NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Gex Trilogy

Gex is back, in trilogy form!

Switch, PS4/5, Xbox Series X/S and Steam. 

Hilarious that S-E considered the Gex IP more important to hold onto than Tomb Raider or Deux Ex.

Of all the hills to die on :laughing:

• Haha 1

I love these games.  I really hope we get the Leslie Philips and Danny John-Jules voice tracks though.  In a perfect world we'd able to chose between those UK tracks and the american Dana Gould ones.

7 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Hilarious that S-E considered the Gex IP more important to hold onto than Tomb Raider or Deux Ex.

So strange to see that logo at the end because I thought they had sold Gex along with all the other IP.

Edited by V. Amoleo

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

You're assuming they didn't try. Honestly, I'd be surprised if anyone actually wanted to buy it. But hey, good on Square for actually doing something with it.

And I mean this in the nicest way possible, but as the guy who is perhaps a bit too lenient with games with playable reptiles. The Gex games have not aged well. Then again, most Playstation takes on Mario 64 haven't.

It's better then Crash, at least.

Edited by Glen-i

Oh my goodness, that was unexpected. Played Enter the Gekko when it came out on N64, but I don't think I ever completed it. 

46 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Wow, this is more unexpected than a funny Adam Sandler film.

This is kinda what I mean when I say Gex hasn't aged well. A lot of the quips Gex spews are dated. Like, really dated. Will be interested to see what they do about that, at least.

This is kinda what I mean when I say Gex hasn't aged well. A lot of the quips Gex spews are dated. Like, really dated. Will be interested to see what they do about that, at least.

Well the Adam Sandler quote has aged like fine wine.
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Well the Adam Sandler quote has aged like fine wine.

OK yeah. Point. But unfortunately, it's the exception that proves the rule.

Outside of offering two different voice tracks in game, (three if they do both the original UK and American dubs) I don't think there's a way to win this one.

Just dub over the reference with something new. 

Wow, this is more unexpected than a funny Adam Sandler Kevin Hart film

8 minutes ago, bob said:

Just dub over the reference with something new. 

Wow, this is more unexpected than a funny Adam Sandler Kevin Hart film

But then you'll get some people who have fonder memories of the original games (and let's face it, that's who the market is) upset that they changed it.

It's a no-win scenario, really.

The ridiculously dated quotes are kind of the game’s charm now though.

I say just own it at this point.

Let’s just hope that we get the choice between UK and US dubs… History tends to get tainted with an American lens when it comes to video games sadly.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

OK yeah. Point. But unfortunately, it's the exception that proves the rule.
Outside of offering two different voice tracks in game, (three if they do both the original UK and American dubs) I don't think there's a way to win this one.

Speak for yourself, the dated quotes make it for me.

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

Speak for yourself, the dated quotes make it for me.

Oh no, I'm a 90's kid. It's the kind of cringe I can deal with.

The real problem is it's a kinda OK platform game that had to go up against Mario 64, and nothing comes out well there.

OK, so this is neat.

About a year ago, some person took various voice clips from Gex and did an animation depicting it as a 90's Saturday morning cartoon.

Honestly? That video nails the style. It's very well done.

I bring this up not just because it's Gex related, but because... Well, have a guess who animated Gex in that little teaser trailer?

Good for them.

Also, just learned that Danny John-Jules did Gex's voice in the PAL version of the third game. Now this defo needs the option for the PAL voices.

• Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this