NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Blackfox

Post your LOLidays!

This thread was going to be about any holidays that any forumites might be going on. Either to spread interest or cause a wave of envy to be unleashed. Then i was speaking to the King of Men and he thought it was going to be about holiday memories that are particularly funny. So now it is both.

I'll get the ball rolling:

This year I shall be having two holidays. One in Newquay for 12 days. Camping. It'll either be very very fun or very very bad. Hopefully the former. Going with four other friends and got some cheap air tickets to the airport down there - thus saving us 11 hours of coach boredom. Then i shall be going to West Brittany with the family for a fortnight. This time staying in a chalet. Last year's holiday was very fun and Im hoping to recreate the fun-ness of it.

As for funny holiday memories. I can't think of any particually funny LOL moment. I've had huge amounts of fun on all the holidays I've been on - even when its rained. Some moments that do ring out is my dad trying to speak French when pissed and also throwing sand at my sister becuase she was being a little shit.

Discuss.

I ain't going on holiday this year. Instead, my Mom and Dad, while I stay home and revise for AS. YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

As for funny holiday memories, I suppose I always remember Turkey, mainly because that country is full of eccentics. This one guy pointed at me and then fondled his crotch as if it were normal to do that. Ah, those were the days.

I may post more memories later.

I like the thread title so i'm going to post my little story.

Last year in August me, my brother and 2 of our friends went to Orlando for 2 weeks. It was strictly a hardcore theme park holiday, and was filled with many lol moments.

Most mornings we eat at Denny's which is essentially an American Little Chef, usually around 7:30-8am. On one particular morning we were eating there, when I felt a pretty vicious bowel movement - a common occurance due to the "fast-food diet" that you are subjected to whilst over there. I went to the toilet to do the business, all normal. However, when I got up to flush the toilet, I noticed something amiss in my excrement. Upon closer inspection, I found something strange.. something.. unholy. My shit was a shade of dark green.

I went back to the table and sat down. Due to my inhibitions about these sorta subjects, I brought it up with my comrades, expecting the usual reactions of "Ewww" and "Not over breakfast, dude". However as I finished telling them, one of my friends put down his cutlery, and quietly admitted that his number twos had suffered the same fate. As we looked at eachother in horror, the other friend at the table admitted the same thing. As we all looked at my brother, he also admitted it. We had all been struck down by green poo.

Was it caused by Florida's unholy humidity? Was it caused by some sort of reaction between rollercoasters and the stomach? Or was it simply caused by the large blue slush puppies we had all drunk the previous day? We don't know for sure, but we do know one thing.. to this day, the mystery of the green shite remains unsolved.

This year I shall be having two holidays. One in Newquay for 12 days. Camping. It'll either be very very fun or very very bad. Hopefully the former. Going with four other friends and got some cheap air tickets to the airport down there - thus saving us 11 hours of coach boredom.

What airport would that be, the one they're obsessed with trying to close. Ah well less tourists to invade my quaint little town. I may offer a RE discount at work in Morrisons. By that I mean I get to smash stuff and sell it to you for half price. You get half the goods but it works out fair I think :wink:. I guess I should feel lucky living in a place everyone has to pay money to come to.

What airport would that be, the one they're obsessed with trying to close. Ah well less tourists to invade my quaint little town. I may offer a RE discount at work in Morrisons. By that I mean I get to smash stuff and sell it to you for half price. You get half the goods but it works out fair I think :wink:. I guess I should feel lucky living in a place everyone has to pay money to come to.

Mawgan airport? I thnk that's how its spelt.. its about 3 clicks from Newquay. Can't help it if you live where the great beaches and weather are in the UK ;)

Mawgan airport? I thnk that's how its spelt.. its about 3 clicks from Newquay. Can't help it if you live where the great beaches and weather are in the UK ;)

That's the one yeh. The government are bright sparks you see, apparently it's a good idea to shut down the army base down here. Though it is a good place to be summer time, observing the... tourists of the female variety. If you get my meaning *ahem*

Yeah voyeurism, love that shit.

I have a holiday memory involving the original release of the Xbox, the United States of America and a couple of R'n'B kids in a Walmart. They were talking to me as I played Gun Valkyrie on this demo unit in a way (which I can't recall accurately or humorously) that went something like this:

R'n'B guys: Yo, tis the bare blap blap mothafucka?

Me: Yes, it is quite...

R'n'B guys: Booooo! Blap!

Me: I totally agree.

R'n'B guy: Shoot that mothafucka down Mr England! Boooo!

Me: Yep.

And on it went for quite a while longer.

Im going to japan end of the year, then im going poland to be best man and kiss all the women, but i dont know how to dance.

i went poland last year. it was fun, we went to the beach and it was hot, and u know what else was hot. the girls. they were hot, not because of the heat but because of their hotness.

Im going to japan end of the year,

Bastard. I'm going to New York and New England, Salem, Boston etc. Should be awesome.

Last year, April, the worst AND best experience of my life!

My friend and I are going to Thailand (my second time, my friends 12th or something like that - couple of his friends live out there).

We get into Bangkok Airport and customs ask us to go to one side...

...my friend is bringing stuff over for one of his friends (he's married to a thai girl and he supports her family), stuff like a rug, curtains, hot-water bottles, candles and other random crap!...

...with this not being the "usual holiday luggage" customs tell us they have to inform the police to look through it and make sure everything is ok.

So the police come and take us to the Donmuang police station and put us in a cell, we're thinking it'll be all done by tomorrow and they'll let us go... how wrong we were!

The next day they tell us they want to hold us and investigate us under suspiscion of smuggling (this is where it goes wrong), we aint had a phone call so we ask to use the phone, they hand us my friends mobile with which we call his mates (and take a pic, the police let us to prove we were locked up to our friends, haha) tell them to come down and sort this out (they can speak thai, the police can't speak english unfortunately)! They say they'll be with us by 12 noon the following day... thank god!

The next morning (before 12) we get taken to "court" (this is no court) where we're told we're being sent to Bangkwang Prison (aka the Bangkok Hilton - search for it on google!) while the police investigate... from here it's like the Shawshank Redemption, shackled up and driven away!

I could talk about the prison for absolutely AGES but I'll shorten it for you - IT'S HELL, PURE HELL (63 people in our very small cell - HELL)!!!

We spent 4 days locked up in there until we got bail, couldn't leave Thailand for another 3 weeks until the police dropped their investigation.

All in all it cost us a lot, we had to pay for the lawyer fees and court fees (£2321 each), the British Embassy covered our bail cost (£3000 each). This on top of the already £1500 holiday! OUCH!

The worse thing is, I got back, had no job and got dumped by my girlfriend... yep, that was the worse month of my life!

Still, I can look back and laugh at it now! HAHA, only owe £2000 now (inc debt from over here)!

doingtime5fe.th.jpg

me on the right

Sign in to follow this