MP3 would slip. Or even the IGN podcast where Cassamassina said it may slip. MP3 was unambiguously slated as a day 1 launch title.

Check IGNs news archive for E3 coverage. Or even Cassamassina's blog where he rumoured a while back that MP3 would slip. Or even the IGN podcast where Cassamassina said it may slip. MP3 was unambiguously slated as a day 1 launch title.

Firstly it was billed as day 1 title always launch window, then IGN used their imagination as they claimed it was nearly complete and they spoke bullshit in order to get people coming to their site. They new it wasn't ready and never was a day one launch title.

When they said TP was coming out wih the system then you realise that Mario and MP3 would never be out day 1 launch window or just after.

spoke bullshit in order to get people coming to their site.

annoyingly every gaming site does that including this one. Flagging bullshit as *RUMOUR* is no excuse. And hysterical fans dont help either. So it is understandable that people get confused.

I wonder how many people won't get a wii now that the truth of GC Zelda is coming out? Anyway GC Zelda will make a decent consolation prize when wii stock runs out in the christmas rush.

Firstly it was billed as day 1 title always launch window, then IGN used their imagination as they claimed it was nearly complete and they spoke bullshit in order to get people coming to their site. They new it wasn't ready and never was a day one launch title.

When they said TP was coming out wih the system then you realise that Mario and MP3 would never be out day 1 launch window or just after.

I think you're being harsh there:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/714/714008p1.html

Everything else in that list has made day 1.

/back on topic.

If there's a GC Zelda TP I will buy that - no question.

annoyingly every gaming site does that including this one. Flagging bullshit as *RUMOUR* is no excuse. And hysterical fans dont help either. So it is understandable that people get confused.

I wonder how many people won't get a wii now that the truth of GC Zelda is coming out? Anyway GC Zelda will make a decent consolation prize when wii stock runs out in the christmas rush.

I reckon thres a special item in each version that does different things: Like fire rod and an ice rod

I think you're being harsh there:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/714/714008p1.html

Everything else in that list has made day 1.

/back on topic.

If there's a GC Zelda TP I will buy that - no question.

Right one point Nintendo Power is just like NOM/ONM a publisher gets a license and creates a magazine, they speak bull just like ONM and there supposed exclusive news, andin the actual magazine in just had Zelda, Monkey ball, Tony Hawks and Wii Sports confirmed for launch

EVERYONE, if this game does poorly with reviews, as in getting below 9.7 average score at THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST, we shall all give this topic 1 star ratings and drop that 5 star rating, as it will NOT BE WORTHY of a 5 star rating.EVER.

Does it really matter if it gets a high rating. I've been waiting long enough to play the game. I'm not gonna stop playing it just because it got a crappy score after a three year wait.

Who in their right mind wil say the game looks great, then not go and get it, just because it got less than 9.7 ?!?!!?!

seriously, i dont see why some people listen to some reviews.

I cant remember the last time i actually read a review and said, "oooh im not getting that game". Just cos it got a lowish score.

If this gets 5 inthe freakin scre thing il stil be getting it, i love zelda.

US Boxart?

ZeldaTwilghtPrincessCoverArtUS.jpg

Old^:nono:

Why the fuck are people so bothered about the GC version? Noe have said it'll come out in Europe (someone has already posted the source), and why do you care so much? Why arn't you just going to get the Wii version?

First person to post "OMFG because it's shit!!!11", dies a slow painful, death. I want a reason, people.

Why the fuck are people so bothered about the GC version? Noe have said it'll come out in Europe (someone has already posted the source), and why do you care so much? Why arn't you just going to get the Wii version?

First person to post "OMFG because it's shit!!!11", dies a slow painful, death. I want a reason, people.

OMFG Because its shit!!!!!!!!11

Only kidding

No I think its mainly because people will still consider it a GC title I think some of the textures and facial animations along with lighting are improved in the Wii version than the GC version

Why arn't you just going to get the Wii version?

Personally, I think zelda is about immersion in a story, puzles and adventure. Shaking my wrist to control the sword prehaps immerses you only in the violence... But i say this is not what zelda is about. I want a traditional zelda game built around the traditional controller. I want to spend long immersive hours playing without physically getting tired.

I will get a wii zelda when a true WII Zelda is releaased...TP is an adapted GC game. ( I dont want to buy a wii at lanuch either)

Why do you want the wii version then?