N-Europe

Backdoor trojan

I guys i havent been to these forums in a few months,but i hope some of you might remember me and be able to help me out.

Ok Norton antivirus 2003 picked up a backdoor trojan the other day and i am starting to get a whole load of shit on my PC.Norton couldnt do anything about it so now i have come to you guys to see if you can help me. I tried going dierectly to the file in question but this just comes up when i try to delete it:

"Cannot delete winbbc32:Access denied.

Make sure this disk is not full or write protected

And that the file is not currently in use."

this leads me to believe that it has entered into the registry. I went into safe mode and tryef to delete the file againn and the same message came up.I then downloaded a free trial of ERROR KILLEr which is a Mc Afee registry cleaner and taht didnt fix it ,although it did detect over 150 problems and would only fix 30 of them because it was a trial edition. can any of you help me out?

All help advice is much appreciated

chris.

To delete the file you could try the xp recovery console which comes up when you boot from winxp cd and press r to enter the console. But it might result in that your pc won't start at all. So try F-prot ran on the command prompt or if you're using fat32 you can run it from a win9x boot disk.

EDIT: easiest option: format/reinstall xp

AVG free is the best ive used, i got a winfixer virus and its a pain in the arse for me to get rid of. I downloaded all different free trials and non worked, so i donwload AVG went into safemode found it and sent it to the vault to never return again.