NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arab_freak

New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album!

Stadium Arcadium is due to come out tuesday may 9th 2006.

RHCPCover.jpg

q2.jpg

I can't wait. : peace: :bouncy::yay:

Key Tracks: 'Dani California', 'Hard To Concentrate', 'Desecration Smile', 'Charlie', 'Snow', 'Stadium Arcadium'

SNEAK PREVIEW

of what is to come from the Red Hot Chili Peppers this spring, including a peek into the first single

"Dani California"

Watch Below:

http://streamos.wbr.com/wmedia/wbr/rhcp/rhcp_sa-sizzle-dc-public_5g8c3f_300.wvx

Should be good, but the singles will be played to death again. The overplaying of the singles has put me off them, which is a shame because I used to like them quite abit.

Great band, i liked the old Zepher Song.

the title on album is blatently word art though!

That album is hideous, we've moved on a bit since the 70s you know. Photoshop does wonders now.

Im not hyped for this album, I OD'ed on the Chilis a while ago. Although I heard an interview with Flea saying "If you don't like this album you don't like the Chilis". Bit harsh.

sounds nicely conservative.

meh, I have little patience for these guys. just not my thing...

I couldn't care less about the CD cover. It's not like you're going to take it with you whereever you go. It's going to be tucked away on a shelf, and you would've probably ripped them and put them on your PC/mp3 player.

Awful album cover. I used to be into the Peppers, but I think my tastes have developed and moved on since then. I'll occasionally give Blood Sugar Sex Magik a listen, which is still a classic, but Californication and By the Way have fallen out of my favour. Lyrically they're very very weak, and while Frusciante and Flea are consistantly excellent, it's hard to ignore the lyrical aspect. Kiedis' style worked well when they were a funk band, but on By the Way particularly it just seemed too random, shallow and nonsensical. I'll probably still give it a listen, but I don't expect much. I hope it'll be such a return to their roots that it'll turn all their new fans off, but I doubt it.

Isn't the album cover meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, a bit 70's, a bit old skool. maybe relating to songs on the album are gonna be old skool.

I like many have said have taken a disliking to them after over exposure to them and to be honest now i just think, God get out of my face, which is a shame because they're talented guys and have some great recent songs like the Zepher song and Cant Stop.. but if i hear them one more time im likely to kick the stereo in, or TV, or whatever the hell is playing it!

Its gone too far now, even with new material i think i'll always just be sick of their faces. Maybe my taste has progressed also, they went a bit softie and that annoyed me a bit.

YEs oh yes! I've been waiting for this since i heard there would be a new album near the end of last year.

I don't care about the album art, yes it sucks, but is that a reflection on the music? No, music and drawings are 2 different things. I've loved all the chillis' work and will be picking this up asap

Yeah I was quite into the Chilis a couple of years back. Went to see them at the City stadium in fact. I'll probably get this album when it's come down in price by whole shit lot.

Records cost so much these days.

I've known about the album for a while but the cover is new to me. However, the artwork looks kinda rubbish. I get the tounge-in-cheeck of it though.

Oh, and it'll probably be out Monday 8th May over here in the UK. After all, albums are normally released on a Monday here (unless you order it off play.com then you'll probably get it early.)

When's it out and what does the album cover look like? (I've blocked arab freak and don't like him enough to unblock him).

I've listened to some of their new songs, and they definately are going back to their roots. Kill For Your Country was a great tune, but Dira California was a dissapointment for me.

Where did you hear them?

Bootleg recordings of the concert where they played them exclusively. Lol, I heard Flea say "If you're smart you'll record the next song and bootleg it on the internet, so you can make some fucking money".

Mr. Beast, Gnarls Barkley, Muse, Radiohead, Kanye. so much more.

Good year for music 2006 will be.

Mr. Beast, Gnarls Barkley, Muse, Radiohead, Kanye. so much more.

Good year for music 2006 will be.

Seconded on the Muse album. That's my most anticipated album of this year (well, that and Trivium's next one atm.) It's gonna be awesome!

Its also a bad year for music, the return of Steps, Take That, Bozyone and Eternal.

Does anyone remember S Club 7/8 ? :P

Its also a bad year for music, the return of Steps, Take That, Bozyone and Eternal.

There's no such thing as good or bad years of music, it all depends on what you listen to. Just because some bands which people frown upon return, that doesn't mean you HAVE to hear them. Just listen to what you like.:geek:

Problem is you do have to listen to them, as you'll hear them "around" - on TV, in stores and the like. Im not complaining, just pointing stuff out.

Sign in to follow this