NEurope
raven_blade2006

Rare Games Absent from Virtual Console!

Initial reaction: noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

However, as Nintendo technically own the games, if they don't change them, as they published them, they could release them. Surely the temptation of a percentage of the profits of their games downloaded would...pursuade Rare to let them release them. Goldeneye, however, will be a bit more tricky....

EA=Evil Arseholes

A few months back i'm sure nintendo released a sheet showing the possible games that could end up on the virtual console. And Goldeneye 007 was one of them!

Goldeneye 007 info: (You probaby already know this)

Publisher: Nintendo

Developer: Rare

Bond Licence owned by: Electronic Arts

If it's that bad, just get an N64. There quite cheap now.

A few months back i'm sure nintendo released a sheet showing the possible games that could end up on the virtual console. And Goldeneye 007 was one of them!

Yeah, that was part of virtual console survey that US based marketing team Shantus made for Nintendo. Originally survey was meant to be secret, but some users leaked survey on the net. Nintendo / Shantus confirmed to IGN that survey was real, but it was never meant to be public.

The rights of Goldeneye belong to the James Bond movie company, which is MGM, which is owned by.... Sony.

The rights of Goldeneye belong to the James Bond movie company, which is MGM, which is owned by.... Sony.

But what about the Goldeneye Source code? isn't that owned by Rare? And Nintendo owns the publishing rights?

Fuck it! If it ain't on there i'll just buy an N64.

I think Rare have the rights for all games that have been made with their own intellectual property, like Conker and Banjo-Kazooie. Games like GoldenEye and Lylat Wars aren't their original idea and therefore they don't have the rights and there's no way they can block it from a release on the Virtual Console. The Donkey Kong series and Star Fox series will be on VC but as for GoldenEye, I doubt it.

Isnt Lylat Wars a good old Nintendo offering? Corker of a game like and one that I like to hook up for a blast through from time to time nowadays - people complained about it being so short... yet it was so epic!

Isnt Lylat Wars a good old Nintendo offering? Corker of a game like and one that I like to hook up for a blast through from time to time nowadays - people complained about it being so short... yet it was so epic!

Yeh! Lylat Wars was my first N64 game and I loved it. The thing that kept me going back was trying to get all those gold medals.

Yeh! Lylat Wars was my first N64 game and I loved it. The thing that kept me going back was trying to get all those gold medals.

Listen to this, I lent it to my friend back in the day, I'd almost got all the gold medals by this point. Id not really explored the options in it but my friend, he did. He changed the speech to Lylat, something I tried when he gave it back to me but it really grated or somethin on my brain and I didnt enjoy it. But back to my friend, he like also changed the language of the text to make the game totally incomprehendable - cool if you like that kinda thing. The problem was though, that he accidently wiped all the data. Ive still not got back to the point I was at, it took a truly inspired play through of Aquas to get me that medal - man I used to be a decent gamer...

I've emailed Nintendo direct about this to try and get some official confirmation but haven't heard anything yet. :(

Yeah, that'll do wonders lol

I'm not very bothered, I have all Rare games that I want, so no problem.

Yeah, that'll do wonders lol

I'm not very bothered, I have all Rare games that I want, so no problem.

I`m very against illegal emulation on consoles, but for what Rare have done the last years, by making themselves a crapy ugly rat both for Microsoft( who spent money on the crap) and Nintendo, they deserves it on Revolution. I think emulation without permision is wrong, and if Microsoft doesnt stop making it possible to emulate Nintendo games on their Xboxes, what can we do then? Revolution Virtual Console is worth almost nothing. May you burn in a hot place Rare and Microsoft.I loved you for your games years ago, but now I hate you. Stop destroying Nintendo, or we will destroy you, and then its only Sony left out there, and I dont want that to happen.

Sorry I`m just very frustrated and and sad.

I`m very against illegal emulation on consoles, but for what Rare have done the last years, by making themselves a crapy ugly rat both for Microsoft( who spent money on the crap) and Nintendo, they deserves it on Revolution. I think emulation without permision is wrong, and if Microsoft doesnt stop making it possible to emulate Nintendo games on their Xboxes, what can we do then? Revolution Virtual Console is worth almost nothing. May you burn in a hot place Rare and Microsoft.I loved you for your games years ago, but now I hate you. Stop destroying Nintendo, or we will destroy you, and then its only Sony left out there, and I dont want that to happen.

Sorry I`m just very frustrated and and sad.

interesting point, as this was something that i noticed a while back. people were installing emulation programs such as zsnes on their xbox's and playing the nintendo games that way...

i thought it was clever at first. but it does put a bit of a spanner in the virtual console works

my reaction to Rare not making it.... bugger.

all that i would have gotten was perfect dark and conkers bad fur day... but im sure that other people would be wanting the others. they ARE GOOD. and it is a shame that nintendo doesnt have that deal.

well, if the revo makes enough money, maybe they can buy Rare back.

after playing kameo and pd zero all the way through...

all i ever think when i hear rare's name is...

meh.