NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ultrajamie

november euro launch!?!?!?!?

Nintendo say 2006.

Realistically they can't release it before E3.. that would be silly.

and also realistically they can't launch after the 20th of December either..

So I say they will launch between E3 and the 20th of December in Europe.. I'm happy with that.

November could happen, so could September, who knows... and more importantly who cares?

All we know right now is we will get it in 2006.

Nintendo say 2006.

Realistically they can't release it before E3.. that would be silly.

and also realistically they can't launch after the 20th of December either..

So I say they will launch between E3 and the 20th of December in Europe.. I'm happy with that.

November could happen, so could September, who knows... and more importantly who cares?

All we know right now is we will get it in 2006.

i think all territories this year too... my thinking is late summer in japan and the USA (before thanksgiving for sure) and maybe closer to xmas in europe.

i think they will avoid being too close to the ps3 and will try to beat it to shops where they can - also getting it out by late summer should enable them to ramp up production by xmas and avoid the kind of shortages you might expect.

however.... to do that, their plans with retaillers would have to be in place by now and you expect a few leaks from either retail or the distributors... like xbox 360 had last year.

November a lot of stock would be a priority for America though.. that's my only logical evidence against a November launch in Europe.

Japan tends to go first, it makes sense.. Nintendo will just have to draw the line somewhere and say: Right Japan.. Europe and America need some love and you're not getting any more stock.

Because they'll lose out big time if they try this strategy where DS lite goes to Japan until demand dies down.

I think September/October for Japan.. then November for America and late November early December for Europe.

I reckon it'll end up being early December. Hopefully they'll go on a fully scale Invasion with their factories making billions, muhahahaha!!!!...We don't want shortages now..

i think it would be funny if nintendo had actualy finalised everything, and everything is ready to be revealed, there are factoried right a tthis moment producing these little beauty machines somewhere. then at e3 you'll here all the info, al the games, then he'll say at the end of his conversation we've got about 100 million units ready for launch around the globe, mwuahahahahahaha *insert doctor evil finger*

I have allways tought the Euro Revo launch would be in november.

I've always thought that too, beginning of October for Japan, beginning November for America and end of November for us...

I reckon they're gonna spead it out throughout the end of 2006 to be honest now....Iwata's comment about no worldwide release makes me think this is most likely. Probably Japan in Sept/Oct, America in Oct/Nov, Euro in Dec...

IF thers more than a month between the launches, I'm going to import it. Lets hope for Region free games :D

You know an Apple style launch as Stefkov would be a pretty big secret you know?

Though it wouldn't be corroborating between the stuff we heard about the developper's kits still not being finalised.

However certain parts of the Revolution chip set and production may have gone gold.. and as soon as the processor/gfx is sorted then they'll add that on.

Would be real nice to get a launch days after E3.

IF thers more than a month between the launches, I'm going to import it. Lets hope for Region free games :D

I hope they do. That'd be great. That way we wouldn't have to worry about our imported games and messing around with bloody FreeLoader. It especially makes more sence since Sony are doing it (thoguh that's partly because they can fit every region on Blu-Ray)

A November launch is a highly plausible idea. If they wanted to get the system out this year and actually create enough to sell at launch, then i think November sounds like a very resonable date.

You could go one step further and say that it'll launch in November alongside the Twilight Princess, which has been rumoured to have a November date as well. ;)

A November launch is a highly plausible idea. If they wanted to get the system out this year and actually create enough to sell at launch, then i think November sounds like a very resonable date.

You could go one step further and say that it'll launch in November alongside the Twilight Princess, which has been rumoured to have a November date as well. ;)

right up against ps3 though?

i kind of hope they give themselves at least a small window to get in there before they have to be compared to ps3.

They don't care. If anything the comparisons will be good for Nintendo, they offer something Sony don't.. and a price tag to boot the other one right up there.

Nintendo is fearless of Sony and like the saying goes: all press is good press.

The comparisons are innevitable, and Nintendo will be pushing the features like the back catalogue, the controller, the design and the price tag.

