NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nucleus

Firewall, Ports and Torrenting

Hey all. I recently downloaded Azerus as a Torrent client. But it says I have a NAT problem. It's advised me to open port 6881 on my computer. I am a bit of a networking n00b. I have no idea how to open ports. If any of you could give me some help...

(Using - Kerio Personal Firewall v.4, Windows Firewall is off)

And if you're unlucky you cannot do anything to it. In kerio you can open the port for azureus in network security, click on packet filter, click add, choose the application(the azureus executable) add protocols UDP and TCP, then on the local press add, add port, type in 6881, press ok. Do the same for remote. And then check the bottom options direction:both, action:permit

Do you have a router through which you're connected to internet?

Thanks for your help so far guys. In Kerio, there is no Packet Filter link, button or tab as far as I can see. I have an unlicensed version, maybe I can only access the Packet Filter with a full version. Yes I do have a router: Edimax AR-7024Wg-A

Problem is, I cannot access the router settings. The username and password is not the default setting and no one in the family actually knows the bloody info. Going to contact the guys who set it up for us tommorow.

Thanks for your help so far guys. In Kerio, there is no Packet Filter link, button or tab as far as I can see. I have an unlicensed version, maybe I can only access the Packet Filter with a full version. Yes I do have a router: Edimax AR-7024Wg-A

Problem is, I cannot access the router settings. The username and password is not the default setting and no one in the family actually knows the bloody info. Going to contact the guys who set it up for us tommorow.

That's funny I have it in my kerio...(network security , applications tab ) And it's an unlicensed version. It might disable after the trial period expires, if it does I'm going to switch my firewall.

I also had this problem with Azureus but I switched to BitComet, all incoming ports are closed and I still have good connections.

I had the same problem with Azureus. Someone told me it was cause my ISP was stopping it working, so if you're with AOL, that may explain it. Also, if the other clients that have been suggested don't work, try using uTorrent.

I also had this problem with Azureus but I switched to BitComet, all incoming ports are closed and I still have good connections.

You closed all incoming ports? Doesn't this mean no uploading? That's very selfish :/

Thanks guys. I've so far worked out the software firewall problem. Now i'm onto the slightly more complicated router.

I've gotten in and i'm on the virtual server section for port forwarding. As instructed, i've put the port used by Azereus into Public Port - Start and Public Port - End. Thing is, there is another port box to fill in: Private Port. Should I just put the same port in?

Also, at the end it says to put in the Host IP Address. Should I just put in my computer's internal ip here?

Also, does anyone know if my router: AR-7024Wg-A supports MAC address binding and/or UpNp. Can't seem to find that info, which probably means it doesn't support either :hmm:. Just incase...

Thanks guys. I've so far worked out the software firewall problem. Now i'm onto the slightly more complicated router.

I've gotten in and i'm on the virtual server section for port forwarding. As instructed, i've put the port used by Azereus into Public Port - Start and Public Port - End. Thing is, there is another port box to fill in: Private Port. Should I just put the same port in?

Also, at the end it says to put in the Host IP Address. Should I just put in my computer's internal ip here?

Also, does anyone know if my router: AR-7024Wg-A supports MAC address binding and/or UpNp. Can't seem to find that info, which probably means it doesn't support either :hmm:. Just incase...

Did you try using the first reply Cheapshot made on this page? to portforward.com? It talks you through your specific router and the program you are trying to use, step by step.

Not at the moment. I've been trying to figure this problem out on my own for too long to give up. Hopefully I can get it up and working with everyones help.

If I cannot do anything about it I will change. Just not right now.

Sign in to follow this