NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

No Rest For The Wicked (Moon Studios, creators of Ori)

That art style is immense...

...and it looks intense :D

From Moon Studios, the award-winning developers of Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps comes No Rest for the Wicked, a visceral, precision ARPG with a bold new take on the genre.

Coming to PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S.

More details March 1st 2024 at the Inside Wicked Showcase. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

So... in that like 3 seconds of snippets of gameplay, it's a diablo-like?

Could be interesting.  Need to see more though (and by more, I mean GAMEPLAY, not stupid cutscenes!).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

So... in that like 3 seconds of snippets of gameplay, it's a diablo-like?

Could be interesting.  Need to see more though (and by more, I mean GAMEPLAY, not stupid cutscenes!).

My initial thought was something like Bastion, because I've never played Diablo, but I'm with you there. The amount of "story" cutscenes makes me think there either isn't much in the way of story, which wouldn't surprise me as Ori's story was a mess (Blind Forest, not played Wisps yet), or that it's so story based it's nothing but a seemingly corridor hack n slash

The game may have been delayed a little bit? From Q1 2024 to Q2 (calendar year), so nbd. 

Per Eurogamer:

No Rest for the Wicked, an isometric action-RPG with darker visuals, is a departure from the Ori games. It was revealed in December at The Game Awards, and the developer gave an early access release window on Steam of the first three months of 2024.

[...] 

However, the game's early access launch has now been delayed to Q1 of the financial year 2025 (or Q2 of the calendar year 2024), as revealed in Take-Two's earning report for Q3 2024.

Thought the trailer was stellar but man, weird vibes from how this has been handled, just with announcing a showcase so far out and seemingly wanting to release the game in early access at that time too, that seems a lot to commit to. 

Oh well, less than a month until we find out more – unless the Showcase gets delayed too ::shrug:

We got some gameplay from this a few days ago, and it looks pretty great: 

IGN have said they'll have a bunch of scoops coming up on the game in the latter part of this month ahead of the game's event on 1st March. Souls vibes for sure. 

Edited by Julius

The game's event was hosted today, and the previews and impressions coming out for it have been looking real strong. 

Definitely going to be keeping an eye out for this game's full release. 

Launch trailer for the game's Steam Early Access launch, which begins this Thursday (18th):

Just got to wait for that full release, but man, those visuals are insane

Sign in to follow this