Sony will be trying to cover up their price tag and show off the graphics, and putting in small print in their adverts like "HDTV required for HD resolution gaming"

There really isn't anything to worry about.. I'm sure Nintendo are confident in their product and can pick a strong fight against the PS3.

They don't care. If anything the comparisons will be good for Nintendo, they offer something Sony don't.. and a price tag to boot the other one right up there.

Nintendo is fearless of Sony and like the saying goes: all press is good press.

The comparisons are innevitable, and Nintendo will be pushing the features like the back catalogue, the controller, the design and the price tag.

Sony will be trying to cover up their price tag and show off the graphics, and putting in small print in their adverts like "HDTV required for HD resolution gaming"

There really isn't anything to worry about.. I'm sure Nintendo are confident in their product and can pick a strong fight against the PS3.

but nintendo don;t have to convince nintendo to buy the thing... they have to convince gamers, retaillers and publishers.... all of whom have the GC fresh in their memory.

assuming it'll release round twilights release, it should be some point between June and November, at least according to online retailers.

looks most likely to be 3rd or 4th quarter

all of whom have the GC fresh in their memory.

I went into Game recently - I wouldn't be so sure of your assertion that the GC is "fresh" in their memories.

*edit* just noticed the automerge thing - excellent feature, gets a thumbs up from me :)

assuming it'll release round twilights release, it should be some point between June and November, at least according to online retailers.

looks most likely to be 3rd or 4th quarter

I went into Game recently - I wouldn't be so sure of your assertion that the GC is "fresh" in their memories.

:)

i didn;t mean the know-nothing sweat-stinking gcse-failing staff in store. but the buyers and higher up planners who have to justify losses and giving space to products.

but nintendo don;t have to convince nintendo to buy the thing... they have to convince gamers, retaillers and publishers.... all of whom have the GC fresh in their memory.

I can't believe people are still in this mentality that the Revolution is going fist to fist with the PS3 and 360.

It could well fail, I don't think it will at that price, with all those features and things that other consoles can't.

There is a wealth of people out there who don't get games consoles because it's not in the restraints of their budget. Revolution is going to buck that curve and probably take a modest bite out of the hardcore gaming demographic while it is at it.

Revolution caters for those people.

i think it would be funny if nintendo had actualy finalised everything, and everything is ready to be revealed, there are factoried right a tthis moment producing these little beauty machines somewhere. then at e3 you'll here all the info, al the games, then he'll say at the end of his conversation we've got about 100 million units ready for launch around the globe, mwuahahahahahaha *insert doctor evil finger*

i was thinking exactly that and secretly hoping above all. it would be brilliant.

ok, looking at the recent games release list, its looking like june is even less likely than before, so July-November. November sounds right, but to go kinda average I'll say September, for now.

I was thinking that production could have been delayed because they're obviously still budgetting for the system's hardware- and probably still debating on a name.

But they could half assemble systems and then send them through the factory again to solder on final chip sets..

With regard to the name they could just send them through and screen print something on the front and still make it look professional.

We heard a few months that the system had gone 'gold' (production of hardware commenced) so perhaps they're already stock piling for an early launch, it's totally forseeable to plan ahead of decisions mid production.

I dunno how many they'll need on launch, I expect 2 million would do the job for the first round (360 having 1 million just for the 3 largest regions)

We heard a few months that the system had gone 'gold' (production of hardware commenced) so perhaps they're already stock piling for an early launch, it's totally forseeable to plan ahead of decisions mid production.)

well they managed it with the DS lite... it's be easy for nintendo to do seeing as, unlike microsoft, they manaufacture the machines themselves and hence have a better control of their supply chain.

I dunno how many they'll need on launch, I expect 2 million would do the job for the first round (360 having 1 million just for the 3 largest regions)

1 million was way way way too short though. and MS acknowledge that they didn;t get the numbers anywhere near right.

YAY, my brithday's in November, I'm gonna ask for one of these. Hopefully I don't have to find another present.

Sign in to follow this