N-Europe

Molyneux predicts controller in 2004

At a Fable demonstration in 2004, Peter Molyneux makes predictions about someone coming up with a new input device to control games. He claims it will be the greatest innovation in hardware, as opposed to more power. It sounds almost like he is talking about the Revolution controller.

Video

Too bad he wont be making any games for the Revolution.

Very interesting. He is almost describing the controller in its entirety.

He's right, controllers were designed for 2D games. The joystick is just a hybrid, and controllers haven't moved in the same time period visual effects have, but mice and keyboards are sort of there.

The Revolution's controller will finally be able to mimmick that and do so much more, because we're not limited to a stupid table surface. And it will be the first of its kind on a console.

Ditto about him not developing for Revolution, especially when he was speaking so highly of it a few months back.

well people were predicting something that

Nintendo Themselves admited they came up with a similar concept when experimenting with the N64 controller - only it used two wrist watch style devices and a 'stand' to detect movement. People apparently didn;t like it.

Damn, Microsoft and their company-gobbling antics... now we will never experience Black or White on the Revo. I think the idea of controlling an in-game hand with the FHC is true gaming goodness, and who better to implement it than Peter M himself.

When we all originally heard of how the FHC would work, this was one of the first gaming ideas that got me really excited.

:(

Damn, Microsoft and their company-gobbling antics... now we will never experience Black or White on the Revo. I think the idea of controlling an in-game hand with the FHC is true gaming goodness, and who better to implement it than Peter M himself.

When we all originally heard of how the FHC would work, this was one of the first gaming ideas that got me really excited.

:(

There is still a chance that he could leave and set up another development team. Highly unlikely but hey any thing is possible.: peace:

Microsoft it seems are buying out major companies that show interest in Nintendo one by one... Do you think they had an idea of backwards compatibility for the Rev when they bought out Rare? Because with games like Goldeneye being excluded, I think they did...

Microsoft just want Vista in the front room of every house in the world, that's their main aim.

They'll do anything to get it there.. it's nothing personal.. They'd probably be happy to share if people could afford it.

Microsoft's xbox director has spoken out in praise of Miyamoto before :)

The richest company in the world?

Microsoft is rich but not one of the top100...

And they can´t just buy every studio, cause that sounds like cartell, and cartell isn´t allowed...

I thought Microsoft were well into the top 100. Out of interest where can you find an accurate top 100 richest companies list.