NEurope
Zombie_Fan

Resident Evil

I don't know about Resident Evil 5 coming to the Revolution. To me it sounds like a long shot, because of the control set up (then again I might be wrong). I think if Capcom makes a Resident Evil game for the Revolution it might be something like Resident Evil Dead Aim. To me it sounds cool. What do you think?

By the way, Im new here. I am not the best speller and I do not have the best grammer. So please be nice.

Id prefer they gave us a version of Resident Evil 5. However an exclusive game would have to be worth comparing to Resi 5.

welcome zombie_fan! I personal don't see why res evil 5 wouldn't work well with the rev control scheme, the rev controller would work well with res evil 4 wouldn't it?! I think it would be perfect, would make aiming much easier, same with splinter cell and other 3rd person games.

i think it would work really god on the rev, even though the 4th one was in third person it could work in third person on rev. i mean i saw pictures of it. it looks over the shoulder does it not? well its just hte same as first person but your not in the head. i dont see why they dont just take some time to configure the controls and bring it out on the rev. i would buy it!

Hello Zombie Fan. In order to retain the classic Resident Evil feeling, Capcom choose to let the camera look over your shoulder. So I guess we are gonna see that for awhile...

Personally I think a resident evil game would work fine on the revolution and im sure if res5 did come out for the revolution it would also give you a choice to use the more conventional controller setup with the shell or a gamecube pad. So no worries.

I think we'll either see a new game in the series just for the Revolution. It'd be a lot easier for Capcom development wise.

Im hope they dont change the formula too much. I loved number 4 but the story was really lacking. I hope whatever console its on that the next part of the story you get to take on Wesker and reintroduce Umbrella.

I bet they will do some sort of alternate version of Resident Evil 5. I hope it'll be good, I loved RE4.

RE5 is one of the games I'd buy a 360 for.

Now that I think about it. Resident Evil 5 would work out on the Revolution. I sat down and played Resident Evil 4 for an hour. While I did that, I thought about how the Revmote would work with the game. It turns out that It would work pretty good with it. I would still like to see a Resident Evil Dead Aim 2.

It lacks the power to run a port of Resident Evil 5. That's why it won't work.

Besides that, Capcom have announced it not to be released on the Revolution, though I'm not sure about that.

Have they announced it would not be released on the revolution, or have they not announced if it will be released on the revolution? Big difference.

Besides that, Capcom have announced it not to be released on the Revolution, though I'm not sure about that.

I doubt it, it can't be very hard to downscale the graphics. I bet they just need to make it SD. And the controls would be perfect for Revo.

Is it actually too weak to run it, or too run it in HD? Resi 4 might actually play better with the Nunchaku set up. Hold nunchuk shoulder button and aim with FHC and use FHC back button to shoot. For movement you could either use the FHC alone or the nunchuk stick, depends on what you prefer. If Resi 5 has the same set up as 4, why couldnt they do it?

The Playstation 2 was weaker than the Gamecube. Yet, Capcom managed to release a downscaled version of Resident Evil 4 on the Playstation 2.

The Playstation 2 was weaker than the Gamecube. Yet, Capcom managed to release a downscaled version of Resident Evil 4 on the Playstation 2.

True but I'd prefer an original Resi game. Agame built from the ground up for the Revo. We'll get the most out the game if it is made this way.

The Revo needs exclusives.

True but I'd prefer an original Resi game. Agame built from the ground up for the Revo. We'll get the most out the game if it is made this way.

The Revo needs exclusives.

That's true. It's probably better to get an exclusive than a port. Only time will tell, i guess.

In fact they left the possibility in the air, so it's still possible. A think they will wait for reactions for both teh rev and the game in the others consoles.

I don't care for Revolution exclusives.. I want Resident Evil 5.

If they don't do it I'll be fucked off.

Fact is: Capcom has not said 'Revolution will not get Resident Evil 5' however they have confirmed it for the PS3 and Xbox 360.. which led many people to the conclusion that it would not be on Revolution.

There are a variety of reasons for this.. the most likely is that either Nintendo has slapped a big non disclosure agreement on the title because they want the news to be unveiled at the E3 speech with exclusive control scheme.

Or Capcom are experimenting with the hardware and are unsure whether it can handle it.

Personally I'm leaning towards a bit of both.. but I think an exclusive title would be a bad move and I doubt i'd buy it unless it got better reviews than the PS3 version.

I don't care for Revolution exclusives.. I want Resident Evil 5.

If they don't do it I'll be fucked off.

Fact is: Capcom has not said 'Revolution will not get Resident Evil 5' however they have confirmed it for the PS3 and Xbox 360.. which led many people to the conclusion that it would not be on Revolution.

There are a variety of reasons for this.. the most likely is that either Nintendo has slapped a big non disclosure agreement on the title because they want the news to be unveiled at the E3 speech with exclusive control scheme.

Or Capcom are experimenting with the hardware and are unsure whether it can handle it.

Personally I'm leaning towards a bit of both.. but I think an exclusive title would be a bad move and I doubt i'd buy it unless it got better reviews than the PS3 version.

Without exclusives, there's no bluddy point in buying the console!

The fact that the revolution controller is different means that exclusives are even important now.

I doubt it, it can't be very hard to downscale the graphics. I bet they just need to make it SD. And the controls would be perfect for Revo.

If they focus the game on the 360's and PS3's multicore, shader-intensive high-end systems, simply scaling down won't do it. The Revolutions is not only much weaker, but also very different in architecture and capabilities. Simply removing HD won't do the trick. When they do scale it down the results may not be what they want.

I have no doubt the controls will be perfect, and that's why I think Capcom has an alternative version in the works. I think it's best if they do a Ressie exclusive (which may still be RE5 but in a different package) for the Revolution - they don't want to make a watered down 360 version.

well from capcoms point of view, it would be better to release a version just for the rev, they built the res evil 4 engine for the GC and with early rev development possible on GC dev kits it would a good idea to build upon this and improve the res evil 4 engine, as this will be a way to get better graphics and to have the whole thing work better than trying to down grade another engine not built for that platform. Plus its cheaper:)

And frankly an upgraded res evil4 engine should be sweet!:)

Without exclusives, there's no bluddy point in buying the console!

The fact that the revolution controller is different means that exclusives are even important now.

Well I'd like to think that the controller, price, back catalogue, design were reason enough to buy the console.

The idea of an exclusive is nice, but who says we can't have both? We probably will get the really screwed up in the dark Resident Evil/Survival horror title from Capcom where you use the FHC as a torch/weapon.

But i'd rather have Resident Evil 5 secured.

well having res evil 0 - 4 released on the GC it would seem silly to not release 5 but publishers are a little stupid:)

From a publishers point of view it would be in their interest to release a Revolution exclusive with the controller.. as it is expected many hardcore gamers will own both systems if they can afford it.

Who's gonna buy Resident Evil 5 just to play it with the FHC after they played it on the PS3? nobody.. but if it's a whole new game chances are high.

Depends how $$$ concious Capcom are.. if they're true to Nintendo they'll release 5, perhaps with FHC controls but no real tweaking.