NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Hi-Fi Rush (Series X|S/PC 25th Jan 2023, PS5 19th March 2024)

It's officially official now that this game is coming to PS5, after weeks of rumours, speculation, and Bethesda LATAM totally not jumping the gun earlier today. Feels like it deserves it's own thread seeing as all the other Xbox titles announced as coming to other consoles today already do. 

Chai and the gang are on the road and about to rock out a whole new venue: Charge your DualSense controller and crank up the volume, because Hi-Fi RUSH is coming to PlayStation 5 on March 19! Experience the toe-tapping, drone-smashing, music-amplified hit featured in 50+ "Best of 2023" lists by critics!

PlayStation players can look forward to battling to the beat and will have access to all the gameplay content available in the game, including the Arcade Challenge! Update! which includes two additional gameplay modes: BPM Rush! and Power Up! Tower Up!

Preorder Hi-Fi RUSH for PlayStation 5 starting February 22 at 6PM UTC (7PM EST on February 22/9AM JST on February 23) on the PlayStation Store. Get the backstage pass treatment with the Hi-Fi RUSH Digital Deluxe edition, featuring the complete game as well as extra cosmetics and in-game Gears to spend on upgrades.

Developed by Tango Gameworks, it was originally shadow dropped on Xbox and PC last year on 25th January following a Developer_Direct by Xbox, and was received really well – arguably one of the highlights of Xbox's output last year, and certainly the one to grab the most attention during end of year award discussions. 

Really looking forward to finally checking this out! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

This is the only one of the 4 games (all are now confirmed for PlayStation) that really interests me. Probably pick it up when it's on sale at some point.

• Like 1

Limited Run have confirmed plans for a physical release of the game for both Series X|S and PS5:

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This is the only one of the 4 games (all are now confirmed for PlayStation) that really interests me. Probably pick it up when it's on sale at some point.

Yeah, for me Pentiment is more of a curiosity, but this is the one which has grabbed me and that I really want to play. Grounded I couldn't care less, and Sea of Thieves, just by it's very nature, really depends on how willing my friends are to check it out. 

Certainly a level of irony here that after all of Xbox's acquisitions, the game produced by their only studio in Japan (I'm pretty sure?) is the only one of real interest to a lot of people not already on their platform :laughing:

Pretty ridiculous that Microsoft aren't making a physical release themselves. You have an interview by Spencer saying that physical media is still important to Xbox and then they pull this.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

FWIW, the game was originally £29.99 when it first came out on Xbox, so it’ll already be much cheaper than the standard RRP for a PS5 game anyway.

9 hours ago, Dcubed said:

FWIW, the game was originally £29.99 when it first came out on Xbox, so it’ll already be much cheaper than the standard RRP for a PS5 game anyway.

Still too rich for me for a digital game from an IP I've never played before. I'm happy to wait. I'd obviously prefer a physical copy but I refuse to give LR any of my money. 

Reminder that this launches on PS5 today! 

I'll probably wait for a sale, but I'm very much looking forward to whenever I get around to it :D

Heads-up, Hi-Fi Rush is on sale on PlayStation for the first time in the May Savings since it's small PS+ launch discount - it's currently down to £19.60 from £29.99. 

Pleasantly surprised by this, as I was a bit worried Xbox might've gone the route of avoiding putting the game on sale on other console platforms for a while. 

On 24/04/2024 at 10:48 AM, Julius said:

Heads-up, Hi-Fi Rush is on sale on PlayStation for the first time in the May Savings since it's small PS+ launch discount - it's currently down to £19.60 from £29.99. 

Pleasantly surprised by this, as I was a bit worried Xbox might've gone the route of avoiding putting the game on sale on other console platforms for a while. 

If you're still on the fence, I just finished it recently.
Here's my Diary write-up.

Sign in to follow this