NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Trombone Champ (Available Today! - 14th September 2023)

Bet @RedShell is chuffed right now :laughing:

Honk, blow, and toot your way through over 45 songs! Up to 4 players can play together in local multiplayer! The Nintendo Switch version supports multiple control modes: Tilt, IR Motion Camera and Tilt-Motion. Try your best to get higher scores, and compete with your friends on the online leaderboards! Collect all 50 unique Tromboner Cards, meet mysterious characters, and uncover the mysteries of the Trombiverse. Do you have what it takes to become the Trombone Champ?

It wasn't really a popular thread and I can't be bothered to merge them but if anyone wants to see the original thread from the other console board it is here: 

• Thanks 1

Game of the Year! That looks like the game you'd play after a drunken party with friends. If there is online too then I may get it for the laughs.

37 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Game of the Year! That looks like the game you'd play after a drunken party with friends. If there is online too then I may get it for the laughs.

Unfortunately, just online Leaderboards.

Considering how obviously inspired by Wii Music this game is, it would've been nice to see Mii support, but oh well.

Edited by Glen-i

On 14/09/2023 at 3:20 PM, Julius said:

Bet @RedShell is chuffed right now :laughing:

I am, for anyone that'll now be able to play this masterpiece! :grin:

On 14/09/2023 at 4:11 PM, Dcubed said:

@RedShell? This one’s for you :D

Already got my trombone champ fix. ;)
Plus I'm sticking to my habit of only buying Nintendo exclusive stuff on Switch, and absolutely everything else on PC.

22 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Considering how obviously inspired by Wii Music this game is, it would've been nice to see Mii support, but oh well.

Oh wow, yeah. They really missed a trick there. :blank:

BTW, here's a little tip for anyone that just started playing:

Spoiler

Don't get rid of duplicate cards, especially the Hot Dog one, as you need 10 of them to unlock something.

:peace:

• Thanks 1

Too late, @RedShell. I already stumbled upon what you're referring to. Figured that would be one of the things I need.

Spoiler

I don't think I've ever laughed at Mozart's face so much!

Only had 1, mind. So could only do a severe blow. I think I already have the first thing, but defo don't have the second. So will have to faff about and toot some more.

Update inbound!

https://x.com/HolyWowStudios/status/1707111454413889606?s=20

X8evDRK.png

Bugfixes

• When attempting to beat the final boss, you should no longer get stuck on a black screen if you fail to meet the conditions required to beat the boss.
  • When playing with more than one player, you should now receive the correct letter grades in the Track Select screen. Previously, the game would use the combined point total, making it far too easy to get S ranks.
  • The first time you first arrive at the Track Select screen and “Warm Up” is your only option, you can no longer press X to sort tracks.
  • Several minor bugs that could appear when switching between save slots should now be fixed.

New Content

• Added two new tracks: “Down By The Riverside” and “The Barber of Seville.” This means that the Nintendo Switch™ version now has all of the tracks included in the PC and Mac versions.

Improvements

• In multiplayer, the indicators for players 2, 3, and 4 have been adjusted so that it’s easier to see the position of all players.
  • The light bloom effect when reaching Champ mode has been replaced with a new, more visible effect. The previous effect was causing framerate drops and wasn’t rendering as expected.
  • The system that controls note timing (specifically, missing gaps between notes) has been updated to match the PC version. It should now be much easier to maintain combos when there are lots of short notes that are close together.
  • The game should now prompt you to connect a controller shortly after launching, instead of at the dark “Trombone Champ” title screen.
  • The score graph on the Points screen should display more accurate information when playing multiplayer.
  • Some timers have been adjusted to prevent animation issues from occurring when the user mashes buttons.
  • Hover states adjusted for the “Long Trombone” and “Rainbow” buttons on the character select screen, making them much easier to navigate with a controller.
  • When a secret NPC asks you for cards, the display of the cards should look more normal if you have 0 of those cards.
  • Now, you cannot view a track’s online leaderboards until you have at least one score for that track.
  • The controller should no longer vibrate when pressing ZR after you’ve finished opening a chest.
  • Some text issues in card language have been fixed.
  • Various other tiny improvements, bugfixes, and optimizations.

As for what's on the horizon, the next update for Trombone Champ will add more control settings, a trombone customiser and even more new content:

We’re already working on our next update! This should hopefully feature:

• More control settings, such as the ability to set smoothing for each control type. We are also experimenting with an alternate method for stick control.
  • The Trombone Customizer, which is already in the PC and Mac versions. This allows you to completely customize your trombone, choosing its colors and textures manually.
  • New content, which is currently a secret.
  • Additional bug fixes and improvements!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this