NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
conzer16

Wii being Stockpiled for Early Global Launch??

It make sense really, this way they can ensure that there are absolutely no shortages at launch and that they can get the system out the minute all the software is ready. I think we could see it in September over in Japan/The US - I'm still anticipating an October release here though.

I think they will release it when they have 20 odd games ready.I think they're waiting for the software.

It sounds very intriguing, but think of the source for a second... he could be SOOO EASILY lying to us! And ohh how we've fallen for it... May-pril fools?

All those saying about the usual summer drought, you seem to be forgetting that Nintendo are not aiming this system at the normal videogame market. Can you think of a better way to set yourself apart than by establishing a year round market? I'm sure publishers will welcome the opportunity to have even sales throughout the year, rather than just all lumped in at Winter/Xmas and battling to make sales against your better advertised competitor.

All those saying about the usual summer drought, you seem to be forgetting that Nintendo are not aiming this system at the normal videogame market. Can you think of a better way to set yourself apart than by establishing a year round market? I'm sure publishers will welcome the opportunity to have even sales throughout the year, rather than just all lumped in at Winter/Xmas and battling to make sales against your better advertised competitor.

Absolutely agree.

The Wii isn't even like a normal console anyway! It's totally unique! I believe it would sell all year round anyway! It can't even be put in the catergory with PS3 and 360 anymore as it's totally different.

I think Nintendo can release it when-ever, if some consumers still choose to buy the console near Christmas, it's up to them!

Overall Nintendo could release the Wii in August and still have a successful launch.

Sadly i don't think it's going to happen....purely because Nintendo have already said Thanks-giving for USA and the launch games aren't 100% complete...yet. :hehe:

Nintendo said no latter than thanksgiving. so it could be before. if it got released tommorrow i would still go out and buy it. the target audience would be able to afford to buy it tommorrow aswell. lets not forget the aim here. it is not your usual gamers that nintendo are looking for it is the mums dads uncle grandmothers etc. they have the money to afford it.

Nintendo said no latter than thanksgiving. so it could be before. if it got released tommorrow i would still go out and buy it. the target audience would be able to afford to buy it tommorrow aswell. lets not forget the aim here. it is not your usual gamers that nintendo are looking for it is the mums dads uncle grandmothers etc. they have the money to afford it.

Totally agree! It's for 'everyone' isn't it? Not just for the children who have to wait till Christmas to get it. Oh and it's not going to be expensive either (well hopefully)

Now if only the launch-games were finished....or are they? :wink:

All will be revealed in 5 days time! :hehe:

It sounds very intriguing, but think of the source for a second... he could be SOOO EASILY lying to us! And ohh how we've fallen for it... May-pril fools?

Dude...

Midway announced an October launch for one of their Wii games!

Or perhaps they're doing the N64 only the other way arround: games released WAAAY before the console, with power that's nothing to brag about...

even if they arent finished now who says they wont be in a months time? then another month to press all the discs july is not unrealistic. it is possible although unlikely.

All this specultion before E3.Can't beat it :)

Agreed. I love this time of year and with Nintendos new console being so secretive its even better.

Sign in to follow this