NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
HairyArse

Please check out my new site and let me know what you all think?

Hi guys, hope I'm not upsetting anyone by 'pimping' my website on here but I've spent a lot of time and effort creating it and wanted to know what people think of it and thought it would be a good idea to spread the word a little.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.

AllAboutTheGames.net

I like it! Could do with just a bit more colour perhaps? but it does look very smart and mature.

:)

Smart and mature! That about sums up what I was aiming for with the site design!

I want people to be able to view it at work and it to be subtler than other games site, i.e. no smiley central shouty ads! :)

Smart and mature! That about sums up what I was aiming for with the site design!

I want people to be able to view it at work and it to be subtler than other games site, i.e. no smiley central shouty ads! :)

Well it's not messy or cluttered and it's well laid-out, i like it alot.

Some game-sites i've been on haven't impressed me at all really.

You may get some very strong views on this in later replys though so keep that in mind. Your brave for asking people to give Constructive criticism on here i can assure you. :grin:

Hey I'm all for constructive criticism as long as it's justified, if people are gonna start trolling then I'll just take no notice. But it's subtle and aimed towards the more mature gamer (no not OAPs you know what I mean) and hopefully a few people will add it to their bookmarks, just under revo-europe of course. :)

Hey I'm all for constructive criticism as long as it's justified, if people are gonna start trolling then I'll just take no notice. But it's subtle and aimed towards the more mature gamer (no not OAPs you know what I mean) and hopefully a few people will add it to their bookmarks, just under revo-europe of course. :)

Very good, you should get on fine then! :)

I like the guitar hero bit! Def Leppard are one of my fav bands at the mo! sadly it's not in the track-listing. :D

The only thing that particularly bothers me is the text 'HairyArse reveals all' in huge lettering on the front page...

Haha that's a fair point mate, but that's my nickname - though we have discussed whether we should use nicknames or real names on there.

Problem is - some people don't always like to be found under google when people search for their real name.

Haha that's a fair point mate, but that's my nickname - though we have discussed whether we should use nicknames or real names on there.

Problem is - some people don't always like to be found under google when people search for their real name.

I would go for real names. It gives the site a more professional touch. On any sites that I run I use my real name on the main site, then Moria in the forums.

Haha that's a fair point mate, but that's my nickname

May I ask why that is your nickname...?

I like it, but there are an awful lot of games sites floating around at the moment. A better idea would be to get a job at HM-FUSION, pioneered by our very own CubeChris. Over at HM-Fusion there are jobs for everyone, even jobs that aren't really jobs.

Remember, there's no actual payment for your services. All you get in return is the knowledge you've helped bring news, reviews and previews to the masses (sod all, then).

May I ask why that is your nickname...?

I was going to ask that as well.... :grin:

Here come the gay remarks! :indeed::)

Well most sites require you to choose a login name and I jsut chose that name ages ago and it just sorta stuck. It makes me laugh and I always get a chuckle when playing xbox live with it.

Oh and The3rdChildren, I used to write for GCAdvanced.com but started learning PHP/SQL and wanted to put my skills into practise so created my own site where I dictate all the rules. Works for me, and apologies if this is the wrong sub section of the forum, I just went for the one with the most posts. :)

Oh and The3rdChildren, I used to write for GCAdvanced.com but started learning PHP/SQL and wanted to put my skills into practise so created my own site where I dictate all the rules.

Works for me. I was just digging at Chris. Good luck with everything.

The only thing that particularly bothers me is the text 'HairyArse reveals all' in huge lettering on the front page...

Hah, just saw that, laughed for ages/

This should be in creative, or locked for being advertising. Shorty's call ...

Well I couldn't move or lock when it wasn't in creative ;)

A lock is not necessary, discussing websites and designs is fine as long as you don't just say 'go to my site!' and make several excuses for threads (like a certain cash-making based website).

Jsut thought, when htis gets going will you need writers etc

This is what i'm trying to aim for in my gaming news page. God knows how i'll do it with no knowledge whatsoever oh Php etc.

Hmm, don't know why this two month old thread was bumped :p but I'll let it slide since this board isn't exactly bubbling with action.

Sign in to follow this