NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

I think when Final Fantasy 13, MGS4, and when Tekken 6 finally comes out in Japan then the system will sell bucketloads.

However we must remember, which G4 seems not to realise that in Japan the playstation sales are about 1/3 to 1/2 of the US total sales.

So yeah give the system time

· They expect sell 600.000 units in Spain in PS3 first 12 months

·

No way that'll ever happen. The majority of Spaniards are cheapskates (No offence to any Spaniards here), and they would never pay such a large ammount of money for something like that.

No way that'll ever happen. The majority of Spaniards are cheapskates (No offence to any Spaniards here), and they would never pay such a large ammount of money for something like that.

Well their the 4th largest country to get behind the ps3, I for one think its quite possible.

I think when Final Fantasy 13, MGS4, and when Tekken 6 finally comes out in Japan then the system will sell bucketloads.

Well thats just stating the obvious. Just like saying Halo will sell 360's and Mario will sell Wii's

Well their the 4th largest country to get behind the ps3, I for one think its quite possible.
You obviously don't know the Spanish, do you? I've lived in Spain for over 5 years now, and I know as a fact that they don't like spending much money on things like that. The reason the PS2 was popular here was because they were quite cheap, and games are bloody easy to pirate. PS3 games, on the other hand, aren't either of those.

However we must remember, which G4 seems not to realise that in Japan the playstation sales are about 1/3 to 1/2 of the US total sales.

So yeah give the system time

Genius! So we give PS3 time to have good games, but Wii leaves a 'nasty taste' in your mouth? After 2 months...

Genius! So we give PS3 time to have good games, but Wii leaves a 'nasty taste' in your mouth? After 2 months...

But that probably because I have a feeling that developers aren't trying to push the system graphically or through the controller. That is the wii though, but I want epic games only two systems for that ps3 and 360.

I can get why you think the wii is better than sliced bread. I don't think it is, plus I don't like the way Nintendo is trying to get rid of its core gamers and take in more casuals.

Yes casuals are good for the business of video games, but the games that each want are so incompatible of each other that I'm looking for someone to buy my wii off me.

But heh back to ps3 discussion

Another game that loads faster than the 360 version.

IGN got some hands-on time with the long-awaited PS3 port of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and came away with some quite favorable comparisons to the Xbox 360 version. Load times that were seven to ten seconds on the 360 have been reduced to three to five seconds on the PS3, according to IGN. What's more, the frame rate drops that accompanied entrances to detailed areas have been eliminated, and the graphics have been improved with higher resolution textures, improved shading and an increased draw distance (to minimize far off object popping up suddenly).

Theres a reason for all that, the HDD install.

Simple as...

Simple as...

Not only that, but it's been out a year...

But that probably because I have a feeling that developers aren't trying to push the system graphically or through the controller. That is the wii though, but I want epic games only two systems for that ps3 and 360.

I can get why you think the wii is better than sliced bread. I don't think it is, plus I don't like the way Nintendo is trying to get rid of its core gamers and take in more casuals.

Yes casuals are good for the business of video games, but the games that each want are so incompatible of each other that I'm looking for someone to buy my wii off me.

But heh back to ps3 discussion

When did I say the Wii was the best thing since sliced bread? I like Wii, and I've played a couple of decent games. And Zelda isn't exactly what you would call a casual game. Same with Metroid 3 and Mario.

So once again, you're judging it on the first couple of months of games. Which is what you said shouldn't happen with PS3.

And Zelda is about as epic as games get. So I'm not sure how PS3 and 360 are the only plaes for that.

Simple as...

Have to see as IGN hasn't stated anything about a hard drive install yet.

back to Ridge Racer 7! WOOO! *Drifts*

back to Ridge Racer 7! WOOO! *Drifts*

I may have asked this question before, if so sorry, but is Ridge Racer worth getting if you have already played the 360 version?

Not only that, but it's been out a year...

When did I say the Wii was the best thing since sliced bread? I like Wii, and I've played a couple of decent games. And Zelda isn't exactly what you would call a casual game. Same with Metroid 3 and Mario.

So once again, you're judging it on the first couple of months of games. Which is what you said shouldn't happen with PS3.

And Zelda is about as epic as games get. So I'm not sure how PS3 and 360 are the only plaes for that.

Well I only played one decent game on it and that was zelda, well that and 2 mediocre games. But appart from that we have to wait god knows how long for metroid 3 and mario, so 2 great games in 12 months after the console launches. Whereas within a year of ps3 we get vf5, heavenly sword, and other good looking titles.

Sega Megadrive Collection arrived today, I'm loving it.

There's a few games I've never played before like Comix Zone which is good. Also liking the Gradius Collection.

I may have asked this question before, if so sorry, but is Ridge Racer worth getting if you have already played the 360 version?

Well I own Ridge Racer 6 as well, so I know where you're coming from with the question. I myself I'm a ridge racer fan and I found that 7 is changed enough to worthy a purchurse. It's not like Ridge Racers 2, where they basically just stuck in some extra courses/cars and left everything identical. This has new everything pretty much, and the customization stuff really does add to the game. I'm now driving a dynamic car that drifts like a mild. :D

I'd say if you liked 6 on 360 and want to have a fun arcade racer then get it. It's better than 6, it feels more polished over.

Well I only played one decent game on it and that was zelda, well that and 2 mediocre games. But appart from that we have to wait god knows how long for metroid 3 and mario, so 2 great games in 12 months after the console launches. Whereas within a year of ps3 we get vf5, heavenly sword, and other good looking titles.

There's more than 2. SSX and Mortal Kombat are out in the next month and they both look really good. Wii's line up is at least a match so far for PS3.

I really don't see what your agument is.

I don't like the idea of 40 players online. I know some people don't like Gears of Wars limit to 4 v 4, but I much prefer it.

Is Resistance a stand out game? By that I mean, is it worth buying a PS3 for? I know it's meant to be good, but is it more of a game to get because you own that system or a reason to get a system?

Nah i wont lie its not worth buying a PS3 for, but its a damn damn good game.

Its a mix between COD3 and Halo.

Yeah it's a very good game. System seller? Probably not, but still I'm a gamer and I want to play great games and Resistance is a great game. The online is fine. Seriously if you like the 4 vs 4, then have 4 vs 4 on resistance, you can search the rooms yourself.

Killzone 'may' be shown at GDC next month, also with a host of new PS3 games which are hopefully going to set the world alight.

Harrison has confirmed that back-ground downloading will be with us soon.

He has also revealed his new duck game: Super Rub Dub, which is a little like Money Ball but with ducks and uses the SixAxis motion sensor. It'll be downloadable in the next few weeks and of course will launch with the console in Europe.

Loco Roco 2 has been confirmed and Phil has even been playing it. Although he wouldn't confirm if it was a PSP game or if it will be downloadable from the PS3 store.

Also revealed some of the Singstar interface but no other major details revealed.