NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Recent CD collection

Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin (I had already 'obtained' this a couple of years ago though)

Flaming Lips - Transmissions From The Satellite Heart

Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic

Flaming Lips - Hit To Death In The Future Head

(I've been having a Flaming Lips fortnight, after 'obtaining' their new album At War With The Mystics. I also got the 5.1 version of Yoshimi... on DVD.)

KT Tunstall - Eye To The Telescope

The Jam - Snap!

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (12" vinyl version)

Stephen Malkmus - Stephen Malkmus

That's my CD/LP purchases for February anyway. I've downloaded some albums too, which I'll end up buying! ;)

ferry corsten - fire (flashover remix)

armin van buuren - year mix 2005

marc marberg - guarana

above & beyond vs andy moor - air for life

unkle - edit music for a film

markus schulz- miami 05

Arcade Fire's album came out last year :p

Ah yes but it was only £6.99 on 101cd this year though. :p Old music is cheap! Plus I thought they were naff on Jools Holland last year, it's taken a bit more in-depth to like them. I also recently got In A Silent Way by Miles Davis, which is brilliant, it really is.

You are all to go out and buy these. They are pretty much the only albums anyone would ever need.

The Wildhearts - Earth Vs The Wildhearts

B000002JRD.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Rival Schools - United By Fate

B00005MKA6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Dave Navarro - Trust No One

B00005JGNM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

B000006NPY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros - Streetcore

B0000CD5FN.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Retro, good call De-loused is an amazing record, Francis didn't impress me as much but it was moving.

Recent additions to iTunes,

Katamari OST

Girl Yeah, Right OST

Mogwai, EP+6, Come on Die Young, Mr. Beast (:)), Kicking a dead pig

Kanye West, College Dropout

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Self Titled.

Dangermouse, Gnarls Barkley (:))

Few tunes from Arctic Monkeys, Stratus, Jose Gonzalez, Bluetip, Bloc Party, Orson, The Go! Team,

So suprised how much love on the forum there is for the Mars Volta, they freaking rock.

James Blunt - Chasing Time (The Bedlam Sessions)

shame on you...

my sister went to see a goldfrapp gig last night and interviewed the support band ill have to check hu they were tho...

shame on you...

my sister went to see a goldfrapp gig last night and interviewed the support band ill have to check hu they were tho...

I bought it too, not overly impressed with the CD but im pretty sure the DVD is of the BBC gig. That was a really good performance, such power behind "Goodbye My Lover" and "No Bravery". Not got round to watching it yet however.

I third the Mars Volta love. They are, IMO, the best band to have emerged this decade. I would cut off my toes for Cedric Bixler's voice. :wink:

Last few CD's I've bought...

The White Stripes - Self-titled

Muse - Origin of Symmetry

The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike

The Arcade Fire - EP

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mothers Milk

I will definitely be buying the new Chili Peppers album, Stadium Arcadium in May along with the Raconteurs (Jack White/Brendan Benson) album which is coming out around then as well.

The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike

I've been meaning to pick this up for awhile, but I've never quite got around to it. How is it?

I've been meaning to pick this up for awhile, but I've never quite got around to it. How is it?

'Tis quite a good album, my favorite tracks are probably "Ladyflash", "Get It Together", "Bottle Rocket" and "Huddle Formation". It only cost me 7 odd quid from HMV and It's the newer 2005 version with 2 bonus tracks and some samples changed round (to get the album released in America they had to remove quite a few samples to avoid copyright infringement). I had heard the original 2004 version beforehand and it sounds quite different.

I went on an iTunes shopping spree and made my own "Veronica Mars Season Two Soundtrack" (some songs I had before). Consists of:

Morningwood - The Nth Degree

The Dandy Warhols - Smoke It

The Temptations - Pappa Was A Rolling Stone

The Format - On Your Porch

The Delays - Long Time Coming

Robert Cray - Jealous Love

Spoon - I Turn My Camera On

Spoon - I Summon You

Elvis Costello - Veronica

Pixies - Where Is My Mind?

The Hives - Walk Idiot Walk

Stereophonics - Jealousy

Ivy - Ocean City Girl

Air - Run

Embrace - Ashes

Maybe I should pitch it to Rob Thomas. And thats only half the season. Might burn it onto a CD and play it at work, good little mix.

Sorry, but what the freak is Veronica Mars apart from 'lady who looks a bit like Abi Titmuss with nice legs and Ashley's passion?' Some kind of TV show? And aren't Morningwood like the new worst band ever? Weezer offshoot? Am I wrong? Don't forget the new Muse album peeps, I've heard rumblings of May 16th. With the Chilli Peppers (who had BETTER not let me down) too it'll be sweeet. And Cooper Temple Clause.

Fantastic. When summer rolls around, stick "Friendship Update" on and go for a walk in the early evening. If your face isn't split by a mile wide grin, you're just dead inside.

Sorry, but what the freak is Veronica Mars apart from 'lady who looks a bit like Abi Titmuss with nice legs and Ashley's passion?' Some kind of TV show? And aren't Morningwood like the new worst band ever?

"Bit like Abi Titmuss", insult much? Abi Titmuss is a huge slutty useless piece of crap, Kristen Bell is much less freaky looking and has talent.

Veronica Mars (starring Kristen Bell) is a TV show in America (well its over here too but LivingTV have shafted it around). Yeah its a passion/obsession but a healthy one - kinda. Made a thread about it a while ago: http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692&highlight=Veronica+Mars

As far as Morningwood, I dunno. Only heard the one song and its silly fun. I like it. Muse's album in interested in, heard it could be out fairly soon. Similarly Razorlight's album has got me interested. The Chilis not so much, I haven't listened to them - or had the desire to - for months. Trying to think of other upcoming albums but YYY is all I can recall, which im also looking forward to.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

B000006NPY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Aaargh! The album where the Pumpkins became dead to me. I loved them up until this point, and I still love everything previous to this album, but it just lost me. It was a sad day.

From first to last - Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count

Panic at the disco - A Fever you can't sweat out

Yellowcard - Lights and Sounds

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

Test icicles - for screening purposes only

Funeral for a friend - hours

Head Automatica - Beating heart baby (single)

My Chemical Romance - I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

Sign in to follow this