NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

EASTER

Also, if you want to know the REAL meaning for easter changing date every year, is because the people who started the festival (having no idea when Jesus actually died...or born for that matter), copied the time from another pagen festival, which was dependant on the lunar cycle..

I dont think that Jews would agree with calling them 'pagan'. The early Christians had SOME idea that Jesus died during the passover (it's in the bible). Easter changes date because Easter Sunday is the Sunday after the first day of the passover (which happens to be Good Friday). The passover is celebrated on 15th Nissan every year in the LUNAR Jewish calendar, which is slightly different to our solar calendar. So the passover changes date by our reckoning, which means that Good Friday changes date and that Easter Sunday changes date.

Also: the fact that Easter Sunday is on a Sunday means it would have to change date each year anyway...

I dont think that Jews would agree with calling them 'pagan'. The early Christians had SOME idea that Jesus died during the passover (it's in the bible). Easter changes date because Easter Sunday is the Sunday after the first day of the passover (which happens to be Good Friday). The passover is celebrated on 15th Nissan every year in the LUNAR Jewish calendar, which is slightly different to our solar calendar. So the passover changes date by our reckoning, which means that Good Friday changes date and that Easter Sunday changes date.

Also: the fact that Easter Sunday is on a Sunday means it would have to change date each year anyway...

The name eatser may come from else were, as it was normal pracrise to take pagan festivails and put christian event in there place. I think the egg giving strated from a celtic-christian tradition (proberly orginaly just a celtic tradition).

meh theres a quote from jesus' bible or something to do with stigmata that said something like: i am under a rock, in the sea or somthing like that. which basically points to the fact that jesus' didnt want the church to be built so that the curch isnt god's wish so we dont really need to go to church if we want to praise god. we can stay at home. i think the church dismissed it or something. so no i havnt gone to church today. and happy easter

We had some people round today and had a chocolote fondue! 18 bars of dark chocolate. Lovely :)

(Offcourse this was after we got back from church)

i got up early to play along for my sister to search for egs in the back yard. i was so knackered that i found most of them.

however i got a spongebob one off my parents, and then a kinder rabbit (hmm a child rabbit. kinder are wierd...childrens suprise, children egg, children hippo, children bar..) yeah the rabbit was nice. also had a meal at my grandparents as usual they fill you up like hell.

I went to work and then afterwards went running with my mom. Oh and we both kinda had a fight with my youngest sister cause she's a brat. Lovely day.

Sign in to follow this