N-Europe

E3 2006 Countdown

Dyson

*notes that Nintendo's party offsite will get going at 7:30am before the doors of E3 open if I'm not mistaken.. so we can expect Revolution news 2-4 hours before then.

Don't ask me why.. perhaps it's a bit quieter chance for press to get in there early if they write kind words over breakfast

http://boards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=110829452&brd=9029&replies=0

This was posted yesturdy by Matt. Don't think it was posted yet on here.

It's finally starting again.

For more than a year I've chatted with developers, gone to see pubishers, and it's always the same. I hear them talk about their Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 products, but they either don't know or don't care about Nintendo's new generation console, codenamed Revolution. I'd call it frustrating, but that'd be an understatement.

But times, they are a changing.

I've visted a handful of publishers in the last couple of weeks. I'm always armed with the question. It feels like I've asked it a million times. "Do you have anything in the works for Revolution?"

Usually, this query is met with blank stares or occasionally laughter. But more recently, the answers have been dramatically different. A rep for a major studio will come up to me and say, "We need to talk. We've got something for you." Another answers: "We are extremely excited about Revolution and we will have product for it at E3 2006."

Devs are getting kits. And I know of a half dozen major games -- not the ones announced by Nintendo, but real, tangible, working, playable things -- that are underway and ramping up. Everyone seems extremely enthusiastic about their projects, and based on what I know of a couple of them, it's easy to understand why.

It's contagious. I'm hyped. And I can't wait for this May.

http://boards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=110829452&brd=9029&replies=0

This was posted yesturdy by Matt. Don't think it was posted yet on here.

It's finally starting again.

For more than a year I've chatted with developers, gone to see pubishers, and it's always the same. I hear them talk about their Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 products, but they either don't know or don't care about Nintendo's new generation console, codenamed Revolution. I'd call it frustrating, but that'd be an understatement.

But times, they are a changing.

I've visted a handful of publishers in the last couple of weeks. I'm always armed with the question. It feels like I've asked it a million times. "Do you have anything in the works for Revolution?"

Usually, this query is met with blank stares or occasionally laughter. But more recently, the answers have been dramatically different. A rep for a major studio will come up to me and say, "We need to talk. We've got something for you." Another answers: "We are extremely excited about Revolution and we will have product for it at E3 2006."

Devs are getting kits. And I know of a half dozen major games -- not the ones announced by Nintendo, but real, tangible, working, playable things -- that are underway and ramping up. Everyone seems extremely enthusiastic about their projects, and based on what I know of a couple of them, it's easy to understand why.

It's contagious. I'm hyped. And I can't wait for this May.

It's this post that makes me smile! WOOOOO!