NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Pokemon TCG NSO Trading Post & Battle Hub

Figured that with the release of TCG on the GB/GBC NSO service, we could do with a dedicated trading & battling thread.  So here it is!

As this game on NSO has full online battling and trading support, this thread is dedicated to those looking to fill out their TCG GBC decks and do some battles with fellow card fanatics.

Also, since Card Pop! is a thing that is fully supported in this NSO re-release, you can also use this thread to find people up for a Card Pop! Note that there are two cards that are only obtainable via Card Pop!, as stolen from Serebii...

https://www.serebii.net/tradingcardgamegb/cardpop.shtml

19.png

Venusaur (PXX)

jysM8dp.png

20.png

Mew (PXX)

hGRxToK.png

Let the Children’s Card Games begin! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

tumblr_m6mgu5qcRC1rnbg93o1_400.gif

Yeah, a bunch of us need to get together and Card Pop around. Hopefully, some combinations of players will get those 2 cards, and then we can trade the eventual duplicates around.

I can't start until Thursday though.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Ummm...

Screenshot-20230808-193457.png

Haha I noticed the same, seems to look fine in desktop mode though :laughing:

I'm not going to pretend that I didn't notice that you've got incognito mode up, though...

john-cena-im-watching-you.gif

:p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm gonna take this opportunity to put a PSA out there. Because it's very easy to get into a situation where 100% completion gets really difficult.

There's an NPC in this game, who at some point, will ask for all your unused energy cards, if you refuse, he'll leave and you won't get the Promo Slowpoke. (You can totally cheese this with the rewind feature, rewind, make a deck with nothing but 60 energy cards, as long as you have at least 1 unused, you can still get the card).

Whenever you get a club medal, for the love of all that is holy, save your game immediately!

Your rival, Ronald, has an annoying habit of ambushing you for a Children's Card Game Duel, and if you lose to him, you miss out on a card.

As well as Ronald, make a habit of checking the Challenge Cup Venue after each club medal you get. Challenge Cups in progress will go away if you get another medal, and they have some promo cards too.

If you do miss any of these, you can still get them after the credits, but it's a long, slow, and random process. Just get them the first opportunity you get, trust me.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Julius said:

Haha I noticed the same, seems to look fine in desktop mode though :laughing:

I'm not going to pretend that I didn't notice that you've got incognito mode up, though...

john-cena-im-watching-you.gif

:p

Maybe one day Serebii's site will be made to work on these new fangled mobile phones. 

And yes, I'm looking at something hardcore

• Haha 1

Yep, you can get a cool 240 energy cards about 15 minutes after you boot up the game

1. Make a deck that contains all of your energies (and 1 basic Pokémon)
  2. Talk to the dude to the right of Dr. Mason, and he'll give you 10 of each energy because you're pathetic.
  3. Shove all those energies into another deck.
  4. Repeat until you can't make any more energy filled decks.
  • Thanks 2

With save state shenanigans, I can easily duplicate this and send it to anyone who wants it.

Unfortunately, it seems you can't actually get the Phantom Venusaur because of a bug in the original game's code. So Mew is all you can get.

Edited by Glen-i

You know why he lost? Because I believed in the heart of the cards! And also...

because-shut-up-anime.gif

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

On 08/08/2023 at 7:59 PM, Glen-i said:

As well as Ronald, make a habit of checking the Challenge Cup Venue after each club medal you get. Challenge Cups in progress will go away if you get another medal, and they have some promo cards too.

Whoops. :heh:

Are there Pikachu promo cards in this? Asking for a friend. :laughing:

Anyway, I have to say this game is actually pretty cool. Don't have any memory of playing it back in the day, but have put a few hours into it on Switch and it's definitely growing on me.

Thought it was absolutely atrocious initially, mind you (came very close to giving up on it actually :hehe:) but once I better understood what the hell was going on a bit more, I started to enjoy it. :) Soundtrack helped a lot too!:

:bouncy:

Calm down composer! We've only paused the game. :laughing:

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Are there Pikachu promo cards in this? Asking for a friend. :laughing:

There are five in fact.

Ironically though only 2 of them can actually evolve!  Because apparantly Surfing Pikachu and Flying Pikachu are not actually Pikachu... or some junk.

F3VEpXEakAAOuAm?format=jpg&name=large

Anyway, just got my 4th Medal.  Got jammy with the water gym leader getting no extra Basic Pokemon at the start of the match, so I beat them in two turns :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RedShell said:

The first Challenge Cup happens after your third club medal, so it might not be too late.

Worst case scenario, @Dcubed just got the first Challenge Cup card, so he could theoretically duplicate one for you.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

The first Challenge Cup happens after your third club medal, so it might not be too late

Oh. Not whoops then. :) Pretty sure I only have 2 medals.

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Oh. Not whoops then. :) Pretty sure I only have 2 medals.

Good thing you checked here then.

Get in the habit of that, and save often.

EDIT: I'm still only at 1 medal, I probably should stop making stupid Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged references and get cracking, huh?

Edited by Glen-i

Yeah, make sure that you save immediately after each Gym Leader, before you get ambushed by Ronald and his offer of a Promo card...

bsaOaNj.png

As always, Mario & Luigi offers the correct advice

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

giphy.gif

Accurate depiction of Dcubed after that

Seriously, I'm legit impressed. Winning in one turn is one thing, but losing to a CPU in one turn is really, really amazing!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

I just pulled off what must be the single greatest comeback in all of Pokemon TCG history...

From this...

ra6i10v.jpg

... to this!

EXKaKJd.jpg

Video capture of the last 30 seconds here (If Twitter/X decides to stop crapping itself)...

Feeling pretty dang good right about now :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this