NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ultrajamie

zelda: twilight princess as a seperate SKU?

Zelda one disc for both?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Zelda one disc for both?

• it'll be a GC game with Rev extras if you play it through the rev
    • it'll be released for each with (slight) differences and individual packaging
    • it'll be two versions and the differences will be significant due to the control scheme differences

i'm wondering...

do you think that Zelda will be released as a seperate gamecube and rev game - or just a gamecube game with extras unlocked when the disc is in the rev.

my money's on two different packages and hopefully a few visual upgrades to the revolution version too.

Option 4 - It will be a Revolution title playable on GameCube.

great then i will catalogue it next to all my xbox 360 games that can be played on the original xbox.

Dunno and don't really care tbh chances are if theres 2 I will get both.But if I had to guess id say it was on one disc and bonus disc

great then i will catalogue it next to all my xbox 360 games that can be played on the original xbox.

Ha ha ha! Thats awesome!

For any option except for option 1 they'd have to delay it another year so 1 it is.

Xbox 360 is a completely different architecture to the original Xbox so it's not even a sensible comparison. And unless you've had your head in the sand for the last few months you'll know that the Revolution architecture is so similiar to GameCube that people have been told to develop on the Cube and spec up. Hell, even the first dev kits were Cubes with hardwired Revolution controllers.

You scoff now. Let's just see on 9th May shall we.

Xbox 360 is a completely different architecture to the original Xbox so it's not even a sensible comparison. And unless you've had your head in the sand for the last few months you'll know that the Revolution architecture is so similiar to GameCube that people have been told to develop on the Cube and spec up. Hell, even the first dev kits were Cubes with hardwired Revolution controllers.

I hope that was a joke

I also go for number 1.

Nintendo wouldn't release two versions as it could confuse consumers. I think it will say somewhere on the box "works with FHC" but it will still carry the GC Logo at the top.

Option 4 - It will be a Revolution title playable on GameCube.

And it'll be marketed as a Revolution launch title aswell I rekon. Gamecube is dead...........lets face it.

Officialy its one at the moment and all the gossip and rumours still point to one. The case will have markings for both Revolution and gamecube with both being clearly marked. I don't think though that zelda will be the only game to do this, what about Kirby?

Whatever happend to that Kirby game for the Gamecube, it didn't look to shabby.

Maybe though because Kirby games are developed by Hal Labs, the game was put on hold for the Revolution so they could work on the new Super Smash Bros.

:laughing:

indeed we shall...

maybe it'll also be a revolution game you can play on the ds.

:laughing:

indeed we shall...

maybe it'll also be a revolution game you can play on the ds.

:rolleyes:

I don't see why you treat the idea so feciously. We know Zelda is for the most part coded as GameCube game. We know that Revolution doesn't emulate GameCube since you can boot from GameCube discs. We have countless pieces of information saying how easy it is to develop for Revolution cos it's the same as the GameCube but with more oomph. We know the game isn't coming until the Revolution launch window. We know it will use the Revolution controller. And yet you treat the idea, which is no more outlandish than anything you've suggested, with disdain.

And why are you cataloging Xbox 360 games when you told us all you'd sold it? Or have you bought another one?

JEt set, your idea "4" is just option 1 - the game will run on the cube and the revolution.

I see what you mean, and agree, but it is really just the way you look at it.

JEt set, your idea "4" is just option 1 - the game will run on the cube and the revolution.

I see what you mean, and agree, but it is really just the way you look at it.

Agreed.

I just can't see them releasing it before the Revolution launch. Which means they'll promote it the other way round to what we think currently. That's all I'm saying really.

I think there was something going round with miyamoto (or someone high up at Nintendo) saying Zelda would release at the same time as the revo - being round this time of year I don't know if that was april fools or not.

but yes, I've been thinking for a while that Zelda would release around the revolutions launch, basically down to the cube dying slightly quicker than Nintendo had hoped, and also to give it hype that will come with the revolution.

It will release within a month of the consoles Launch I guess, probably withing a fortnight (if not coinciding with the launch of the revolution, to bulk the launch line up

i will buy Zelda as a rev title. i will get my rev at launch with Zelda and a "true" rev title probably SSB

But it is option 1 for me, and they couldnt release it as a Rev game playable on GC they discs wouldn't be compatible with the GC.

But it is option 1 for me, and they couldnt release it as a Rev game playable on GC they discs wouldn't be compatible with the GC.

There's nothing to stop them releasing it as a Revolution launch title on GameCube discs since Revolution will take both.

depends on what you consider a revolution title, a game with revolution specific code, or on a revo dvd disc.

you could argue that a revolution game comes on a regular CD sized disc, with revolution/GC code (as the revolution is based on the GC apparently, it seems likely most revolution games will contain partial bits of code that could be correctly interpreted by the GC machine)

a GC comes on a mini cd sized disc, with GC code exclusively.

then you could argue that the zelda tp game was neither a GC game nor a revo code, if it comes on gc sized discs but with revolution coding to take advantage of a Revolution feature.

or you could say it was both a GC and a revo game.

but perhaps no revolution specific code will be required in the game at all.

Sign in to follow this