NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

Tommy Tallarico speaks!

For those of you that don’t know, Tommy Tallarico has been making music for video games for years now. He recently got a chance to check out the Revolution at THQ’s event, and left some impressions on the IGN boards.

“Rev Controller was interesting but it didn’t totally blow me away as some were expecting. Need to see more games for it I guess. It was running the new SpongeBob game from THQ. The coolest part was that the controller could be used it different ways for different gameplay mechanics and levels. For example, sometimes you would turn it on it’s side as use it as a steering wheel. Other times you held it upright and used it like a flight stick. And another time you could use it like a hammer or pick-axe to destroy stuff. The game itself was running off the GameCube (with the Rev Controller) so I can’t really comment on the graphics… they looked like an old GameCube game.â€

Tommy says he wasn’t blown away by the controller, and then he goes on to discuss how the coolest part about the game was the Revmote functionality. I guess he is saying he enjoyed the controller, but not as much as he thought he would. Then again, perhaps he is saying that he didn’t enjoy the actual game at all, but the best part of the game was the Revmote aspect. It’s just a little hard to decipher those comments.

Linky

Discuss

Meh. I don't care if a musician is not blown away who plays a Spongebob game from THQ...

It would be different if the guy who makes the Zelda series music commented on the Revolution but anyways - new information is new information.

Hmmm, I hope to God my first experience with the Revolution is not a Spongebob game from THQ.

Tommy Tallarico does a couple of shows on the US channel G4. He's a bit of an idiot really, and basically disregards any game that isn't "cool" and "mature" without any kind of thoughtful judgement whatsoever. His opinion on the Revolution isn't really news to me, nor is it going to change the way I think of it....

.. from his arse.

this is bullshit, if we're gonna have a thread for everyone who wants a bit of publicity in the weeks running up to E3 we should just make a whole forum for those threads.

True professionals do not advertise their skills.

OMFG BIRD SPEAKS!

Scaly-Headed%20Parrot.jpg

EVERYONE APPLAUD!

He told us nothing and basically set up this article so he could get a new job.. first sentence: For those of you that don’t know, Tommy Tallarico has been making music for video games for years now.

[insert a load of bullshit saying the controller is okay but i didn't like it that much] hey presto he has pleased just about everyone in the industry and will probably land a job somewhere else because he was critical of the Revolution he has probably pleased a few Sony/Microsoft developpers.

It's classic advertising, like an episode of Richard and Judy

Judy: Hi there Davina.. how are you?

Davina: blah blah small talk

Judy: So I hear you have a book out?

Davina: Oh yes.. advertise yawn

Zzzz

I mean it must get pretty boring making music for THQ games, I don't blame him for whoring himself.. probably wants a job somewhere decent.

He however did praise both ico, before it got re-realeased and praised Nintendogs at last E3

So what, the point is, no one wants to hear opinions of someone who thinks the things that are cool are the things that are trendy.

look at gadget show and you see what i mean, they are the biggest brown nosers when it comes to ipod

I read all about that. To be fair, he was playing a 'Spongebob' game on a GC dev kit with a Rev controller. That combination wouldnt exactly impress me either. When he gets to try more next gen games he will probably change his tune.

OMFG BIRD SPEAKS!

I mean it must get pretty boring making music for THQ games, I don't blame him for whoring himself.. probably wants a job somewhere decent.

Making music is never boring!

Don´t matter what film game or whatever it is for!

But back to topic.

I think it´s cool to hear that a game uses the revmote in more than just one controllscheme.

It prooves that it´s not that hard to invent controllmechanics for the FHC.

And that there´s no huge deal to port a game....many people believe it´s too costly to invent a controllscheme for revolution,which is exactly total b/c....

Mario party will be cool with so many unique types to controll the minigames:yay:

Sign in to follow this