Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pennant Chase Baseball on Revolution?

Stocka

Remember the baseball game nintendo revealed a while ago for GC?

npcbaseball_012705_2boxart_60w.jpg

But it got canned? Well...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4582

Our friends at Aussie-Nintendo are reporting that a source close to Nintendo has confirmed Pennant Chase Baseball, originally for GameCube, has now been pushed onto the forthcoming Revolution as a launch title. The possibilities for new control could be amazing, if true.

Definately makes sense. Its the obvious reason they canned it, so looks like this is pretty much a confirmed rev title.

Yeah, I thought this was a given but a confirmation is still nice. I won't be getting it, baseball games aren't my thing but yeah, this should do really well especially in the states as I believe that everything is fully licensed, right? From players to stadiums to other things, right?

Yeah good decision!!

The controller will work perfectly with the game and a showcase for the new control system; and Baseball is pretty much Americas favourite sport and popularin Japan aswell so it's a great title to have in the launch line-up!!

If Pro Evo (Winning Eleven) is in the sports launch line-up along side this, it'll be even better!

there was indeed. it was the guy playing the drums then he put his cap on and played baseball. looked amazing!

i really hope this is a launch title, it'll be another great title to show off the system, and in the states and japan where baseball is more popular the fact that it is fully licenced will show that a lot more of these types of games are possible, maybe from third parties.

personally, i'd buy it!! no, i'm not a huge baseball fan but i think it'd be great fun to play and be a great party game. i think there'll be different settings so anyone who isn't really accurate with the bat can adjust settings and the like, so everyone, no matter the skill level, can play together - sounds very nintendo to me ;):D

Guest Stefkov

yeahim not a massive fan of baseball, but id buy it to try out the different style of gameplay. I mean im not a massive fan of golf but i bought touch golf and i loved it. i just with therell be a good tennis rev game. that would be cool

yeahim not a massive fan of baseball, but id buy it to try out the different style of gameplay. I mean im not a massive fan of golf but i bought touch golf and i loved it. i just with therell be a good tennis rev game. that would be cool

well if the promo video is anything to go by, mario tennis may not be that far off ;)

and as for touch golf, the only thing keeping me back from this is that i'm not a big fan of golf either. the only golf games i'v ever bought were pebble beach golf links for the 3DO (was ground-breaking at the time but still got boring after an hour or so) and mario golf toadstool tour for the cube, which once you start to use ALL the extra options during play opened up into a deep, great game. but with touch golf not having the humour and the courses of toadstool i was worried about getting bored quickly... i take it i shouldn't worry about that? ;)

I just hope Nintendo doesn't do too much sport titles. I admit Baseball perfectly fits like golf or fishing but I prefer simple sport games like golf in Super Monkey Ball 2.

Generally I think it is a good move from Nintendo to develop non "Nintendo Universe" aswell. Realistic racing would be my favourite. Something like Gran Turismo maybe without "real" car names but a cool damage model (it costs a lot to let real brand cars get deformed and stuff).

I just hope Nintendo doesn't do too much sport titles. I admit Baseball perfectly fits like golf or fishing but I prefer simple sport games like golf in Super Monkey Ball 2.

Generally I think it is a good move from Nintendo to develop non "Nintendo Universe" aswell. Realistic racing would be my favourite. Something like Gran Turismo maybe without "real" car names but a cool damage model (it costs a lot to let real brand cars get deformed and stuff).

Well, I would like real brands, but not so extremelly many as in GT...

I think that Nintendo shouldn't have the more ridiculous vehicles they had in GT, like the T-Ford, or a centilion different versions of the same cars!

And yes, damage would be great!

Hmm, I'd quite like a baseball game but I'd prefer to wait for something a bit less dull - maybe a new mario baseball or some kind of jap manga baseball-rpg.

The kiddies who care if a game is "adult" or not should just bite the bullet and buy a PS3 or 360.

Dude, Nintendo need more gamers to buy the Rev, and to do that, they have to beat Sony in their own court, so to speak. Just like Sony made God of War to compete with Zelda, Nintendo need something to kick Sony's but in the sports department!

i have every faith nintendo will win through like they have with the DS, how they will do this with their "blue ocean" strategy we'll just have to wait and see.... ;) but i agree that this baseball game sounds great, and if something more party-style (although i think even "serious" sports titles will be a lot more fun with the new controller) like a new mario tennis was out at launch too we could all choose... or just buy both!