NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
21st century cowboy

Does anyone know for sure if the free-hand controller will be connected by a wire?

If you mean a wire to the console itself, no. However, if you mean a wire between it and the attachments, there is a wire.

Guess we'll just have put up with it then. it was just the ways big tac explained EA might be using the controller, that there might not be a wire connecting them.

i hope it isn't as I feel it could be quite constrictive. Anyone got a clue?

Edit:sorry missed some of the title out :red:

I found myself accidentally holding something with a shorter wire than will be between the controller and attachments, and it wasn't constrictive, I stretched my arms as much as I comfortably would, and while the slight tension did affect the way my hands moved, I didn't feel constricted, more guided. but as I said, the wire I used WAS shorter. I imagine it may possibly be an issue for the rarer very tall people, but attachments that require the attachment to be held far away from the main controller will probably have longer wires. if they exist.

in summary, it shouldn't be constrictive at all.

i think it'll actually feel more natural to have that wire between the attachments and the free-hand, like the nunchuck. for those of us used to using both hands, and for those newbies who may feel confused using two completely seperate entities to control one character (for example) on the screen, so a wire would simply eradicate that confusion.

besides, you gotta think about how many wireless signals the revo is designed to interpret (4).

thanks for replying. yeah thinking about the points you raised it will most definately have a wire connecting the two and yes there would be far too many wireless signals flying about.

if they kept the wire between the two devices you could actually use the controller as a nunchuck....in game i mean....not swingin them around randomly lol!

The nunchuck attaches to the controller by a wire:

EdX2WT4zfrPiOI_RoY3JWEMfpGJXu5MG.jpg

The wire makes it a lot simpler. If the nunchuck would be wireless it'd be a lot more expensive, and you also wouldn't be able to see which nunchuck belongs to which revmote.

The wire provides a faster connection, between the addon and the controller, than a wireless connection would. At least I think that is the reason.

also a very good reason is power, having both pieces wireless would creat lots and lots of power drain, plus the numchuck would require separate batteries from the remote, which would equal nightmare(and twice the batteries:().

I hope it is connected personally, the constraint ensures that it doesn't get lost very easy.. and of course offers better battery performance because the lack of wireless hardware (+ weight + size) which could also lag in certain situations.

I see no reason why Nintendo would go against their E3 design.. after we saw the booklet last week I think it is highly unlikely they will deviate from what they have.

Of course there are also communication issues for multiplay then, and it could lead to cheat in some games. No thanks.

The guy doing the sword fighting in the vid had no problems swinging it around like a loon.

It you think that is restrictive, what would you think of the controllers we've been using for the last 10 years? They havent exactly allowed you to extend your hands while playing. : peace:

Isn't the wire longer in the teaser than on the picture above?

Anyway I dont see that the wire would be a problem.

Isn't the wire longer in the teaser than on the picture above?

I noticed this too. But it's common that things like wires are shortened or left out in such pictures so they don't distract you from what's important.

I also think the wire will guide you and Nintendo had enough time to develop the controller so I'm not really concerned that they mess things up with the wire and if they do, there are always 3rd parties to make it better :heh:

I guess the wire was mainly intended to be able to strangle Sony and X-Box fanboys or your mates when they don't let you win :D

I guess the wire was mainly intended to be able to strangle Sony and X-Box fanboys or your mates when they don't let you win :D

prolly not going to be long till they are used for this, and it all goes horribly wrong one day..

although, current controllers can already be used in that way, or as ball and chain so : / but as gaming goes more mainstream there will be more game related deaths, simply because more morons will sadly be attracted, as well as those more adept at being human.

The wire provides a faster connection, between the addon and the controller, than a wireless connection would. At least I think that is the reason.

It's probably also a lot cheaper.

no one knows but nintendo themselves and the gaming gods . bill gates (evil gamegod) and reggie (game demon overlord of all time and space ) nintendo ...no not just nintendo sony , m$ and nintendo all work for reggie . if you ever seen how muslums gather , kneel there head to the groud and worship there gods of choice? thats how myomoto and others got to greet reggie . or reggie would flip out , throw thunderbolts from his eyes in 2 duel ds like directions (thor and reggie go back quite a ways , if its one thing reggie learned from thor its how to through one hell of a Tbolt). but i dont know if theres a cable inbetween the 2 devises .. all i can tell ya is try askin reggie , or DONT if your like me and got a metal plate in your skull....

m$? oh how original.. aren't you cool.

didn't Bill Gates donate a ***k load of money to the Boxing day tsunami? More than his countries donation?

Grow up man.. that m$ shit is so old, if you have a problem get a mac, or linux and shut up.

Also it would be wise to type properly, I'm not saying we don't condone the use of 'leetspeak' in moderation or as a parody but what you have displayed is just plain laziness and in fact harder to read.

A good Reggie joke comes hand in hand with his slightly obscure attitude to other companies and his confidence but please don't start taking the thread off topic with comparisons of muslims* to the relationship of two people you've never met.

wow , just shows that opinions can range incredably... and writing styles ...(i like dots)... seriously though i would honestly not mind the cord in the middle. sure it would look cooler cordless .i know a lot of people (close minded xbox lovers) who already are making fun of how it resembles a nun chuck , making it apear as a childrens toy . i think the cord might have a tiny image problem , but no way at a level the cube suffered with its image problem (purplenessss)

There's no image problem, from a 4 player wireless protocol point of view it is of highest importance to battery life and quality that they are joined.

I put my reputation on the line that Nintendo Revolution will come with a wired nunchuka inthe box.. The idea that a nunchuck (a weapon) is a child's toy is ridiculous.

I don't think Nintendo gives a damn, neither do I.

Nintendo will use wired controllers as first party accessories and there has been much information from Nintendo that this will be the case to lower production costs of these accesories to the extent where they can be bundled with games much like Donkey Konga was.

If they had intentions of making it wireless why would they even bother including the port? It's a proprietary standard that emulates that of the iPod dock connector and will be used for accesories from dance mats right up to fishing rods.

no one knows but nintendo themselves and the gaming gods . bill gates (evil gamegod) and reggie (game demon overlord of all time and space ) nintendo ...no not just nintendo sony , m$ and nintendo all work for reggie . if you ever seen how muslums gather , kneel there head to the groud and worship there gods of choice? thats how myomoto and others got to greet reggie . or reggie would flip out , throw thunderbolts from his eyes in 2 duel ds like directions (thor and reggie go back quite a ways , if its one thing reggie learned from thor its how to through one hell of a Tbolt). but i dont know if theres a cable inbetween the 2 devises .. all i can tell ya is try askin reggie , or DONT if your like me and got a metal plate in your skull....

You've got to be between the age of 4-6months. That was one of the stupidest posts I have ever read.

You've got to be between the age of 4-6months. That was one of the stupidest posts I have ever read.

in life there is a such thing as stupidness ... its all around us .. call it an energy force if you will ... im not gunna bother making points cus thats not my thing .. but what im saying is someone has to distribute this stupidity ..to equalize and balance all the elements that make us human ...basically if everyones only cool or informative ...stupidity dies , balance becomes unbalance , small skiny weak childen beat on older stronger siblings and school bullys , grandmothers pop out new borns at age 65 , :bouncy: clowns stop laughing , and bees stop stinging ... you really want to live in a world like this ..i dont ... im doin this for you guys .. lets restore order ..get stupid : peace:

You're on crack, aren't you?

He was desperate for a fix, I knew I shouldn't have hooked him up.

I'd also like to add how I said "first party" because I know mad catz are getting in on the game, they're pretty innovative and I can't comment on anything they have in the works wired or otherwise.

Sign in to follow this