NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Threads

So has anybody given this a go yet? I have. It's pretty clean. It's got the similarities of Twitter but it still feels like Instagram in a way. I actually like it!

I'm gonna give it a miss for the moment. The interface on Instagram is horrendous, doesn't give me stuff in order, shows me random people I don't follow/care about - Twitter does that too, but it's not as much of a hassle.

I'm just not down enough to warrant having another social media account for something, especially when I barely Tweet as it is.

Honestly? I can't get on board with the idea of giving Meta access to my data. I want to avoid that whenever possible.

Of course, it could end up being unavoidable if Twitter keeps imploding on itself.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Haven't been on social media since 2016 (I think) and won't be ever again, so no :p

The only times I read Twitter/Threads/whatever is when someone else posts stuff on a forum.

Good to see an alternative for the shitshow that Twitter is, though. But it's Meta so basically just a different kind of shitshow.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Good to see an alternative for the shitshow that Twitter is, though. But it's Meta so basically just a different kind of shitshow.

You could've used Gab, that was ah'mazin'

¬_¬

Given Meta's love of harvesting data (I have an Instagram account so I know it's no different, but don't feel the need to go deeper), the fact your timeline is a mess of people you don't follow and not in chronological order and the fact if you remove your account you remove your Instagram account too I'm just not going to bother. I feel like I need less social media, not more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Given Meta's love of harvesting data (I have an Instagram account so I know it's no different, but don't feel the need to go deeper), the fact your timeline is a mess of people you don't follow and not in chronological order and the fact if you remove your account you remove your Instagram account too I'm just not going to bother. I feel like I need less social media, not more. 

I've tried to do this as someone told me about this but I was able to deactivate Threads and still keep IG

Sign in to follow this